Next possible STI competitor???

This is a discussion on Next possible STI competitor??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Found this article today online and it looks like MB wants to join the hot hatch wars. I seriously doubt ...

Next possible STI competitor???

Found this article today online and it looks like MB wants to join the hot hatch wars. I seriously doubt this car will come in under $45K though and for that matter even $50K but it does look sweet.

The 2014 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG has 360 horsepower - Road & Track

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There is an existing thread here:

AMG enters the hot hatch market with the most powerful production four-cylinder

I would not buy any German car currently available in the US.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

German car reliability has been sub par as late.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes.

My favorite German cars are... Czech and Spanish! I've liked the Skoda range for a while now and I drove a Seat Leon that I thought was very good recently.

OTOH giving my own money for a German car? No.

They're great to borrow or rent though.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    There is an existing thread here:

AMG enters the hot hatch market with the most powerful production four-cylinder

I would not buy any German car currently available in the US.

D'oh! I specifically looked to make sure I wasn't reposting this. Oh well. I agree about not buying a German car here as my last car was an '09 Audi A4 and my problems were neverending. In the two and a half years I owned it I had a major fuel leak in the engine bay and also had to have the engine rebuilt with only 40K miles on it. It was enough to make me happy to trade it in when the guy at Subaru offered me nearly $3K more than I owed on it. Needless to say, the Subaru doesn't have the fit and finish of the Audi but I have yet to have a major problem with it other than it being a nail magnet for my tires.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I agree. I really want to like German cars again, I honestly do. I have so many fond memories: Audi, Opel, Merc, VW. Things have changed though and it's a terrible shame.

I actually saw the A45 AMG recently but they're probably only going to sell it in Europe (just as they do with the top of the line cars...they never make it to the US)

It's automatic only though - Benzes don't really come in manual. What's the point of this type of car when there's no clutch!

I Support ClubWRX
    Guess I got lucky. My VW has had very few issues, and everything was under warranty...
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums