From a 2012 WRX to?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on From a 2012 WRX to?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; infiniti g37 IPL?...

infiniti g37 IPL?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bahhhhahaha...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by browntown View Post
    infiniti g37 IPL?

I think I would rather have my WRX. While I haven't driven a G37, I was unimpressed when I test drove a G35. No offense, I just found it to be a boring car. Plus for that kind of scratch, I'd rather just get a new Stingray or a used Z06 with low miles.

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    I think I would rather have my WRX. While I haven't driven a G37, I was unimpressed when I test drove a G35. No offense, I just found it to be a boring car. Plus for that kind of scratch, I'd rather just get a new Stingray or a used Z06 with low miles.
    No offense taken, I suppose it does depend on what you're looking for. I made the switch from an Evo X to an IPL because I was looking for a more refined ride that was still a driver's car. Surprisingly, I've found the g37 to be much more entertaining in all categories than the evo except for snow driving. Although, like you said, it does not compare with a used Z06 or that new stingray. It's a good 10k cheaper than either one and has a backseat which is what sold me.

This might sound crazy but why just keep the car? To take the depreciation hit for the sake of having two less doors is crazy.. atleast to me it is

Well, it looks like I will be in the WRX for a while. I negotiated an hourly rate with my consulting company, only to receive the contract that had a lower hourly rate than what we negotiated. Then, to make things worse, they totally omitted my travel, accommodations, and meals from it even though that was promised. Next, they agreed to my initial rate, if I ate the travel, accommodations, and meals through my consulting company. Umm, NO!

In other words, it looks like I am sticking with my day job and making extra money on nights and weekends when I can versus going back to being a full out consultant for the time being. Oh well, all is not lost though because I expect to have an option to buy into the CPA practice that I am currently working for soon since the owner is looking to retire.

I've had a 370z, very fun car, but lacks much improvement in the power department unless you go 6-10 grand for a TT kit. Not worth the money IMO.

The new 328i's have a RWD or AWD system and with the M package are about 43k. They are only at 240 hp, but that power is supposedly quite under rated. Also the fact that they have easy mods to boost it to well over 300 hp and have quite awesome handling. You also have the 135i M sport that has the ground effects and such. The 328i will also still get you 34 mpg on the highway which is nice.

The Audi S4 is also a very nice car with a tune makes 391 hp (at the crank). It's also around 45k.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

M3 hands down. best car you can get for 60k IMO
    2013 wrx sedan-SOLD(awaiting 2015/16 Mustang)

2005 Mustang GT
    Racecar! Borla Stingers, Pypes x-pipe, Airaid Intake, FR Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri-Ax
    Previous faist cars: '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Now I am working a higher paying job, and I am back on the new car kick. I want something with a DSG because I spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic. Besides, my 40 year old left knee is getting tired of working a clutch, lol.

My target date to get rid of the WRX is around May 2014, but that is subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    Now I am working a higher paying job, and I am back on the new car kick. I want something with a DSG because I spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic. Besides, my 40 year old left knee is getting tired of working a clutch, lol.

My target date to get rid of the WRX is around May 2014, but that is subject to change.
    So you just came upon more money and first things first eh? New car is back on! Nothing says smart investment more than a brand new vehicle

You won't be able to talk me out of a Subaru

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

GT-Rs look sexy.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by wrx frog View Post
    So you just came upon more money and first things first eh? New car is back on! Nothing says smart investment more than a brand new vehicle
    I think of a vehicle as a sunk cost whereas I usually approach investments with the intention to make money at some point down the road.

Looking at a vehicle from an investment standpoint... Will my 2012 WRX be worth more money next year than it is today? I highly doubt it! In fact, will any car $60,000 or less sell for more money than I paid for it at a future date? For some reason, I have my doubts.

M3.....
    2013 wrx sedan-SOLD(awaiting 2015/16 Mustang)

2005 Mustang GT
    Racecar! Borla Stingers, Pypes x-pipe, Airaid Intake, FR Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri-Ax
    Previous faist cars: '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I'd have to purchase an outgoing model because I'm just not brave enough to purchase the M4 in its introductory year. You can thank Ford for that with my 2006 Mustang GT that had all the flaws that the 2005 had...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast