2004 wrx vs 2005 tc - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 wrx vs 2005 tc within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by thegamer1587 Plenty of speeding tickets prior to my wrx, none since (knock on wood). Thankfully I couldn't ...

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Plenty of speeding tickets prior to my wrx, none since (knock on wood). Thankfully I couldn't afford my wrx until I "grew Up".
    Wrx are cheap cars thankfully lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    I daily drive my car. That's why I bought it- to safely and reliably get me to work and school everyday. Everyone drives differently. Just because you have a turbo car doesn't mean you have to haul ass around town everyday. I for one drive like a grandma. My car rarely sees boost. I go 5 mph over the speed limit. I got pulled over once in my entire life in my Subaru and that was about 6 years ago. I don't drive crazy on the road because I honestly don't want to be "that guy" and give Subarus a bad name. I also don't want to endanger anyone.

Yes, there are occasions where I will drive spiritedly and accelerate quickly from a light, but again not exceeding 5 over the speed limit.

I've also never street raced in all 10 years I've been driving.

Don't be so quick to lump everyone into a vision or stereotype and call us liars and full of **** if we shy away from the norm
    Yeah having a turbo car doesn't mean **** anymore. All cars now a days have turbos.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Yeah having a turbo car doesn't mean **** anymore. All cars now a days have turbos.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Wrx are cheap cars thankfully lol

Wow. Going to go ahead and say what everybody else is thinking....You are extremely annoying. You literally turn every comment in every thread into an arguement.
    Not going to waste my day arguing with you on an internet car forum. Bye.

Wow. Going to go ahead and say what everybody else is thinking....You are extremely annoying. You literally turn every comment in every thread into an arguement.
    THISSSSSS

Think what you all want, I couldn't careless what some random people on a car forum think of me. And people who are annoyed lack the intellect to debate a subject and instead turn it into name calling and insults. Good day to you sir.

Oh and its a fact that wrx are cheap cars. They're only about 24 25k. Its not like they are 70k mercs.
    Last edited by Justanothername; 11-30-2013 at 08:59 AM.

I wouldn't say cheap cars. They're a drivers car, no frills. But then there are drivers ...and then "drivers".
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Frowned upon everywhere, isnt it? All strips are closed in the area, same with road courses. Cops are predictable though around here... Traffic, theres slow spots everywhere ive been, from Ontario to NYC, Boston to Syracuse...maybe not so much in big cities, but in towns youll always find that pocket.

Look, I understand everyone "gets on it" from time to time. And I would be lying if i said that I didnt. But i have never raced someone illegally on a roadway regardless of traffic. Sure i speed occasionally, but never more than 5-10 mph over the marked speed limit. Of course every once in a while there is an exception. But illegally racing, and speeding a lil bit down the freeway are two ENTIRELY different things. There really is no room for argument here, racing on public roads is just wrong.

What would happen if you two were racing on a back road you knew very well and typically had little to no traffic on it, accept this one night grandma tutsy is in her minivan with her 2 grand daughters in the back and you hit her head on because that road normally has no traffic. How would you explain that to the police?, the family?, would you be able to live with yourself? I know I wouldnt. And I feel like im in an elementary school preaching this stuff right now. We are all adults, act like it.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Oh and its a fact that wrx are cheap cars. They're only about 24 25k. Its not like they are 70k mercs.
    That's an interesting "fact". I don't think tons of people would agree with this when the average American household income is just barely over $50,000 annually, roughly 15% of Americans live in poverty, and equally as many are hungry and uncertain how or where they will next feeds themselves. To most of them, that just "24 or 25k" is likely not something they can imagine. To them, that is, in FACT, wealth beyond measure.

While I'm sure many people here do get on the throttle from time to time, very few condone street racing. Especially when spoken of in the future tense. I mean, at least have the common sense to lie about where you're going to be racing if you're talking about it in an open forum. And seriously, a Tc? Don't waste the fuel, take her flirting for what it is and park one of those cars somewhere. giggity.
    Last edited by Zataks; 11-30-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    That's an interesting "fact". I don't think tons of people would agree with this when the average American household income is just barely over $50,000 annually, roughly 15% of Americans live in poverty, and equally as many are hungry and uncertain how or where they will next feeds themselves. To most of them, that just "24 or 25k" is likely not something they can imagine. To them, that is, in FACT, wealth beyond measure.

While I'm sure many people here do get on the throttle from time to time, very few condone street racing. Especially when spoken of in the future tense. I mean, at least have the common sense to lie about where you're going to be racing if you're talking about it in an open forum. And seriously, a Tc? Don't waste the fuel, take her flirting for what it is and park one of those cars somewhere. giggity.

People don't give the tC enough credit but obviously the tC isn't in the same class as the WRX so comparing which is faster or who will win in a race is a moot point. That's like a Impreza going against a v6 Mustang..obviously the mustang wins.

Also, if you are well off then yes 24k isn't that expensive. I think a 70k Mercedes is expensive but I know people who consider them cheap.

I'm pretty well off and I don't have any bills other then the obvious rent/food/utilities/car payment

It's all in perspective on how much you make. There are people who think a 15k car is alot of money.

It also depends on where you live in the country, 50k a year in New york or California isn't worth much but if you live out in the midwest then 50k a year is worth alot more.
    Last edited by Justanothername; 11-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Thumbs up

I think a newer MY(Model Year) V6 Mustang and a newer MY WRX would be a drivers race. Bad driving or a ****ty launch would easily change the outcome. They are generally close in hp/weight (yeah ok 265 but I doubt that's 100 percent accurate. I will admit I don't know if the Mustangs are underrated) with decent drive train setups.

On to the subject, I owned a 2007 Tc for 6 years. Great car, but nowhere close to any MY WRX in performance. A TC is better for Gas Mileage, cargo space, and of course being non-turbo. Here in Phoenix heat kills turbos unless you care for them properly. But I recommend what was said earlier. Dude she is probably flirting with you. If you're interested don't crush that ****. Talk shop with her!

If everyone adds the troll to their ignore list, nobody will respond to him, and he won't have anybody to talk to. Or we can keep hoping he does something really stupid and gets banned.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    If everyone adds the troll to their ignore list, nobody will respond to him, and he won't have anybody to talk to. Or we can keep hoping he does something really stupid and gets banned.
    Do you ignore anyone who has a different opinion then yours?

Do you ignore anyone who has a different opinion then yours?
    DUDE, it's not about opinions being different. Everyone has a different opinion on different things. It's the way you act. You are constantly bashing people and arguing about comment made that pretty much doesn't support yours. You make totally worthless threads that mean nothing and are beneficial to no one. Just useless, stupid, ranting about nothing. I have never seen someone so hated so quickly on a forum lol.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast