2012 Cobb tuned WRX vs Tuned 2011 Ford Taurus SHO

This is a discussion on 2012 Cobb tuned WRX vs Tuned 2011 Ford Taurus SHO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, want to hear some thoughts on a friendly battle a friend and I have at work between his ...

2012 Cobb tuned WRX vs Tuned 2011 Ford Taurus SHO

Hey guys, want to hear some thoughts on a friendly battle a friend and I have at work between his 2011 Ford Taurus SHO which is a custom tune and my Cobb Stage 1 tuned 2012 WRX.

His custom tune is from MyCal Tuning Device for EcoBoost Vehicles - Special - Livernois Motorsports

He's running a stage 4X tune which they estimate at 420hp and somewhere around 450 ft/lb of torque.

We have an agreement to settle this ones and for all once our local drag strips open up in the spring, but for now, we have several very cold months in northeast ohio to do some smack talking.

I'm currently only running a stage 1 cobb tune because I do not yet have a full flow cat, and I wont be getting that until my warranty is up, so no stage 2+ for me yet.

I do have a Cobb SF intake, and the SPT Exhaust.

What I want to know, is what is a realistic 1/4 mile time I can expect to throw down using launch control? My buddy supposedly ran a 13.7 at 120mph trap speed, which I was very impressed by.

Should I expect to run in the low-mid 13s?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    13.7 at 120 doesn't make sense. Unless he goes zero to 60 in 8 seconds and 60 to 120 in like 5.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    13.7 at 120 doesn't make sense. Unless he goes zero to 60 in 8 seconds and 60 to 120 in like 5.

I told him his trap speed was too high for that time, but that's what he said.
    I've got a few months before I can prove that he is full of it haha.

He's just confused. It was 13.7 at 102 and that's about as quick as a stock WRX