What should I buy... 2007 mustang GT or 2008 wrx? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on What should I buy... 2007 mustang GT or 2008 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; dang the tranny is already going out? I'm a newb at manuals.. can you replace just a single gears synchro, ...

dang the tranny is already going out? I'm a newb at manuals.. can you replace just a single gears synchro, or does it need a whole rebuild at that point? what sorta dough do these transmissions run?
    Current ride: 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited, Ironrockoffroad 6.5 premium long arm lift, 3.73 gears with varilock, 33 procomp mt's and rockcrawler wheels.
    CURRENTLY SHOPPING FOR: 08 or 09 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah im not sure. I've only owned automatics before. Im the second owner. By no means was I perfect at driving stick but I wasnt bad, I wasnt dropping the clutch or missing gears. Im not sure what the cause is. It just sucks because i dont have a warranty to cover it. And you can just replace the one synchro from my knowledge but I'm going to just get them all done. 2 shops quoted me 1100-1200 plus parts and 4 days work to do it. I haven't done too much searching for shops. I'm waiting til next year and just use taxes on it.

I'm surprised not many people are pointing you to +1 year and get the 09'. VF52, better suspension and more options. If your plan is to get an 08' and add everything needed to match the specs of an 09' get the mustang while it's a slug stock that money will go further on the mustang than the 08' wrx.

Any time i see someone saying they are going to buy a car and do major mods to it right off the bat tells me they are buying the wrong car.

As for the 08' with VF52, DP and tune being faster than an 09'... no crap. Give the 09' the tune and DP and they are going to be near the same. Save your self the hassle and get an 09', or the GT.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

WRX1234 is right, the 09 wrx is worlds apart from the 08 in terms of performance. Same body style but since it also sounds to me like you want performance out of your car. your better off spending the extra money. there is a reason that the 09s are that much more for 1 year newer. Get the 09 DP and a tune you'll be set
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I drove both an 06 GT and 09 WRX, ended up buying a brand new (2010) WRX. I found the small savings between buying used wasn't worth it at the time. These cars have amazing re-sale which is something you should factor in as well. If you go through cars fast (like me) you might want to do some research on re-sale of a Mustang vs. WRX, suprisingly I've kept my car for over 3 years and haven't thought about getting anything else (just add more parts when you start getting bored).

Also, I have more fun in the winter with my car than any other time, with previous cars (like my old 5.0 and sport bike) I would dread snowfall, now I actually look forward to that first snowstorm of the year.
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Thread pruned. Let's stay on topic, and avoid unnecessary jabs at each other, folks.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I'm surprised not many people are pointing you to +1 year and get the 09'. VF52, better suspension and more options. If your plan is to get an 08' and add everything needed to match the specs of an 09' get the mustang while it's a slug stock that money will go further on the mustang than the 08' wrx.

Any time i see someone saying they are going to buy a car and do major mods to it right off the bat tells me they are buying the wrong car.

As for the 08' with VF52, DP and tune being faster than an 09'... no crap. Give the 09' the tune and DP and they are going to be near the same. Save your self the hassle and get an 09', or the GT.
    The main reason I am considering an 08 (if I find an 09 for the right price when I have the cash I will jump on it!) is because it will still be the fastest car I have ever owned, and when I get bored it leaves me lots of room for mods. Of course I'd like an 09 but for the same price I could have an 08 that is pretty much equal to the 09. Like I said it all comes down to what is available. I drove another mustang gt today (3 of my friends have mustangs) gotta say they are fun, but you can't see a damn thing out of them! I was driving some really twisty canyon roads, and I was puckering a bit trying to see through those thin windows and over that big hoodscoop! I really gotta go drive another wrx, I love how they are layed out inside and the visibility is way better than in the mustang.
    Current ride: 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited, Ironrockoffroad 6.5 premium long arm lift, 3.73 gears with varilock, 33 procomp mt's and rockcrawler wheels.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I think the WRX will be a lot more fun for you. I like the fact that I can go through snow and rain and mud and carry full camping equipment and 3 friends.
    Practicality/fun/versatility > straight line speed/numbers on a sheet/every other car on the road

Just consider your lifestyle and buy what fits it.

Well guys... I bought a GT. 06 with 31k miles, for 14k. Just couldn't pass up on the price and milage! and she already has wheels and drag radials, plus the stock tires with all seasons (for winter) to go with her. You guys have been very helpful and I still have mad love for Subarus! Maybe I'll find some of you at red lights

Quote Originally Posted by GODMODE View Post
    Well guys... I bought a GT. 06 with 31k miles, for 14k. Just couldn't pass up on the price and milage! and she already has wheels and drag radials, plus the stock tires with all seasons (for winter) to go with her. You guys have been very helpful and I still have mad love for Subarus! Maybe I'll find some of you at red lights

Well, enjoy the car because in the end, that is all that is important!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GODMODE View Post
    meh.

I can understand though. If an '04 or '05 WRX had been on the table, you'd surely have fallen in love...
    but, instead of waiting for the right one, you went and picked up somethin' fast and cheap.

kidding! (sort of.)

you may catch a WRX at the red light, or on the straightaway... but keep an eye out for the subie wave at the next curve
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    awesome. congrats

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123