14' WRX vs 13' Civic Si - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 14' WRX vs 13' Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by vivtelliii!!!! I considered getting rid of my 2011 wrx for a 2013 si or accord sport for ...

Quote Originally Posted by vivtelliii!!!! View Post
    I considered getting rid of my 2011 wrx for a 2013 si or accord sport for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I used to have an 06 rsx-s and I had been missing the sharpness of that car in the 2 cars I had following it(04 g35 sedan and 2011 wrx hatch). I test drove the 2 Hondas and liked both a lot but they just seemed so dull coming out of the wrx. Also tried a 2011 gti, also dull. Then a few weeks ago the local dealer got a 2015 wrx in and after a few miles of test driving I was sold. It's not quite as refined as the Hondas but it's much closer and way more enjoyable. I think you probably should have waited for the 15. Probably a useless post at this point but for the first time in a long time I don't miss my rsx. Not that the 2011 was bad, it was quite enjoyable, but it can wear on you.
    The reason I decided with the 14 model is I'm about to be a father here in a few days, so I want the hatch...plus I like the way the hatch looks. The 15 doesn't offer that...additionally as much as I like the new styling of the wrx, I'm not sold on the idea of purchasing a new model vehicle on it's first year, whereas the 14 is the last model of the outgoing generation and has had refinements and such....atleast that's my rationing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I really wanted a '14 hatch as well but no one in Houston had one that was new so i opted for the '15. We are due to have a child in Oct and this is still an improvement over the Tacoma i had. Also, i looked at the used hatches they had on the lot and the rear area didn't have that much more cargo space in my opinion, yet it was more convenient to access the rear area for the diaper bag or what not.

Im just not a fan of buying used cars so i went with the '15 and so far i love it. I would have gone with the '14 if they had it new though.

Edit:
    It may be the first model of the new body style but its not unproven technology. Every piece of the car has been proven in other cars and Suby has a pretty decent track record. Better than Toyota at least lol.

Edit...
    My tablet keeps double posting ... sorry
    Last edited by Mike0341; 04-26-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: double post

I was hell bent on getting an 05-06 rsx s prior to greeting my 14 limited sedan.

I test drove a few of them and an 07 civic si. Those 6speed hondas shift like butter. I have the sti short throw shifter which didn't feel that great. I put a Cobb knob on it and it's better, but not great.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I agree, I too replaced the stock shifter with with a short shifter from cobb, don't have the sti factory shifter....but I've gotten quite used to the wrx and it's gearbox and clutch engagement points. So all is well

I missed my 06 rsx until I got my 15, the interior has just about caught up to late 2001 lol.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

I know exactly how you feel in regards to the shifting. I'm coming from a gti and shifting was super buttery/limp ****. I loved it. Took some getting used to, but after I got the Cobb short shifter I'm starting to like it more than my old car's shifting. Also, it does get looser with time(pun intended?)

i currently have a '09 Si and love the gear-box

i'm getting into a 15 WRX w/ short throw STI shifter, but haven't been able to drive one due to limited (read no) availability in my area.

is the WRX (STI short throw shifter) really that bad in comparison?

its no honda shifter, but its not bad

not sure about the short throw
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by wrxOsaurus View Post
    i currently have a '09 Si and love the gear-box

i'm getting into a 15 WRX w/ short throw STI shifter, but haven't been able to drive one due to limited (read no) availability in my area.

is the WRX (STI short throw shifter) really that bad in comparison?
    I don't know what the sti short shifter from subaru feels like. I purchased the cobb ss for my wrx. But before I did, I did not like the shifter at all compared to what I was driving. The civic si's transmission matched with that zippy engine was fantastic....however, it almost seems like a distant pleasant dream nowadays....I love the cobb shifter on the wrx and forgot all my troubles I first encountered. Bottom line up front, get some kind of replacement for the stock shifter.

You can't compare the way the old rod linkage transmission shifted to the new one, it feels totally different
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

Welcome to the '9th gen to WRX club' lol
    I recently just sold my 13 si and bought a 15 wrx limited.
    the si only had about 2500 miles... just way to slow and horrible in the winter (upstate NY). I love love the 15 WRX in and out. Nothing can beat the AWD Turbooo.
    Good Luck.

Welcome to the '9th gen to WRX club' lol
    I recently just sold my 13 si and bought a 15 wrx limited.
    the si only had about 2500 miles... just way to slow and horrible in the winter (upstate NY). I love love the 15 WRX in and out. Nothing can beat the AWD Turbooo.
    Good Luck.

I test drove a 2013 si sedan because I was getting tired oh how rattly my 2011 wrx was. The shifter felt great and the interior was a big improvement over the old wrx and the 8th gen civic but the k24 just isn't that exciting, I missed the old k20 even though the k24 torque was much improved. The 2015 wrx made me forget about the the old wrx and the si lol
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

I came from a '08 Si sedan and a 2 '04 6 speed TSX's (not to mention every GS-R body ever produced from 92-01) before getting any of the subies I've had ( 2 LGT's and my current WRX). All my hondas drove better overall,but were garbage in the snow and the power department. All 3 of the subies I've had would smack ass on all the hondas I've owned in any form of performance or race. My wife still currently drives an '07 civic sedan and driving it feels so much more effortless than my WRX.
    2004 San Remo Red WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.