2005 wrx vs ???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2005 wrx vs ??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got 05 wrx, originally i would've been happy with the rs but lets be honest, that turbo was ...

2005 wrx vs ???

i just got 05 wrx, originally i would've been happy with the rs but lets be honest, that turbo was calling me lol....anyways just wanted to see what you guys think about a couple of possible races(drag)... considering these are some of my frenz cars and i wanted to see what i could win and which i would lose hahaha
    jus curiosity, since every time we hang out we would always wonder if we should run em or not waste gas ....

my wrx came with a K&n typhoon short ram intake and for some reason some of my frenz who tested my car think that its an upgraded clutch...from previous owner....

1. 08 gti... dropped...short ram intake...cat-back exhuast...stage 2 chipped ....paddle shifters
    2. 2010 gti or higher same as above ^ and manual
    3. tsx not sure of the yr but bone stock but the intake filter head replaced
    4. mazda speed 3 stock

win/lose i love my subie anyway ...or it'll just push me to even the playing fields with some mods ; ) haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first off what is a "frenz" ??? second what makes your "frenz" think it has an upgraded clutch?
    to answer your question(at least i think, your sentence structure and grammar leave a lot to be desired)

1. 08 GTI, stock for stock itd be close. he is stage 2 so idk. youll leave him off the line if you can drive but he might be able to chase you down by the end of the quarter. really depends on the drivers here. its a DSG so that takes most of the driver aspect out of it. hell i think chipped the DSG cars even have launch control. good luck. from a roll your done

2. it will be close. basically a drivers race.

3. tsx has a 2.4L 200hp accord engine. but its heavy. it is a 15 second car on a good day. so you should win

4. you will lose

hope this helps
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 07-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    The TSX is probably not the quickest car listed, but it is the best car listed. I'd own one.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks, i guess if ever we do go at it, i'll post the results lol and if i do lose what are some pretty minimal upgrades that would help to secure a win?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by i143mysubie View Post
    thanks, i guess if ever we do go at it, i'll post the results lol and if i do lose what are some pretty minimal upgrades that would help to secure a win?
    Follow the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Are you saying that both the GTI's are stage 2? If so, you will lose to both.

Also, just an FYI since you are new:

No Illegal Activities
    No discussion about any illegal or unlawful activities will be tolerated. Your post will be deleted without warning. This includes anything from stealing candies from a convenience store to hacking into the government website. Remember, anything you post over the Internet is available for public viewing and may be used against you.
    This includes street racing. I'm not assuming that you wouldn't take it to a track, but we've had lots of new members come in who didn't read the site faq and subsequently posted about street racing.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.