05 STI vs 06 G35 / 08 Acura TL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 STI vs 06 G35 / 08 Acura TL within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Cja1992 What's something you would recommend for a first MOD? Really depends on what you are looking ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cja1992 View Post
    What's something you would recommend for a first MOD?
    Really depends on what you are looking for, but everyone likes a good Stage 2 upgrade. Throw a turboback exhaust and a tune on that STi and neither of those cars are going to be able to touch you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wussola View Post
    The 2006 G35 makes 280 base HP, so should be a problem. Is the 2005 your looking at stock? Plus the STI would be more fun to drive.
    Opps, I mis-typed. Meant to say it SHOULDN'T be a problem (not "should be"). In 2007 they up'd the G35 HP to 300 ... would be a closer race, but think that the STI would still definitely out perform it.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Really depends on what you are looking for, but everyone likes a good Stage 2 upgrade. Throw a turboback exhaust and a tune on that STi and neither of those cars are going to be able to touch you.
    Sounds good to me lol. Its just going to take some more time to save up the $$ for it but to me its worth it in the end. I'd really like to put rims on it right away but its not a complete necessity just yet. I just really want it to have a real nice sound so I would probably be going for an exhaust set up first an possibly a BOV also. Im not 100% sure but the first step would be to get the STi lol

Well, I'll just chime in with some real world experience.

I have a '12 WRX hatch.

When I was still STOCK, I did get up next to a G35 with exhaust and tune (in mexico).

From a 30 roll, as he refused to go from a stop, I pulled half a car on him to 95...again, this was a stock WRX...in mexico.

I think a stock '05 STi would have no problem with either cars mentioned in the OP (assuming they were stock also).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12