Turbo AWD Ford Fusion
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Turbo AWD Ford Fusion within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I didn't know they made this but I think it's pretty cool ford did it. I'd still take my ...

Turbo AWD Ford Fusion

So I didn't know they made this but I think it's pretty cool ford did it.
    I'd still take my WRX because it's faster cheaper and comes in manual, but still anything turbo/awd is cool in my book

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium EcoBoost AWD 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine photo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is that a misprint? 25MPG highway for the 2.0? That's 9MPG less than a V-6 Accord which is a direct competitor for the Fusion.
    Last edited by kritzell; 10-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Is that a misprint? 25MPG highway for the 2.0? That's 9MPG less than a V-6 Accord which is a direct competitor for the Fusion.
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's a step in a fun direction but there are some major drawbacks to the car in my opinion.
    CONS:
    Automatic only
    3427 lbs.
    City 22/Hwy 31/Comb 25 MPG
    237hp/250tq
    MSRP somewhere around 32k I believe.

Also assembled in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's a step in a fun direction but there are some major drawbacks to the car in my opinion.
    CONS:
    Automatic only
    3427 lbs.
    City 22/Hwy 31/Comb 25 MPG
    237hp/250tq
    MSRP somewhere around 32k I believe.

Also assembled in Mexico
    Plus it's a Ford...

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Plus it's a Ford...
    Which means what, exactly?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Which means what, exactly?
    Fords are unreliable. I'll take any Japanese auto maker over Ford. Even alot of Japanese auto makers have more American parts in them then Ford does which has parts from Mexico/Canada and are assembled there also.

Plus they go for 32k, you can get a wrx for 24ish and it's the better car imo or for the extra 2k get the Sti

Funny, my SO's family are straight up American die hard Ford everything. Everything they own and buy will be a Ford and nothing but. If it's not a Ford, you don't support our country. But then they turn around and admit in the very next sentence, "once it hits 100,000 miles, we get rid of it because we're surprised it got that far, and now it's just gonna fall apart". Buy next Ford.
    Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Funny, my SO's family are straight up American die hard Ford everything. Everything they own and buy will be a Ford and nothing but. If it's not a Ford, you don't support our country. But then they turn around and admit in the very next sentence, "once it hits 100,000 miles, we get rid of it because we're surprised it got that far, and now it's just gonna fall apart". Buy next Ford.
    I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma with around 250k miles with no issues other then replacing normal wear-tear parts. I know people who own "American" cars and they fail after 50-60k miles or even before. Maybe back in the 60s and 70s Fords were good but now not so much.

Just my opinion based on what I've read and heard and dealt with. Your experience may vary.

Strange thought, just because Ford is based here in the states and is an "American company" doesn't mean they sell American cars, how do they call it an American car when the majority of the parts come from other countries and are built in other countries??? At least with Toyota they build the Tacoma in Texas and a few other plants.
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-03-2013 at 04:03 PM.

My Parents have a 1997 Ford Expedition with 230k on it it. Transmission rebuilt at 150k (did a lot of towing) and an O2 sensor was replaced. Other than that it has been very reliable.

I wouldn't say a majority of Ford parts come from other countries. Some parts on some of the cars do, but I think for the most part, they employ Americans. Especially the big iconic pickups and stuff are 100% American made.

Last time I researched it, I came up with some pretty weak stats for the argument. IIRC, at least 80% of all parts are made here in the States, and then some of the compact cars and econo-boxes have some parts from overseas.
    Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    My Parents have a 1997 Ford Expedition with 230k on it it. Transmission rebuilt at 150k (did a lot of towing) and an O2 sensor was replaced. Other than that it has been very reliable.
    Let me rephrase...

Not ALL Fords are un-reliable, just seem to have alot more lemons then diamonds if you know what I mean.

I wouldn't say a majority of Ford parts come from other countries.
    Interesting read http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-leas....html?page=all

according to the U.S. government, in order to be labeled “American” and avoid import taxes, a car must contain at least 75% parts made in the United States. Measuring by this yardstick, the Chrysler 300 – for all its gangsta theatrics – isn’t very American at all; it falls short with only 73% American content and so must be considered a foreign car.

The Accord also contains 80% U.S. parts content, which – in the eyes of the Feds – makes it as American as prom night. More so, in fact, than the Chevrolet Cruze, which is composed of a mere 45% American parts content. Likewise, the Mitsubishi Eclipse (coupes and convertibles with 80% U.S. parts) eclipses – no pun intended – both the Ford Expedition and the Lincoln Navigator SUV twins, which, physically speaking, are only half American. The Chevrolet Aveo, by far the least American car to carry an American badge, is made in Mexico, and just 2 percent of its part content comes from the U.S.

It may have the opposite effect, though, as numerous foreign cars have higher ratings than their American competitors. What's more shocking is that neither General Motors (69%), nor Ford (64%), nor Chrysler (60%) meet the basic 75% “Made in America” criterion

What's funny is people give crap to others who buy Japanese autos and yell "Buy American" but that person just bought a more "American" car then their Ford! LOL
    Last edited by Justanothername; 12-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Not that I don't trust an old Yahoo article or anything, but that's pretty much what I expected, some of their cars, the more budget friendly ones, are definitely outsourced (am surprised by the 50% on the Ford Expedition, though), but I believe the iconic "American" models they make like the pickups and the Mustang are 100% made in the US.
    Not so much anymore.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I don't see a difference....most cars we buy here, import or domestic, were also manufactured here.

What if I buy Denso parts? There's a Denso plant in my hometown.

What if I buy ALCOA Wheels? There's an ALCOA plant in my hometown of Alcoa TN.

Whether I buy from the Jap company or Yank company, it was all produced here.

Yep. But I still find it interesting how loyal Ford people are. It's almost like Ford IS America. The Mustang crowd is out of control. Some people buy nothing but that car over and over for their entire lifetime and never even try anything else. And if you got the V6 Mustang, oh man, you're in for some deep ridicule, BUT, at least you still have one, better drop a V8 in it ASAP!

It's more hardcore than I can be about most things...

With a global economy now, the whole thing doesn't strike such a chord in me as maybe it did back in the day.
    Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Not that I don't trust an old Yahoo article or anything, but that's pretty much what I expected, some of their cars, the more budget friendly ones, are definitely outsourced (am surprised by the 50% on the Ford Expedition, though), but I believe the iconic "American" models they make like the pickups and the Mustang are 100% made in the US.
    Yeah I agree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast