drove a '13 Focus ST today - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on drove a '13 Focus ST today within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox I do like the Fiesta ST, I just couldn't see myself owning one. I priced out ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I do like the Fiesta ST, I just couldn't see myself owning one.

I priced out a Fiesta ST at $24,485 and a Focus ST at $29,740

If you take the ST3 package off the Focus you can get it for $25,305. You loose HIDs and Recaros though.
    Some dealerships around me are already giving huge rebates on the ST. I don't remember which package, but I was offered one at $23k; with a $4k offer for my Tiburon I coulda walked out with a $19k brand new ST. And I still went with the WRX because I just enjoyed driving it more, and has a LOT more space inside. That Focus is surprisingly cramped, and when I go out with the gf and my German Shepherd on hiking outings, I need my space. The AWD living in Washington State was a nice bonus.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Some dealerships around me are already giving huge rebates on the ST. I don't remember which package, but I was offered one at $23k; with a $4k offer for my Tiburon I coulda walked out with a $19k brand new ST. And I still went with the WRX because I just enjoyed driving it more, and has a LOT more space inside. That Focus is surprisingly cramped, and when I go out with the gf and my German Shepherd on hiking outings, I need my space. The AWD living in Washington State was a nice bonus.
    It's not like Mukilteo is known for it's inclimate weather. I can understand that it's a plus for taking trips up to the mountains, but AWD honestly isn't really needed there. It's like living in FL and justifying AWD because I might take a vacation to the mountains during winter time in the distant future. I woulda taken the ST in your case.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Your opinion. I think the interior is fantastic.
    Well obviously a bunch of people think it looks great otherwise they wouldn't have built it

On top of the space issue with the ST being all cramped. It's just hard to compare the looks. I want the wrx outside and the ST inside. But looks was also a major deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by poi88 View Post
    Well obviously a bunch of people think it looks great otherwise they wouldn't have built it
    That's what I've been saying for years about the Pontiac Aztek.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That's what I've been saying for years about the Pontiac Aztek.
    Breaking Bad made that car cool.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

That's what I've been saying for years about the Pontiac Aztek.[/QUOTE]

Mmhmm

That "Dave B" sure is outnumbered over there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Jalopnik: The Ten New Cars Our Reade.../s/CBIwoMj2xQI

Some one post this on their forum :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I live in MI I used to drive a Mazda 3 S Touring 5MT. The car drove so nice and the shifter had a great feel, but the torque steer was something that couldn't be avoided. The interiors had a premium feel too. But it understeered and slid in snow.Then I got an itch to drive an American RWD V8 ( which is what I drive now till my rex arrives) and that made me lease the R/T. Despite its heft, I felt that the front wheels relieved of the power and handling was better. I was OK with the tail stepping out in the snow than understeer.

I don't plan to go back to FWD. But if I had to get another FWD car, it will sure be a Mazda 3 though.It handles pretty close as the Focus and doesn't scream anything.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

Now, an ST with haldex AWD with a 70/30 to 50/50 max f/r split would be another story.
    Last edited by velociraptor; 09-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

It felt really weak though I did drive it on a pretty hot day.

A bit too "boy-racer".

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    It's not like Mukilteo is known for it's inclimate weather. I can understand that it's a plus for taking trips up to the mountains, but AWD honestly isn't really needed there. It's like living in FL and justifying AWD because I might take a vacation to the mountains during winter time in the distant future. I woulda taken the ST in your case.
    Just because I live in Mukilteo doesn't mean I spend all my time there. I've already been to Mt. Rainier 3 times, and go up north to Bellingham and even Vancouver, BC. And it isn't just about mountains, it rains here 7 months out of the year....wet roads still are a hazard. I don't see how living in the Washington, where there actually are mountain, tons of rain and occasionally snow, is the same as living in Florida and taking the rare trip to a mountain.....And even in Florida, I still would have gotten the WRX because I enjoyed driving it more, and the ST is way too cramped for a hatch. If I didn't care about space, I would get a proper coupe, not a Focus.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar

What do you think of this chrome Fiesta ST?

More info here:
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST Wrapped In Chrome - Guys Gab

Me likey, how would you clean such a thing?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast