14' WRX vs 13' Civic Si - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 14' WRX vs 13' Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yup Hondas drive better but they are less capable and fun. I had an 06 rsx-s....

Yup Hondas drive better but they are less capable and fun. I had an 06 rsx-s.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd take a gti or a st over a si any day. Obviously wrx over all of these.

Idk, the si and gti were both kind of boring to me, not sure if the gti is worth the reliability penalty. The focus st is probably better, but it seems to have horrid resale value and also be pretty troublesome. The si also gives you the best gearbox and the only mechanical LSD.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

But the 8th gen si are mad fun to drive because they rev out to 8k rpms. I had a supercharged one with 317whp and it was a blast!! My buddy has one with full bolt ons, manifold and bigger tb with around 220whp and its a real fun car!

yup and you could probably put the z3 head on the k24 and make it rev higher too if you wanted.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

I'd get a gti if I was interested in earning a trade as a car mechanic and didn't care what the resale value of my vehicle was. Honda has a reliable background, and the N/a k24 engine matched with the six speed is fantastic. I do miss that car and the ability to just thrash it around, and yet become a tame daily. Don't get me wrong the wrx is a king, but something about the Si was just fun.

Quote Originally Posted by vivtelliii!!!! View Post
    yup and you could probably put the z3 head on the k24 and make it rev higher too if you wanted.
    Yeah it's a give and take situation with the k24 in the 9th gen...yes the redline is shorter than the previous gens 8+ k redline....but the low end power and torque on the vehicle was much better suited for hard launches and casual driving.

yeah it just felt so dull coming out of a WRX. I drove a beat 8th gen Si too and that didn't feel dull at all neither did my 06 RSX-S. As torquey as the K24 is it just feels inconsequential compared to these boosted cars
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

I'm hoping to get into another 8th gen eventually and supercharging it again when I get rid of my wrx in a year or 2. I miss that car that so much!
    Either 8th gen or an s2000 with a $5k truck for the winter.

our other car is an 8th gen ex 5 speed, not much fun to drive though
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

Yea but awesome reliability and AWESOME gas mileage

the 15 wrx EPA combined rating is actually better than the 8th gen Si and RSX-S

Compare Side-by-Side
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

I was averaging 27 mpg in my si with 317whp. My 13 wrx only gets 21-23 and I drove my si WAY harder.

The 15 wrx gets ~3 mpg better so you'd be doing about the same, maybe 1 mpg less.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

Yea I wanted to test drive one but my local dealer sells out of them so quick. They have 4-5 2015 stis on the lot tho. They said no one wants them lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.