My WRX vs 2012 Mustang Gt - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My WRX vs 2012 Mustang Gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran my 2011 WRX a week ago at the Friday Night Drags in Pueblo, CO. I am not putting ...

I ran my 2011 WRX a week ago at the Friday Night Drags in Pueblo, CO. I am not putting down as much power as you are, and I was only 4-5 tenths behind a 2012 5.0. Keep in mind the barometer read about 7200 feet most of the night, and the thin air hurts n/a vehicles more. I also babied my (stock) clutch. My 60' was 1.7-1.8 while his was 2.0-2.1. I ran mid 13's while he ran low 13's. My trap speeds were 103-104, his were 108-110

PW TMIC
    ID 1000's
    DW65c
    Cobb DP
    Grimmspeed EBCS
    E85 ProTune on AP

301 AWHP
    335 FT/LBS
    Last edited by Miggs; 08-02-2013 at 12:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    I ran my 2011 WRX a week ago at the Friday Night Drags in Pueblo, CO. I am not putting down as much power as you are, and I was only 4-5 tenths behind a 2012 5.0. Keep in mind the barometer read about 7200 feet most of the night, and the thin air hurts n/a vehicles more. I also babied my (stock) clutch. My 60' was 1.7-1.8 while his was 2.0-2.1. I ran mid 13's while he ran low 13's. My trap speeds were 103-104, his were 108-110

PW TMIC
    ID 1000's
    DW65c
    Cobb DP
    Grimmspeed EBCS
    E85 ProTune on AP

301 AWHP
    335 FT/LBS
    thats not bad at all. here in Vegas at ~2000 ft elevation my buddies bone stock 5.0 smoked my stage2 wrx. he killed me, those cars make some power lol. i took him off the line(not by much though those cars launch hard even on stock tires) but by about 65 mph and the shift to 3rd he was pulling on me. pretty much blew past me after that. he ended up running a 13.2 and i ran a 13.6.

made me sadface cause im stage 2 and he is stock. now he is tuned with only an intake and an x-pipe and he ran 12.9 on factory pirellis. seen him down to 12.6 with slicks. i want one lol.
    my bolt on 05 GT runs mid/high/mostly high/like really high 13's for reference at the same track and weather conditions
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Update...ran 13.201 @ 100mph last Friday. I didn't shift out of 3rd. My BPV also died...only holds 8psi currently lol. Turbosmart BPV on the way. 1.77 60'

My buddy has the new 5.0 stang and he ran 12.3 stock consistently. We been going to the track almost every week for years and years. Not your average driver.

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys bought the wrong cars for this. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    You guys bought the wrong cars for this. Just saying.
    +1

I went to drag night for social fun...but building for auto x. But in all fairness our subies can be built into some pretty fast drag cars. albeit expensive fast drag cars

Quote Originally Posted by jonkim View Post
    My buddy has the new 5.0 stang and he ran 12.3 stock consistently. We been going to the track almost every week for years and years. Not your average driver.
    make sure to include altitude

The new 5.0 just might surprise you with a good driver behind the wheel. A friend of mine just traded his 2011 wrx in for one with the track pack. We ran twice at the track, I got him once and he beat me once but was tracking me down on top end quick!

Wrx vs 5.0 Mustang - YouTube

Mustang is all stock, even the tires.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    The new 5.0 just might surprise you with a good driver behind the wheel. A friend of mine just traded his 2011 wrx in for one with the track pack. We ran twice at the track, I got him once and he beat me once but was tracking me down on top end quick!

I hate to break it to you but that is what the mustang is made for.

Ok...Now put a foot of snow on the ground and two sharp corners in the mix. Let's see what happens then. That's what makes a subaru a subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post

Yeah there is a gang of new 5.0s at the local track lol. they vary in modifications, but are all pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I hate to break it to you but that is what the mustang is made for.

Ok...Now put a foot of snow on the ground and two sharp corners in the mix. Let's see what happens then. That's what makes a subaru a subaru.
    Your not breaking any news to me buddy. I know where each car shines.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Yeah there is a gang of new 5.0s at the local track lol. they vary in modifications, but are all pretty fast
    Ya, we have a few at my local strip too. 2 of them are supercharged running mid 10's @ 134-136mph.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by inseong View Post
    just an exhaust? you should take him since we have much lighter cars. i love the new mustang and owned one but they heavyyy. drivers race since exhaust does help the v8's, even the v6's exhaust work helps more than our cars. but with a good start you should stay ahead in the 1/4.
    Axle or cat-back exhaust adds no power to the new Coyote V8 powered mustangs, just sound. I currently drive a 2011 Steeda tuned 5.0 and am trying to sell it to buy an STi. The Mustangs are fast and powerful and also handle much better than previous generations (this is my 4th stang), but they are heavy and large. My Mustang takes up as much or more room in the garage as my wife's new Kia Sorrento SUV. Mustang is a great car in it's current form, but I've longed for an STi for years and really need 4 doors (plus AWD would be nice).

Never more evident then today (snowy New England) that you make your car choices based on life style, and environment. Saw a poor Mustang driver sideways trying to get up a hill today, I'm guessing he may have had all weathers at best. My thoughts are you really can't compare these cars apple to apple.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.