07 cobalt SS s/c VS 15 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 07 cobalt SS s/c VS 15 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am thinking about trading my cobalt in for a new WRX early next year. I just recently fell in ...

07 cobalt SS s/c VS 15 WRX

I am thinking about trading my cobalt in for a new WRX early next year. I just recently fell in love with the WRXs so I'm a noob at everything. I need people to give me reasons why I should (or shouldn't) do this instead of modding my cobalt. Tell me what ya love and dislike about the new WRXs. The only thing that is turning me off is the bland interior. Luckily that can all be fixed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Really you dont like the interior of the wrx? I owned an 05 cobalt and that interior was terrible the silver that would rub off around the radio. Phantom noises from the gas tank. After a 2.7 pulley zero traction but it was a TON of fun! The 15 rex I now own has a nice interior with space for both kids and the missus, traction is ridiculous it just flys from a stop, cornering is phenomanal. Things I don't like are the radio and the interior could have been a lil nicer some pieces don't seem like they go together. All in all I prefer the rex over the cobalt. I do however miss the whine of the supercharger

Yeah all my silver is rubbing off As well. I never said I liked the cobalts either haha. The whine of the supercharger is something I would miss too but being able to drive on snow is what really sold me to the WRX. Seems like you can have fun with it at any times. Hopefully I'll be able to get soon. Nearest dealer is 4 hours away though :-(

i have a freind that has a pair of modded cobalts. one supe, one turbo. both are stupid fast, i think the supercharged one is stage 3. we have played a bit and i can keep up with him mostly just because of No wheel spin. awd baby! and my 02 is mostly stock. i also beat him up badly in stopping(much more important where i live...) and not even a contest in the corners. but his cars will run away from me on the big end, which is all he cares about. top speed(he has pulled 121 in the quarter with the supercharged one.) basicly, he built his to taste, so did i. untill the snow. weather renders both cars undrivable(turbo one isnt to bad because lag) and i would say that the interiors are about in the same class(less expensive) but yeah, the covering on the GM trim pisses me off. anything newer like my 07 burban have that trim paint peel. charger noise can be replaced carefully with a cold air intake and a stage one tune. my brothers is so loud thru the cai it turns heads just driving off of a stoplight let alone actually spooling the factory turbo. drive a few! see what you like best. then drive some more. or...hit up a few local meets and look at stock and modded rides. you will get a way better idea of what you up against talking to people who own them and have for a while. kind of like here at the club, only you get some hands on lol.

edit. im in the same boat with the dealer too. 4-6 hours minimum. and so..i bought ramps and a cr@ptop computer hahahah
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.