How fun is a 2002 to 2007 WRX compared to a Scion tC?

This is a discussion on How fun is a 2002 to 2007 WRX compared to a Scion tC? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Right now I drive a Scion tC and while it's great on gas and has some nice features, I'm really ...

Right now I drive a Scion tC and while it's great on gas and has some nice features, I'm really looking for something more fun to drive and something better in inclimate weather. I know there is probably some bias here lol but do you think that the WRX is a lot more fun?

I have specifically been looking at the 06 and 07, because they have the 2.5 which has 230HP and I don't want to replace the up-pipe on the older 2.0 models, but I'm open to the idea of any GD / GG WRX.

I do 50% of my driving on curvy backroads and 50% on the highway. I want something that can handle the turns a little better and also something with a little more power on tap. Also I plan on lightly modifying the WRX. So, do you guys think the WRX would fit me? And before anyone mentions the STi, I would love an STi -- ANY STi -- but it's just not in the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The AWD and turbo on the WRX make it a much more fun car to drive in my opinion. Especially around twisty roads.

If the WRX has a standard head unit and speakers then be prepared from a really awful stereo though...I mean really bad.

I'd suggest getting yourself to a dealer and taking a few cars out for a drive. See what you think. You might not like it

Make sure you get on with FSH

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    prior to buying my 06 wrx, i test drove an 06 TC. it was "nice" but not fun by any means. it was just a normal point a to point b car in my opinion.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Turbo + AWD = wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun.

/end thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    prior to buying my 06 wrx, i test drove an 06 TC. it was "nice" but not fun by any means. it was just a normal point a to point b car in my opinion.
    I've done a few things to improve the handling. It's lowered, has front and rear sways and a front strut so it's a little better handling. But it just feels like a more visually appealing grocery getter with jacked up insurance prices. If I'm going to pay for something I want it to be a bit more fun, plus the WRX is more practical (four doors, AWD).

Using Tapatalk

Turbo + AWD = wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun.

/end thread.
    +1

Wow man, the tc sucks. Sorry, but it really does.
    It was a mistake to get it in the first place, and a bigger mistake to spend money on improving it. Time to cut your losses.

Get the wrx and forget that you ever owned a scion.

Also, the tc and wrx sound systems are equally bad.

And today I just got into an accident. Not my fault but it really banged up the front of my car. Here we go...
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by disqimation View Post
    +1

Wow man, the tc sucks. Sorry, but it really does.
    It was a mistake to get it in the first place, and a bigger mistake to spend money on improving it. Time to cut your losses.

Get the wrx and forget that you ever owned a scion.

Also, the tc and wrx sound systems are equally bad.
    I don't regret buying or modifying it. It served it's purpose. But it's time to move up.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigZman95 View Post
    And today I just got into an accident. Not my fault but it really banged up the front of my car. Here we go...

Details? Is it totaled? Maybe you can swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Sube Jr View Post
    Details? Is it totaled? Maybe you can swap?
    Nope not totaled but will definitely be in the shop awhile. Here are some pics.

Using Tapatalk

wow that is going to be expensive. looks like your front wheel is fine though that's nice. your insurance covering that?

Yeah insurance is covering it all but $500 (my deductible). They said my rates shouldn't go up too much if at all. It's my first claim ever, and I've never had a speeding ticket or any other citation either. Cop didn't cite me today either, basically just said we were both in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was the other lady's fault, but oh well. Nobody was hurt and that's all that matters. Cars can be fixed and replaced.

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigZman95 View Post
    Yeah insurance is covering it all but $500 (my deductible). They said my rates shouldn't go up too much if at all. It's my first claim ever, and I've never had a speeding ticket or any other citation either. Cop didn't cite me today either, basically just said we were both in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was the other lady's fault, but oh well. Nobody was hurt and that's all that matters. Cars can be fixed and replaced.

that's good hope your insurance doesn't go up, that's the killer when you got a sports car

Quote Originally Posted by Sube Jr View Post
    that's good hope your insurance doesn't go up, that's the killer when you got a sports car
    Luckily for me my insurance is pretty cool and understanding about things.

Using Tapatalk