New Subaru WRX or something else??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Subaru WRX or something else??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah, it would need to be rwd and 6mt for the fun. I'll say this for it though, I had ...

yeah, it would need to be rwd and 6mt for the fun. I'll say this for it though, I had an 08 G35x loaner car(pretty much the same as the g37) it's awd system sends most of the power to the rear so the car is more tail happy
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My first tank of gas i got 18 mpg in the '15. However, im going to try taking the highway more often this week to see the difference it makes.

When coming from the movies last night, i was avg 25mpg down the highway at 80mph (speed limit 75).

I'm about 3/4 through my first tank in my '15 and am averaging 23.5 mpg. Though am still doing the break in, but there may have been a few times I couldn't help myself :-P. And its mostly highway for me.

Yea i had a few moments of not being able to help myself as well lol.

Also i have a weird feeling that my first tank of gas was not premium because after i refilled with premium i noticed an increase mpg and it felt like it was running better than before.

I would hope they would fill it with premium on its first tank but you never know.

Just a quick bit of information about the 2015 mpg, the trip computer is always a little ambitious but on a 6 hour drive out into western PA i had my cruise set around 65 to 72 depending on the mood and when i got to the desitination i refueled. My trip computer said 34.5 and i calculated 33.53.

My trip back was not so steady and may have seen higher speeds, also took a lot less time but i averaged 27mpg on the way back.

In normal 20 mile drive to work without any care in the world for mpg i am getting 27-28 average.

*Double click*

On topic of which car. I had a 2007 g35 before the 2015 wrx. the leather they use is extremely thin and is latex coated, not stained so it will crack and look rather cheap in a rather short time. Just a heads up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I've had my 2015 mpg readout up to 36 mpg but I haven't had a chance to do a full highway tank
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    What I want is

1.something I can drive year around this will be a daily driver.
    2. Something thats AWD for the weather in the winter.
    3 Something thats realtively sporty and looks decent
    4. Something that gets decent MPG(25+ MPG or better highway)
    Funny, I am in a similar situation. I have pretty much decided on a 2015 wrx. Before then I was considering used luxury vehicle as alternative. This is the route I have gone with my 2 previous cars, CPO A4 and 535xi. I still have the bimmer, and i love it, but my CPO warranty is about to expire and want to dump it before then. Repairs on the german cars are just so expensive.

I almost pulled the trigger on CPO G37x. AWD is a necessity for me, as I don't get snow days off from work. The G is definitely nice and fun to drive, mileage is so-so. The biggest limiter for me is no manual with awd. My 1st 5 cars were all stick, and my last 2 with AWD were autos. I miss rowing the gears, and it is hard to find something with AWD, performance and stick, especially new.

So if you want a stick-shift, I would go with Subie. If you are planning for an auto, then I would go with either the CVT wrx or G37. The wrx will definitely be more performance tuned, with the G having more luxury feel.

To make it easier for those who are comparing, they should look into a Prius or a WRX. That will help give them the inspiration they need

Dbl post

I Support ClubWRX
    My recommdation would be to buy a used Prius for now (great commuter car and believe it or not, an acceptable highway car) and move to one of your selections in a few years. It is what I did a few years back and have not regretted it for a second. My Pri'i is now at 248K miles and has never been to the dealer for anything. Nada. Zero. With just tire changes, standard fluid/filter maintenance, and a single brake change to date, it is by far the cheapest vehicle to operate I've ever owned. Although I list an Audi S5 in my profile sig, I've a few other rides, and the Prius helps me to afford them. The ONLY issue I have is staying diligent at driving it to and from work....its tough when you can look in the garage and take something a LOT more fun into work...lol.
    I'd stay away from Infinity tbh. Many reasons, but mostly, I just think they are slow.
    The dodge has some good aftermarket power options, and they are pretty cheap overall, so that would be a good choice.
    The SHO is a beaut, and has the potential for huge HP gains if you can spend the money, and trumps your other selections as far as utility, amenities, and comfort for sure.
    Appearance-wise, I love the CTS, but have not driven one, but have heard decent things about them.
    One thought..have you considered a used Legacy GT with a 2.5 turbo. You can get the same power adders as for a WRX, and still enjoy the space and comfort. I loved mine, and still wish I owned it tbh.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're looking for a reasonably sport and comfortable ride I suggest the g37x sedan. The 7AT transmission is not bad and you will really enjoy the low RPM power in that car. Plus the interior is very comfortable and the navigation and tech were really impressive for me. I had a 2013 g37 ipl 7AT and really enjoyed the car, but it was a little small for me. If you can get a car Cars for Sale: 2013 Infiniti G37 x in Addison, TX 75001: Sedan Details - 356819719 - AutoTrader.com
    I think you'll be very happy.

Of course the WRX is much more performance minded in terms of handling and with the 2015 model you will get better gas mileage. But for a highway cruiser with great passing power, I say go with the infiniti.

WRX seems to be the right choice for you, you might get lucky and find a leftover hatch. I would go in and have a dealer actually try to track one down. If money is not an issue and you want some luxury, I would consider the cadillac ats awd.

Def stay away from the infinity, you'd probably regret getting it. I think the dodge/ford are ruled out because the wrx has a nicer interior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12