'13 WRX vs. 4dr Wrangler

This is a discussion on '13 WRX vs. 4dr Wrangler within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah.... so i'm not 100% on where to post this, so i'll post it here i guess. I'm new to ...

'13 WRX vs. 4dr Wrangler

yeah.... so i'm not 100% on where to post this, so i'll post it here i guess.

I'm new to this forum obviously, but i currently own an '07 4dr jeep wrangler. starting to get unreliable and i'm looking for a new car. the WRX hatchback has caught my eye and is on a very short list of cars i'm willing to buy. i live in upstate ny so my winters are cold and normal snowfall is around 100 inches a season. but the summers are warm and sort of long reaching upper 90's for a week or 2 during the hottest months. i'm not sure if i want an all wheel drive car for function during the winter months and fun to drive every other month or buy a hybrid and keep the lifted jeep for the winter. Have an of you made a jump similar to this so you can help push me over the edge and/or keep me from jumping off myself?!

Please help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Test drive a wrx.

Well I made the jump I live in northren maine and had a 2008 toyota tundra crew max and was traveling a lot with it and gas was killing me . My wife and I had the tundra and a 05 ford f150 so we traded the 05 in on a 2012 legacy 3.6r in feb of last year and then in november we traded the tundra in on 2013 wrx for me to drive. I don't miss the truck at all. It was a good move on our part. Put a set of decent winter tires and no problem and its a lot of fun to drive and much better on gas.

I Support ClubWRX
    i would definitely say to drive it and get your own opinion of the car. The wrx is however great in all seasons and handles well in the snow with of course winter tires
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Where upstate?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Where upstate?
    Rochester area

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    I love my WRX but there is NOTHING like a Jeep Wrangler in the snow and ice. Hey RAAAchester! (Born there)

Thinking of doing a similiar switch for similiar reasons. My Jeep has been the biggest pile of **** I've ever owned. Similiar to my last Jeep, and 3 of my friends Jeeps. Every one of us had our heater cores go out this winter, as did our AC, my friend spun a bearing in the "super reliable 4.0" with only 90k miles on it that he never abused, sheared off engine mounts, fan resistors, blend doors, broken axles, wheel bearings, terrible gas milage, burns a quart through the valve seals ever 1200 miles, and loud and annoying to drive. Didn't learn my lesson til now but I'm never buying a jeep again unless it's an old CJ to turn into a weekend wheeler. My uncle with a 2012 rubi went through an engine in the first 12k miles on it due to a bad head... Yeah I'm over the whole "Jeep thing" right about now!
    Current ride: 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited, Ironrockoffroad 6.5 premium long arm lift, 3.73 gears with varilock, 33 procomp mt's and rockcrawler wheels.
    CURRENTLY SHOPPING FOR: 08 or 09 WRX