2011 wrx (46,170 Miles) vs. 2007 BMW 335i Coupe (70,000 Miles)

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx (46,170 Miles) vs. 2007 BMW 335i Coupe (70,000 Miles) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I currently own a 2011 wrx. I have it stage 2 tuned from TP. I am looking at a used ...

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar

2011 wrx (46,170 Miles) vs. 2007 BMW 335i Coupe (70,000 Miles)

I currently own a 2011 wrx. I have it stage 2 tuned from TP. I am looking at a used BMW 2007 335i Coupe w/ 70k miles.
    Concerns: BMW problems i am not foreseeing.
    Reason: I want a car with more luxury. I have test drove and am very interested.
    Any problems with the BMW that is going to kill me in the end.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    They are great cars, with plenty of power and luxury. Biggest issue is that when it comes time for repairs and the like, expect to pay significantly more for them than you would for your WRX. Everyone I know who owns a BMW has that same gripe - costly to fix, parts are costly and they are no more reliable than anything else out there. That said - plenty of luxury to step up into, but the tech is already seven years old in the one you are looking at.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    They are great cars, with plenty of power and luxury. Biggest issue is that when it comes time for repairs and the like, expect to pay significantly more for them than you would for your WRX. Everyone I know who owns a BMW has that same gripe - costly to fix, parts are costly and they are no more reliable than anything else out there. That said - plenty of luxury to step up into, but the tech is already seven years old in the one you are looking at.
    Thanks for your input sir.. 86 views and only 1 reply.
    If I post the link for the car, it has the carfax.. It has had some issues, with the a/c and one accident. LMK what your opinion is
    Thank you again.
    2007 BMW 3 Series 335i - Dodge, Ram dealer in Miami Florida – New and Used Dodge, Ram dealership serving Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach Hollywood Davie Florida

Broke My Wallet. I don't say that to be a jerk. I say that as a few of my good friends are all German Car mechanics. Repairs will absolutely kill you money wise, even if you do all the work you can yourself.

Remember, your high pressure fuel pump on the BMW WILL without a doubt fail at some point in time if it hasn't already. The amount of those things my friends have changed is rediculous.

I'm not voting one way or the other, just providing some information that I feel is pertinent.

Quote Originally Posted by vweater1369 View Post
    Broke My Wallet. I don't say that to be a jerk. I say that as a few of my good friends are all German Car mechanics. Repairs will absolutely kill you money wise, even if you do all the work you can yourself.

Remember, your high pressure fuel pump on the BMW WILL without a doubt fail at some point in time if it hasn't already. The amount of those things my friends have changed is rediculous.

I'm not voting one way or the other, just providing some information that I feel is pertinent.
    Thank you for the info.. Everything is appreciated.
    I might just buy leather seats, grab a meth kit and a good fmic and continue playing with the wrx..

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've driven an older 335i (the bi-turbo variety) and it was fairly boring to drive. Certainly not a performance car. Great power but lacked agility. Felt balanced but numb. It's a great GT car I'm sure, but a sports sedan it is not.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Don't buy a BMW with 70k miles on it.

I have a cousin with a 2010 335 which I've driven a handful of times. Was it luxurious? Sort of. Did it feel fast? Sort of. Was it lively and fun to drive? No. Would I ever buy one? Hell no.

If you are at all interested in a newer luxury car, the Cadillac ats is pretty cool. Handling is top notch( def better that the bimmer) and way more fun to drive. Also more luxurious and a bigger bang for the buck.

My 2013 wrx is way more fun to drive than my ex's 2010 335xi which was fully loaded. Her car had nice seats and a nicer looking dash sure but all driving points go to the wrx. In terms of money going from lower miles and a newer car to higher miles and older car is not a good move usually because you're going to have a 10 year old car with over 100k miles in three years and your maintenance is going to start to suck more than BMW maintenance already does.
    fear is the mind killer