WRX vs FRS/BRZ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs FRS/BRZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just curious, how would an 06 WRX go up against an FRS/BRZ? lets say both cars are stock. which one ...

WRX vs FRS/BRZ

Just curious, how would an 06 WRX go up against an FRS/BRZ?
    lets say both cars are stock. which one would win in a straight-away or highway drive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is there a possibility the car with the larger motor, more torque, and more horsepower would lose in a straight line?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Wrx hands down, as stated, larger motor, more torque, and more horse power. Frs/brz isn't a fast car, it handles well and is a great drivers car.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Is there a possibility the car with the larger motor, more torque, and more horsepower would lose in a straight line?
    If me(10 stone) and 3 of my fat(20 stone) friends filled up the car

From C&D. 0-130MPH
    BRZ 37.0
    WRX 41.0(2008)

The 224 Horse versions of the WRX are quite lame above 100..

The 2006"TR" did the same in 32.4. Go figure. Is the aero that much better or what...

The BRZ wasn't designed to be a 'fast' car. It was designed to be a fun car.

However, the addition of an after market turbo charger can change that.

i see. i was just curious was all.
    theyre great looking cars!

now to my understanding the frs and brz are identical except for a couple small changes, front end, and interior. are there any differences otherwise?

I Support ClubWRX
    Price. IIRC the BRZ is $2k more.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

^^ at least! More like 3-5k, depending on where and what model.

I Support ClubWRX
    The BRZ limited is indeed a fair amount more, but has a much better interior, IMO.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Give the FRS/BRZ some more credit. Their power to weight ratio (at least in terms of HP) are about the same as a td04 equiped stock WRX (around 14 pounds per HP). I would say that they will be closely matched in a straight line race.
    2008 WRX HATCH W/ TORQUED PERFORMANCE STAGE 3.52

Quote Originally Posted by wrightway View Post
    Give the FRS/BRZ some more credit. Their power to weight ratio (at least in terms of HP) are about the same as a td04 equiped stock WRX (around 14 pounds per HP). I would say that they will be closely matched in a straight line race.
    Agreed. I think 02-05 the given 0-60 time for a stock WRX is about 6.2 seconds, I think the BRZ is like 6.4 or so... it's not a powerful car, but it's not a heavy one either

I drove the BRZ before I ended up buying a 13 WRX (not the same as your 06, but go with me for the sake of comparison). I made the call based purely on rear legroom (I've got small kids, but even they would not have fit in the back of a BRZ - you'd honestly be better off with a parcel shelf back there).

The Rex is definitely faster in a straight line - no question. BUT... that BRZ is more fun to drive than just about anything I've tried. It's nimble as a housefly, the steering is glorious, the driving position is great and you can rev the nuts off it. If I were at another "life stage", you'd have had trouble getting me out of that car. I'd eat my meals in it.

Quote Originally Posted by suberiffic View Post
    i see. i was just curious was all.
    theyre great looking cars!

now to my understanding the frs and brz are identical except for a couple small changes, front end, and interior. are there any differences otherwise?
    You pretty much nailed it there, only cosmetic changes. The BRZ does have a slightly nicer interior, and navigation is standard. Also, you don't have to say that you drive a Scion.

On a side note, the Toyobaru twins make some pretty impressive power when turbocharged. The Crawford BRZ is making close to 500 whp on E85 with a "small" turbo, as they kindly put it.
    -Alex- 2012 WRX 5dr / World Rally Blue / Stage 3+Stig
    I sell Subarus in the Denver area!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast