Thinking of moving into the luxury-sport segment - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Thinking of moving into the luxury-sport segment within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Jbeckforever EDIT: Not sure why it keeps double posting... It's be doing that for me too. I ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeckforever View Post
    EDIT: Not sure why it keeps double posting...
    It's be doing that for me too. I usually delete the second post. New owners haven't done anything to address this yet since they took over. Oh well
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I've owned a few cars, but my favorite ones to drive are my beaters. I honestly prefer my OBS to any of the "nice" cars that I've owned. I will always pick a more reliable vehicle with low maintenance cost over something newer with all the bells and whistles. It's great to own something nice, but I much prefer having money to do other things in life.
    I will say, I do feel this way about my Subie sometimes. I love the performance, style etc of the new'13, but I'm so careful with it and worried about what I'll do next that sometimes I think it would be nice to have an older Subie that I can take on the trails or throw my dog in, and not care if it got scratched/dinged or dog hairs in it. But that's a lot easier on a $5k car than a $26k car haha.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I treat mine like a DD. Miss Daisy is always in the car scratching the crap out of it, bags of cat food in the trunk. There's a pet casket sliding around in the back seat for 5 months now.

Well, this is pretty much a 180 from my original post, but, I decided to pick this up this weekend instead of buying a newer sport orientated car .

Figure it will help my need for speed without putting much $ in.

2009 Kawasaki 650R. 3500 miles on her.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk now Free

Here she is slightly cleaned up. New mirrors & fender elimination kit on the way.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk now Free

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting choice. I don't disapprove.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Wow get a fender eliminator kit ASAP please

I like the candy green color on that. Be safe and be sure to wear all your gear!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Shoulda jumped on a ZX-14

Enjoy your ride, drive safely!

You've already made your decision, but in case you wanna go back to 4-wheel vehicles...

I'd go BMW all the way. I had a 2004 Z4 convertible that was a blast to drive, pretty cheap used, and not too expensive to maintain, if you know what you're getting into. Each model has issues at various mileage points, and if you know that beforehand you can avoid buying a poorly maintained car that will need expensive maintenance.

As far as bang for the buck, a 2008 Z4 before it went hardtop is the best deal. Enthusiasts are crazy about the coupe as well, but those are harder to find and more expensive. I used mine as a daily driver for 2 years during the warm months.

If you need a year-round car or more than 2 seats, I love the 335 coupe with x-drive. Anything since 2008 will have the updated design. These can be had for well under 30K, depending on how many miles you're willing to allow for a used car. My experience tells me avoid more than 80K unless you're sure it's well maintained and/or willing to put some money into bringing it up to speed. A well-maintained BMW will run forever.

Lexus and Infiniti have great reputations for reliability but IMO are not nearly as cool or fun to drive. For some reason I just don't like the MB or Audi models. They seem overpriced to me in terms of performance compared to BMW.

Having said all that, I traded my Z4 for a 2012 WRX and so far am not looking back. The WRX is faster, handles almost as well, has heated seats, and can drive in the snow. For the price it's a real bargain. If I win the lottery, I will keep my WRX and get another convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
    Novtrc...what year rs4? I'm surprised how high they still are. What's your favorite aspect of it?? Talk to me boy!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    damn i sorry man.... been busy as hell the last few months....

i got a 2008 picked it up with 19k miles for 51k dollars. I LOVE IT... the best car i've owned so far. Find me another AWD, 6 SPEED, V8 that revs to 8200 rpms and moves like its on rails.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Well, update, going another route..keeping the Subaru, selling the bike, picking up A 02 z06 vette in the next 2 weeks lol..damn my indecision!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

Jealous of the Z06...C5 Vettes are a STEAL for performance these days. Post up pics when you get it!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Jealous of the Z06...C5 Vettes are a STEAL for performance these days. Post up pics when you get it!!!
    Yes please post some pictures!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Picking her up in about a month in Indianapolis!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post

Picking her up in about a month in Indianapolis!

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast