Vs Evo 10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vs Evo 10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can my 2013 stage 2 ex beat a stock evo X??...

Vs Evo 10

Can my 2013 stage 2 ex beat a stock evo X??
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

On?

I Support ClubWRX
    Doesn't that Lancer have the active center diff and yaw control?

I'll agree with Mikie13: depends. If forced to guess though, my guess would, given equal drivers, be "no."
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Doesn't that Lancer have the active center diff and yaw control?

I'll agree with Mikie13: depends. If forced to guess though, my guess would, given equal drivers, be "no."
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I recently drove a stock Evo 10 and I'd say yes in a straight line given both drivers are equal. Other than that I'd say no because the Evo handled AMAZING compared to my car.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Well ya I know in the twisties I couldn't keep up with stock suspension and such cause the Evo is made to compare to the STI, I just meant in a straight line. Somebody asked me today and I was like idk.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I recently drove a stock Evo 10 and I'd say yes in a straight line given both drivers are equal. Other than that I'd say no because the Evo handled AMAZING compared to my car.
    I agree. It's clear to me the Lancer is the faster car. Now, in my view, the Impreza is the better car; however the Lancer is almost certainly faster in any contest that matters (read: turning). It would take a better driver in the Impreza to keep the pace in my view.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Well ya I know in the twisties I couldn't keep up with stock suspension and such cause the Evo is made to compare to the STI, I just meant in a straight line. Somebody asked me today and I was like idk.
    lol the STi doesn't compare to the Evo in the corners. Let's be honest here.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

You know what I meant

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    You know what I meant
    Well I think the safe answer remains "no" but for a stock car you could look up the stats and see how yours compare.

For a straight line comparison, a stock WRX should be able to keep up with an EVO 10. Stg 2 Should annihilate it. The 10s are the slowest of the EVOs, also once you start modifying them I feel the STi is more than capable of keeping up in the corners.

You should be able to walk it in a straight. On anything else, be prepared to see taillights.

Any evo that really wants to race is definitely not stock. Everyone I've ever seen ran minimum stage 2 and that will easily walk our stage 2, given decent driver.
    Current- 11 WRX STi Hatchback
    Sold- 09 G37x Coupe
    Sold- 92 Civic Ex
    Totaled- 08 WRX Premium
    Sold- 02 IS 300

Wow lots of mixed answers lol

wish they made evos in hatches :/ and not the ugly shaped 5 door lancers..
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast