2015 WRX vs. 2011-14 STi - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX vs. 2011-14 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Soko I honestly don't plan on doing much until my warranty is up. Ran into a warranty ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soko View Post
    I honestly don't plan on doing much until my warranty is up. Ran into a warranty issue with the tune on my Mazda and got screwed. Dumped 5K+ in parts and I just can't do that anymore. My mod bug came and went. I'm helping with my buddy's '11 STi for him so I'll get my fix through him.
    I would just go stay stage 1. You can get a cobb accessport and have the ability to load your stock tune back if necessary. I havent heard anyone blowing a engine on stage 1 tunes and the cobb tunes are pretty conversative. Most people who have troubles is when they go stage 2.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea it's mostly the stock tune that blows these cars up. But idk if I'm gunna risk modding it and losing my warranty.

First of all you can't buy these cars used.. Check out motortrend march 2014 issue. They compare 15 wrx/Sti with last gen. Gr/gv wrx/Sti. Last gen tested lighter/faster than the 2015. A lot has been changed on the 15. I would try to get a 14 wrx for a daily, in everyday driving the wrx is better, it's lighter and runs the same times as an Sti, the 10k+ is just not worth it on the street. The wing and dccd are useless on the street as well as 6th gear, my friend owns an 07 Sti and he's used the ddcd once in 7 years. Plus that 10k you save maybe more if you get a 14 when the 15's arrive, you can use on aftermarket an whomp an Sti/EVO. And if you really want the diff, cusco makes mechanical diffs. The new wrx does not have the 2.5l EJ nor UEL headers, and it doesn't have it's street/rally looks anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt troise View Post
    First of all you can't buy these cars used.. Check out motortrend march 2014 issue. They compare 15 wrx/Sti with last gen. Gr/gv wrx/Sti. Last gen tested lighter/faster than the 2015. A lot has been changed on the 15. I would try to get a 14 wrx for a daily, in everyday driving the wrx is better, it's lighter and runs the same times as an Sti, the 10k+ is just not worth it on the street. The wing and dccd are useless on the street as well as 6th gear, my friend owns an 07 Sti and he's used the ddcd once in 7 years. Plus that 10k you save maybe more if you get a 14 when the 15's arrive, you can use on aftermarket an whomp an Sti/EVO. And if you really want the diff, cusco makes mechanical diffs. The new wrx does not have the 2.5l EJ nor UEL headers, and it doesn't have it's street/rally looks anymore
    There's a whole lot of wrong with this. ^^

Seriously, the 2015 sti ran 13.1@104 in mag tests, no last gen sti ever tested that fast although I'm not sure why. If you want an sti the 15 is the one to get since they barely lose any value as used cars. Love my 15 wrx though, I think it's the way to go for a dd.
    2015 WRB WRX Premium
    2011 SWP WRX 5 Door *old*

Back in march motor trend tested the previous gen. As faster. So idk? Idc, I love my wrx not traded up for at least 2-3yrs because then there will be an even better wrx/Sti out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The previous wrx was faster, not the sti
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

Yea that's what I was saying, and everybody flamed me

I agree for wrx as dd. the 15 is really nice that fa engine is beast

Car and driver got a very similar time in the 15 wrx as they did with the last gen. I think 0-60 4.8 1/4 13.6@102 vs 13.5@102 for the 09 And 13.7@100 for the 11. Motortrend said you have to bounce the limiter to hit 60 in 2nd in the 15, which simply isn't true(I tried).
    2015 WRB WRX Premium

Cool. Yea I have a 14 dgm wrx sedan no wing/no chrome and some goods(spt gauge/Sti short shifter/Sti knob) and I really like the 15's especially the wrx but I'm gonna wait till like '16 or later and try to trade up for one. My friend in NY at his dealer he took pics of a 15 Sti dgm on black bbs and it was so nice, he said dude it's so nice in person, he has an 11 wr blue

I think a stock wrx would beat your fwd to 60, maybe 100....maybe.
    Handling also goes to the wrx.

11-14 wrx hatch for sure is the better choice for you(unless you want cvt). Doesn't sound like you need or will get much use out of a car that is 10k more. If you spend ~$1500 on the wrx, you'll have 300+whp or you can probably find one that is already stage 2.

Stock 0-60 is faster than the sti, ride is softer and you can put groceries in it.

I too have a deployment coming up shortly, and I was thinking about getting the 15' WRX...I recently welcomed a newborn myself, and was disappointed that the 15' WRX and STis were not going to have the 5 door option. I pulled the trigger and got one of the last remaining 2014 WRX 5drs, I came from a 9th gen Civic Si, and honestly even with the hatch on the WRX interior size wise is the same. I'm able to just fit our running stroller...the angular door on the hatch makes it a little difficult...granted it is a running stroller so it is much bulkier. My wife currently drives a 2013 Hyundai Elantra, and between the two of us owning compact cars, one of us is going to have to switch to a bigger car. I told my wife how "practical" the WRX will be since it has a hatch...but in all honesty...its not very practical compared to say a Forester.

Stay safe on the deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt troise View Post
    ^this +1

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Lulz at the DCCD comment.

You use the diffs every time you drive the car. The DCCD system is leagues better than the garbage Viscous coupling in the WRX.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast