2015 WRX vs. 2011-14 STi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX vs. 2011-14 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm getting ready to deploy and when I get back, I'm looking into getting a Subaru. A bit of ...

2015 WRX vs. 2011-14 STi

So I'm getting ready to deploy and when I get back, I'm looking into getting a Subaru. A bit of an upgrade from my speed3. You can have 385 whp all day but if you can't lay it down clean, there's no point in having it. So I came to you guys cause I know you are the real Subaru enthusiasts. I don't wanna hear bull **** numbers from a dealership. I want you guys to break it down for me. I'm 21, married and the wife is starting to talk about having kids. I want either a new WRX or maybe an older STi for the space. I was considering going with an EVO but the back seat and trunk space is miserable. I don't wanna give up a lot of power, which is why I'm not gonna go with a used WRX. My Mazda was nice, 263 from the factory and I went big with upgrades. Not gonna be going as big as I did. Maybe, an intake exhaust and tune. Or even just an intake and straight pipes. So for the price range, what do you think is gonna be better? Am I gonna be giving up too much power by going to a WRX? What are the pros and cons to each?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hard to compare when no one here has driven a '15, yet. (I assume)
    That said, the '15 will likely be a nice daily driver, with pretensions of being a sports sedan, and most STI's are (near-)track cars, that have pretensions of being a daily driver. You'll need to drive them to see what fits the bill. Likely to be very different cars.

Best of luck!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

True. Can only go over hear/say/see. I see the '15 being a good daily driver. The STi's are so perfect all the way around. It's such a capable daily driver but can I really justify 8-10K of a difference based off of 35 extra HP, some interior immenities and an STi badge? I don't think my wife will buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hard to compare when no one here has driven a '15, yet. (I assume)
    That said, the '15 will likely be a nice daily driver, with pretensions of being a sports sedan, and most STI's are (near-)track cars, that have pretensions of being a daily driver. You'll need to drive them to see what fits the bill. Likely to be very different cars.

Best of luck!

well the 11-14 wrx has the same power the stis do. and if your planning on having the car with straight pipes i doubt the kids in the back seat are goingg to like that lol

I think they'll live. Haha. Don't have any yet but the wife caught a case of the baby fever. And what do you mean they have the same power as the STi's do? Are you talking power capability or...?

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    well the 11-14 wrx has the same power the stis do. and if your planning on having the car with straight pipes i doubt the kids in the back seat are goingg to like that lol

na stock for stock the 11-14 wrx and stis have the same whp. if you look on cobbs website they have dyno graphs of both of them stock

i would suggest getting the wrx for dd. the sti is meant to be on a track. the only complaint i have with the wrx was the ridiculous body roll that it came with. But i added eibach front and rear sways and the car handles awesome now.

Wow. So you just answered my question for me. That 8-10K is absolutely not worth it. If I'm paying 30-35K for a car, I want it to show and be able to feel it when I drive. That's just sorry. Well thank you for that! I commend you for your knowledge, sir.

na stock for stock the 11-14 wrx and stis have the same whp. if you look on cobbs website they have dyno graphs of both of them stock

no problem. yea even stage 2 the wrx and stis make the same power. check out the graphs on cobbs site.

I got a buddy with an '04 Mustang that is sitting on eibach's. He swears by them. They're really worth the investment?

i would suggest getting the wrx for dd. the sti is meant to be on a track. the only complaint i have with the wrx was the ridiculous body roll that it came with. But i added eibach front and rear sways and the car handles awesome now.

eibach ''sway bars'' not springs. although there springs are pretty good to. But without a doubt the best upgrade you can do for th newer wrx is the bigger sway bars with kartboy endlinks. imo

Awesome. Price tag? Can't be too bad. Probably about $450 all in all?

eibach ''sway bars'' not springs. although there springs are pretty good to. But without a doubt the best upgrade you can do for th newer wrx is the bigger sway bars with kartboy endlinks. imo

a lil more i think. i paid $500 ish i think. but i think my buddy forgot to ring me up for the front endlinks

Right now about $210 on Kartboy end links, About $430 in front and rear sways.

a lil more i think. i paid $500 ish i think. but i think my buddy forgot to ring me up for the front endlinks

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, just to get it right here...The STi comes with

-HID's (I know the limited WRX does too, but all STi's do)
    -18 inch wheels (not necessarily a performance enhancer per say, but worth mentioning - note this is due to the larger brakes - see below)
    -Brembo brakes
    -Driver Controlled Center Differential
    -Stiffer suspension from stock
    -6 speed transmission
    -SI drive
    -Larger intercooler
    -metal BPV
    -And of course, the STi badge

All these items done aftermarket would add up to much more than the price difference between an STi and a WRX. I am in no way arguing that an STi is a better option for anyone, as it sounds like a WRX suits a lot of people just fine. It just drives me nuts when I see people saying that there really is no justification for the price difference between the WRX and STi. (AKA I am defending my STi's butthurt).
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 02-05-2014 at 05:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.