Subaru WRX Forum banner

Keep getting my ass kicked by this Buick

20K views 111 replies 35 participants last post by  Mf645 
#1 ·
My car is fast 300 hp...great tune... But I keep getting my ass kicked bad by this stinking old black buick with turbo. Through the grape vine somebody told me it was running methonal and big boost, any suggestions on what I might need to reel him in??? Damn that car fast!

#88 ·
buick looks good. neighbor has a t type and a grand national. cool cars. fwiw if anything it took $25k or so to get my old srt into the 9s. not including the car. your definitely off to a better start with this platform.

oops back from the dead thread....

#99 ·
I have a 2011 wrx. Fun, quick car. I owned a 1987 Buick GN. It was stock when I bought it and over the years I built it up. Those turbo Buicks are a beast. They make tons of torque! Do not under estimate a GN. They can be stock appearing and run low 10's high 9's. They may be big, but I weighed mine at the track and it isn't that heavy(3250lbs.). My biggest regret is selling my Buick. The acceleration was amazing! Totally streetable with big turbo, cam, front mount intercooler, ported heads,etc. Air conditioning and full power. From a 50 mph roll it would break tires for 100+feet! As you all know, turbos kick ass!

#103 ·
i dont know if its sarcasm with all the supra bashing or you just put the wrx on that high of a platform but a 2jz motor is a very fine motor that can handle so mush more boost and put bigger numbers down the the subie varients and still probably last longer before poping... just my 2 cents i guess it doesnt help all the supra guys i know in houston are pulling big numbers at the track with daily driven and street tires... and the terminator stangs can handle decently and the cobras got some power to back it up aswell, but still all slow cars to me, love my wrx its a fun car but still gets taken by my dd fbody, obviously not in courners, but my c6 im senceing will.

#104 ·
i dont know if its sarcasm with all the supra bashing or you just put the wrx on that high of a platform but a 2jz motor is a very fine motor that can handle so mush more boost and put bigger numbers down the the subie varients and still probably last longer before poping...

#105 ·
LOLz...
I always enjoy it when someone revives a thoroughly dead thread to accuse someone else of being a troll.

#106 ·
Good luck...some of the GN's I raced were in the 9's and some in the 8's. When I raced events (MIR/E-town/Cecil/Maplegrove/Atco...etc..) (Supra/single turbo) I had a decently fast car (11's/mid 120's on drag radials) I knew I never stood a chance against a GN.

First, they made a lot of power and secondly you're going up against some that have built autos which have good consistency.

There's always something faster, race them in the rain, snow, or in turns...or off-road but leave the 1/4 to them.

#108 ·
When I signed up for this site years ago, I had just bought a Subaru Impreza WRX. I was pretty stoked about it, it was and still is a fantastic car. Since buying it, a few members of my family have bought Subarus, as well as some friends. I have made friends in some odd ways just by owning the car. Other enthusiastic owners ask me questions which I have learned to be able to answer, and the people on here and other websites have been helpful if not truly educational to speak with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.