Vs Evo 10 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vs Evo 10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; id personally have to think that in a straight line you might keep up for a while. the X is ...

id personally have to think that in a straight line you might keep up for a while. the X is supposed to have been produced to be the sti competitor. and the RA was the WRX competition. The X is also heavier, so yes straight line who knows.....turns...you're done without suspension mods.
    take one on the track and find out

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive seen a picture.....it was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Wow lots of mixed answers lol
    That's why I said depends.

All we are doing is paper racing and speculating based on numbers. The only way we'd know is if we took equal drivers in same conditions, with the parameters specified...and raced (on a track/closed safe setting).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    My definition of one car "beating" another is if it's more fun to drive. I've never driven an Evo, but I've always heard that the steering box is quicker, cornering is sharper, chassis is excellent, with throttle response and stock power that's comparable to an STI, if not better. (generalizing, since Evo's have gone through several generations since I started paying attention)

For me then, it sounds like an Evo 10 would beat my WRX. I could be wrong.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    No.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    For me then, it sounds like an Evo 10 would beat my WRX. I could be wrong.
    With your definition you are probably right.

My definition differs. I'd love to borrow a Lancer but I don't want to own one. I've no doubt it's the quicker car though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Stage 2 2009+ WRX with equal drivers no turns and the set distance being 1/4. The WRX is quicker... Once that EVO 10 goes stage 2 (if thats what they call it) you are done they respond to modifications much better that the WRX.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    With your definition you are probably right.

My definition differs. I'd love to borrow a Lancer but I don't want to own one. I've no doubt it's the quicker car though.
    I've known for a while that we see things like this differently, but given that you're an international assassin, I choose not to openly contradict you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've known for a while that we see things like this differently, but given that you're an international assassin, I choose not to openly contradict you.
    One of the phrases describing the World's Most Interesting Man: He's a lover, not a fighter... but he's a fighter too, so don't get any ideas... Heh.

Truth be told I like the looks of the older Lancers and like the tech of the newer Lancers but Mitsubishi are in my view much better at building ultra-reliable ancillaries and components than they are at assembling their own stuff into a reliable car. Their turbos are very reliable, their other parts are very reliable, but when they themselves put everything together I worry enough to keep me from signing on the dotted line.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    One of the phrases describing the World's Most Interesting Man: He's a lover, not a fighter... but he's a fighter too, so don't get any ideas... Heh.

Truth be told I like the looks of the older Lancers and like the tech of the newer Lancers but Mitsubishi are in my view much better at building ultra-reliable ancillaries and components than they are at assembling their own stuff into a reliable car. Their turbos are very reliable, their other parts are very reliable, but when they themselves put everything together I worry enough to keep me from signing on the dotted line.
    I loved my Lancer while I had it. pretty dam reliable and i beat it pretty hard too. I like how the X looks much more then older generations of the EVO...digital fuel gauge was hard to get used to but looked nice... but I never liked how expensive they still are. They hold their resell pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandisher View Post
    You should be able to walk it in a straight. On anything else, be prepared to see taillights.

Any evo that really wants to race is definitely not stock. Everyone I've ever seen ran minimum stage 2 and that will easily walk our stage 2, given decent driver.
    ^Exactly.

I will say this though, I do believe that most enthusiasts hold the Evo on a very high pedestal. It's an impressive car no doubt, but it's not like comparing it to a 09+ WRX is apples to oranges. Hell i almost bought an Evo X instead of the scooby! Very cool cars, I'm just too giant for their recaro seats lol.
    -Alex- 2012 WRX 5dr / World Rally Blue / Stage 3+Stig
    I sell Subarus in the Denver area!

I wanted an X too...Still do.
    If only I had money for both =[

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I wanted an X too...Still do.
    If only I had money for both =[
    This resumes what I've seen since I got my WRX. People that have driven or owned both say their EVOs are better racers but lousier daily drivers. I am at stage 2.52 and still avoid racing EVOs. But while I enjoy driving my WRX every day, most EVOs in my area are garage queens (too heavily modified to be practical daily drivers) and even stock they cannot match my WRX miles X gallon X fun factor.
    2008 WRX HATCH W/ TORQUED PERFORMANCE STAGE 3.52

Pardon my "noob-ness" but what's stage 2.52?
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Pardon my "noob-ness" but what's stage 2.52?
    The term was “invented” by Eric from Torqued Performance. It is a stage 2 WRX with a VF-52 turbo (not the stock TD04 that came with 2008 WRX) Torqued Performance sell maps for this combination.
    2008 WRX HATCH W/ TORQUED PERFORMANCE STAGE 3.52

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.