drove a '13 Focus ST today - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on drove a '13 Focus ST today within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; All old off topic posts removed....

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    All old off topic posts removed.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good points, but I've had no problems with my boxer engine, Hell my co worker owns an older legacy with 259k miles on it, no problems. I also love the rumble of the boxer As for AWD, I live in PA and I love driving in the snow I owned a 1997 Jetta GT 5 speed and it SUCKED in the snow, hell it sucked in the rain. I also drove a new 2010 Malibu and the same (except was better because traction control). I suppose it's preference really, I really wish there were American car companies that built something closer to the STi's. So far the Ford ST is the closest, just missing AWD

Either way, I guess it's preference.

Holy shi* I felt the exact same way when I drove it last week. Car is awesome and a lot more impressive than I had ever thought it was going to be. I am 6'2 190 lbs and the seats felt incredible without a doubt. I did go hard on the car and felt the wheel hop immediately (Guy let my dad and I take the car alone for like 45 minutes, how could I not try it?) but for stock the power is definitely there and great. Not a huge fan of Ford in general but it did NOT feel like a ford car. We drove our Golf R there and we both (my father and I) agreed how great it felt. If anyone here wants a fun little test drive I would recommend this car for sure. Although I do love the WRX a lot more

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i own a TB ST2 ST

after 17yrs of scoobies all modded n a mitsu ralliart , i'ma impressed bought it without even test driving as the reviews were that good

20k miles already no worries and averaging around 29mpg !! ...
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-20-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    also to note is there is a Ford TSB with regards upgrading the rear motor mount bushings to stop the "bang" and the wheel hop....

RMM 1-2 Bang to be addressed by FoMoCo

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-per...ervations.html

personally i only had it happen once or twice , adjusted driving style no issue since, still not done the TSB replacement either !
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-20-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

love the focus hatch, just wish AWD. Same with the Veloster, but that looks like it has more blind spots than Stevie Wonder. Just drove a 2014 camaro ss and that thing ya couldnt see out of it at all. My rental car is a Ford focus sedan, idk if the interior is similar but i loveeeeeee the steering wheel. the way your hand fits at teh 10 and 2 position, love it. makes me think of getting something aftermarket for the wrx.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    Same with the Veloster, but that looks like it has more blind spots than Stevie Wonder.
    rotflmao !!
    "All We'll Drive"

Traded in my '11 WRX sedan for a '13 Focus ST. It was a spur of the moment decision. Every time I see a widebody sedan, I miss my old car, but I've wanted an ST for nearly a decade, so not getting one would've been sacrilege. I enjoy my car and I'm looking to pick up an older WRX for a work car.
    2013 IS Focus ST
    BorgWarner EFR 6758 | Cobb AP | Corsair Intake Runner Plate | CP-E Austenite 3" Exhaust | CP-E Stage II RMM | Eibach FSB | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Eibach RSB | FSWerks CAI | JBR Stage II OCC | JBR Shifter Bushings | Mountune FMIC | OCDSpeed Catted 3" DP | Turbosmart Dual Port BOV | TTR PSMM

Quote Originally Posted by Chamber View Post
    Traded in my '11 WRX sedan for a '13 Focus ST. It was a spur of the moment decision. Every time I see a widebody sedan, I miss my old car, but I've wanted an ST for nearly a decade, so not getting one would've been sacrilege. I enjoy my car and I'm looking to pick up an older WRX for a work car.
    Looks like you have a fair amount of mods done to it as well! How you liking it? Any pics?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Chamber,
    lets see pics too , also are you on STnation ?
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Looks like you have a fair amount of mods done to it as well! How you liking it? Any pics?
    Still waiting on the turbo. Guy fabbed up the adapter this past weekend. Waiting on laser cutter to make the flanges and figuring out a solution for the intake. Should have it by the end of the month. Have a guy from Canada that's going to tune the car. Looking for about 360whp/330wtq with a possible e85 blend. The HPFP starts topping out around 350 - 370whp and our clutch isn't the strongest. Guys were slipping with full bolt-ons at the track, so that'll have to get swapped too.

I'm loving it so far. It's not an RS, and if that is released, I'll probably be trading up for it, but I feel more comfortable in the ST then I ever did in the WRX, so I push it harder. To me, the ST felt like it pulled harder, turned sharper, and handled better, stock for stock, then my WRX did. I do miss the AWD, the boxer sound, and the looks of the WRX. I think the interior is better in the ST (**** Sync). I just wish I had waited a year and then I could've afforded to keep the WRX and buy the ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Chamber,
    lets see pics too , also are you on STnation ?
    I'm on FocusST.org, but my primary build thread is over at MazdaspeedForums.org.

I only have some phone quality pictures at the moment, and they're a few months old:

The only cosmetic change is I now have RallyArmorUR mudflaps installed.
    Last edited by Chamber; 09-19-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    2013 IS Focus ST
    BorgWarner EFR 6758 | Cobb AP | Corsair Intake Runner Plate | CP-E Austenite 3" Exhaust | CP-E Stage II RMM | Eibach FSB | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Eibach RSB | FSWerks CAI | JBR Stage II OCC | JBR Shifter Bushings | Mountune FMIC | OCDSpeed Catted 3" DP | Turbosmart Dual Port BOV | TTR PSMM

I Support ClubWRX
    StiThe only cosmetic change is I now have RallyArmorUR mudflaps installed.
    You also have tinted tail lights.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    You also have tinted tail lights.
    But you can see the tail lights in the pictures.... you can't see the mudflaps because they weren't installed at the time the photos were taken....
    2013 IS Focus ST

I Support ClubWRX
    But you can see the tail lights in the pictures.... you can't see the mudflaps because they weren't installed at the time the photos were taken....
    Oh ok, I misunderstood what you were saying earlier.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I'm loving it so far. It's not an RS, and if that is released, I'll probably be trading up for it, but I feel more comfortable in the ST then I ever did in the WRX, so I push it harder. To me, the ST felt like it pulled harder, turned sharper, and handled better, stock for stock, then my WRX did. I do miss the AWD, the boxer sound, and the looks of the WRX. I think the interior is better in the ST (**** Sync). I just wish I had waited a year and then I could've afforded to keep the WRX and buy the ST.
    I strongly considered the ST before my Rex, and it's funny how subjective cars are, because I felt the WRX pulled harder stock for stock. The ST is a bit more responsive in the twisties though, I will say that. Very buttoned-down. The ST's interior was busy for my taste (I like a simpler interior) but it's definitely an impressive car. If only Ford would bring the RS stateside....
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.