WRX vs. Camaro SS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SGOSWRX I've heard Subaru might put a turbo engine in the BRZ. Any word on that possibility? ...

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    I've heard Subaru might put a turbo engine in the BRZ. Any word on that possibility? The BRZ would be pretty bad axx with the WRX engine in it making around 260-280hp. The BRZ only weighs around 2800 lbs right? That's really light and it wouldn't take much additional HP to make it competitive with some much faster cars.
    How about an LS2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lv9Hl8mEho&sns=sms

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    That's a pretty bad axx car. I'm very familar with the LS2 motor, because I had an 05 and 06 GTO. My 05 was making 415 rwhp with cam+ bolt ons. I really liked my GTOs, but their suspension was really soft (made for comfortable cruising) which caused wheel hop issues leaving the line and a lot of body roll taking turns fast. The stock tires were also too skinny for a 3700 lb car, and to fit wider tires you had to roll the fenders.
    The Camaro can easily fit 315 or 325 series tires in the rear without modification. That's a huge plus. The Camaro also has a much better suspension setup for racing.

And I'm suprised that LS2 could fit in the BRZ. I wonder if he has any track times for the car?

I have to say when I owned an FR-S the engine bay looked super empty. The chassis has a very large and flat engine bay for a car it's size.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    I have to say when I owned an FR-S the engine bay looked super empty. The chassis has a very large and flat engine bay for a car it's size.
    I see a pretty bright future for these cars. They remind me of the Celica from years ago. When the Toyota Celica first came out it was different from anything else on the road. The Turbo Celica Supra is still one of the most sought out cars around.

As soon as they put the turbo engine in the FR-S and BRZ , they're going to be a pretty exciting cars (not that they're not already). The turbo motor will just be icing on the cake.

You were pretty bad axx if you owned one of these back in the early 90s.

You're were pretty bad axx if you own one of those now!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    You're were pretty bad axx if you own one of those now!
    I agree with this. And the pic two posts up is fantastic.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    That's a sharp car..I love that Chevy went back to the 1st gen shape when they brought the Camaro back.
    ……. I would have looked very hard at them this year, when I bought a car.
    Agreed, was so excited when I saw one at the Atlanta car show years ago. Waited to get the first / second year production bugs out and fixed. And then the baby came and just wasn't willing to fight with a 2 door car to get a baby seat in and out. Plus rear wheel isn't the best in the snow. Sure, John Cusack did it, but I wasn't sure I could pull it off. Sidenote, one of my first dream cars I remember.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123