2011 wrx hatch vs BMW X1 xdrive35i - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx hatch vs BMW X1 xdrive35i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You don't buy a BMW for the interior. Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk...

You don't buy a BMW for the interior.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridEJ View Post
    You don't buy a BMW for the interior.

Then explain the reason you do buy a BMW?

They aren't particularly attractive.
    The interior is not lightyears ahead of the competition.
    The cost of maintenance is excessive.
    They aren't exactly reliable.

The only reason I can think is because of brand image.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Then explain the reason you do buy a BMW?

They aren't particularly attractive.
    The interior is not lightyears ahead of the competition.
    The cost of maintenance is excessive.
    They aren't exactly reliable.

The only reason I can think is because of brand image.
    Do you own one? Most people who don't regurgitate the same old crap, they're unreliable and expensive to repair! Which is not true, from an actual owner. One that is 15+ years old mind you. But a BMW requires a driver and owner who is attentive to detail or has deep pockets to pay someone else to pay attention to those details for them (and get raped in the process). I can replace the cooling system in my M3 for no more money than the Subaru. Maybe less. The front O2 sensor on my Subaru costs double what they cost for my M3. The M3 has a very different suspension that has many preloaded rubber bushings. These cannot be visually inspected for condition usually. They need to be replaced periodically. It's completely worth it.

I can go out there right now, and have, and drive that M3 right on up to 130+ mph without even trying, with the stability of a rock and the comfort of a solid machine.

The driving experience is unlike any other car when you take the M3. I've owned many cars over the years. The Subaru drives like a Honda on rails. It's a great car. It does really well in snow and dirt surfaces. But it's pretty boring on asphalt, makes driving at the limits emotionless.

The BMW M3 drives like it is a purpose built track for the road, which it is. When weather is bad the M3 is a handful and sketchy. I drive the Subaru. Two different cars for two different purposes but neither was purchased for the interior.

Last edited by hybridEJ; 03-14-2014 at 05:31 AM.

I had both the first (07) and second (13) gen MazdaSpeeed3 and was a great hatch for the price. I would recommend getting one as long as you do what ever you can to work out the torque steer issues. I upgraded the motor mounts which helped a lot. Also Flash the ECU (in the 10-14) there is very limited power from 1st-3rd gear. But pulls in 4th are quite impressive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.