WRX vs. Camaro SS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Isn't the Challenger 4,100 pounds or something.....

Isn't the Challenger 4,100 pounds or something..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

inb4 "YOU SHOULDN'T BE RACING ON THE STREET!"
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the Camaro rear end independent?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    That's a sharp car..I love that Chevy went back to the 1st gen shape when they brought the Camaro back.
    A lot of people buy WRX's thinking that they're getting a drag racer, because of the AWD-derived quarter mile times...but a V8 is a V8.
    If I have a complaint about the current crop of muscle cars that are interesting to me (5.0, SS, Challenger), it's that they are just a little too heavy. If they had made it weigh 3150ish pounds (like a '69 V8 did), and gone for super-sharp handling, I would have looked very hard at them this year, when I bought a car.
    Yeah, pretty heavy.
    But the 1LE Camaro SS handles pretty well. It comes with upgraded suspension, different gearing, 285 series tires front/back, and a lot more.
    The 1LE ran 2.58 sec at VIR raceway, which is faster than a lot of real fast cars.
    Check out the cars the 1LE Camaro SS out ran at Virginia International Raceway lap records - FastestLaps.com

I read a pretty fantastic review of the ZL1. That's what really got my attention when I was looking into the Camaro's. But for that price tag, there are a lot more options it seems like.

Yes, independent rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    I read a pretty fantastic review of the ZL1. That's what really got my attention when I was looking into the Camaro's. But for that price tag, there are a lot more options it seems like.
    And now there's the Z28. The new Camaro Z28 (with less hp) will outrun the ZL1 around a road course. It's purpose built for road course racing. The Z28 comes with the widest front tires of any production car (305 series tires front and back). But I believe the Z28 is price around $80K.

z28 Camaro

Very cool. 80k though, ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    inb4 "YOU SHOULDN'T BE RACING ON THE STREET!"
    It's been a while since I've been here (was a member about 10 years before you). But mods can delete my thread if needed. I was just telling a story about how I had a fun encounter with a suby owner.
    The "race" was from a roll around 15 mph up to 80-90 mph (he probably only hit 60mph maybe). It was on a divided 4 lane road with no other cars anywhere in sight.
    It was just a little playing and completely safe. I routinely punch the gas pedal down and haul butt up to 80/90 mph or so. I do it almost everyday.

But if rules say no street race stories, forgive me. But you didn't have to freak out and use CAPS!.
    I was just coming in here making friends and taking about subies.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Isn't the Challenger 4,100 pounds or something..
    I believe its more than that. I think the SRT Challenger might be up near 4300 lbs. I'll have to check on that. But its real heavy.

I Support ClubWRX
    I read with interest about the 1LE. I'd love to drive one; supposed to be awesome! No argument that Chevy knows how to build a car that's roadcoarse-worthy.
    I just have particular tastes, and happen to like cars that are 3200'ish pounds or less. Different strokes, right?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I read with interest about the 1LE. I'd love to drive one; supposed to be awesome! No argument that Chevy knows how to build a car that's roadcoarse-worthy.
    I just have particular tastes, and happen to like cars that are 3200'ish pounds or less. Different strokes, right?
    I've heard Subaru might put a turbo engine in the BRZ. Any word on that possibility? The BRZ would be pretty bad axx with the WRX engine in it making around 260-280hp. The BRZ only weighs around 2800 lbs right? That's really light and it wouldn't take much additional HP to make it competitive with some much faster cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX View Post
    I've heard Subaru might put a turbo engine in the BRZ. Any word on that possibility? The BRZ would be pretty bad axx with the WRX engine in it making around 260-280hp. The BRZ only weighs around 2800 lbs right? That's really light and it wouldn't take much additional HP to make it competitive with some much faster cars.
    That would be a formidable car!

That would be a formidable car!

It's been a while since I've been here (was a member about 10 years before you). But mods can delete my thread if needed. I was just telling a story about how I had a fun encounter with a suby owner.
    The "race" was from a roll around 15 mph up to 80-90 mph (he probably only hit 60mph maybe). It was on a divided 4 lane road with no other cars anywhere in sight.
    It was just a little playing and completely safe. I routinely punch the gas pedal down and haul butt up to 80/90 mph or so. I do it almost everyday.

But if rules say no street race stories, forgive me. But you didn't have to freak out and use CAPS!.
    I was just coming in here making friends and taking about subies.
    I was just giving you crap lol
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast