2015 WRX vs. 2015 Mustang - Page 3

View Poll Results: What one do you think is cooler/would you pick at this point in time

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • WRX

82 81.19%
  • Mustang

19 18.81%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX vs. 2015 Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Its a joke because of the way they set the car up not because of the engine. It needs better ...

Its a joke because of the way they set the car up not because of the engine. It needs better gearing in the rear end and a better trans in my opinion. I've seen them dyno as low at 330whp and as high as 370whp at the shop i used to take my power wagon to. So depending on what gear set up you get from the dealer depends on how good of a car you'll really get with the mustang and sadly they still don't offer that wide of a variety of options.

I would say 90% of the cars coming off the floor have the low gears so they can sell the "it gets good gas mileage" bit. Very few customers come in and really know what they are getting, which means they typically get a 5.0 that is just about useless unless they like making noise.

If you decide to get a mustang make sure you get the track package and a good gear ratio. Don't get shafted with street gears unless you want all noise and no go.
    Last edited by Mike0341; 04-27-2014 at 12:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Just went to the page to build a Mustang GT. They make it pretty much impossible to order the gears youll want to have.

2014 Ford Mustang GT | The 2014 Ford Mustang GT | Ford.com

Comes with weak 3.31s but the better gears are optional. Make sure you get the 3.73s or you basically just buying a mustang for the looks.

Dbl post

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0341 View Post
    Just went to the page to build a Mustang GT. They make it pretty much impossible to order the gears youll want to have.

2014 Ford Mustang GT | The 2014 Ford Mustang GT | Ford.com

Comes with weak 3.31s but the better gears are optional. Make sure you get the 3.73s or you basically just buying a mustang for the looks.

This is still the current/old model though. From what I've heard, this new one might be a big leap forward. Or it could be the usual hype. We'll see. But I'm definitely interested.

Every mustang has always had gearing options from the factory and most dealers sell the stock ratio unless you order the car with better gears.

Im pretty sure the 2015 will be badass but it will still have 3 gear options just like it had in the past.

If they had it come with 4:10s then that would be sick, yet you would drink gas like crazy

I live in Colorado and drive to the mountains every weekend in the winter to go skiing, so not much of a competition in my case.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123