Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; They're ugly as sin, especially the wood-paneled variety. However, the GT is quite potent in a straight line... though corners ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    They're ugly as sin, especially the wood-paneled variety.

However, the GT is quite potent in a straight line... though corners present a major issue.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Some more interesting reading...DODGE...get it together and make this AWD:

2013 Dodge Dart SRT4: what we expect
    Wow...that actually is a great looking car.

but seriously...AWD. Stop trying to yank a ****-ton of horsepower on a FWD car!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've never had anything against the PT Cruiser, and have always been curious about the hatred that some people seem to have for them. When they were first released, the retro-styling was interesting, and the interior seems to be quite versatile. I will ding it for having a low-rent interior, or at least that's the impression I got from my rental. Elements of my WRX's interior are also pretty low budget.

It wasn't intended or sold as a performance or luxury car, so I wasn't surprised and angered when it wasn't either.
    All that said, apparently Chrysler really cut some corners on the car as it came to the end of its run.
    I owned a 2005 PT Cruiser GT Turbo...the 2 door Convertible in Candy Apple Red with White leather interior, 230HP/245 LB-FT of Torque, 5-speed Getrag transmission, and FWD LSD.

The car was DAMN fun to drive...especially on a hot summer day with the top down. Had a unique "Sport Bar" that made this car look like no other car on the road then...
    Last edited by pmacey; 03-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I Support ClubWRX
    I owned a 2005 PT Cruiser GT Turbo...the 2 door Convertible in Candy Apple Red with White leather interior, 230HP/245 LB-FT of Torque, 5-speed Getrag transmission, and FWD LSD.

The car was DAMN fun to drive...
    Was it also on UHP All season tires?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I owned a 2005 PT Cruiser GT Turbo...
    I'm sorry.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Was it also on UHP All season tires?
    YES! UHP All Season Tires!!!

How are those dedicated snow tires working for you this Winter season...getting up that big driveway you have? No one has hit you in your ASS because they're driving with UHP All Season Tires?
    Last edited by pmacey; 03-08-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

As far as the Dart goes, it looks so good in print and video, then I see one on the street and think yuck what happened to that Neon... and then it dawns on me because I am dim.. oh.. its a Dart. I hope it does well, it should as I still see Neon's all over the place. My friend had a Neon SRT4 for about 3 years, bought it new and within a year we were figuring out ways to keep trim pieces inside and out in place with dozens of little fixes. When she handed in the keys for a Civic it looked like it was 10 years old. I hope Dodge has sorted that issue. But given it is being assembled at the plant outside Rockford IL (where Neon's Calibers and the Jeep Compass were assembled), I wouldn't hold my breath. It is good they are still working at least, they were dealing with 20% unemployment before the Dart moved in.

It is nice to see small tuned cars having a wider market share here in the States. The fact that people can actually choose between several cars is great news. I will keep my AWD though. Having had the pleasure of torque steer in my life for 100k miles I will pass on FWD from here on out. I don't get the fuss about RWD either. As long as the interior stays in place I don't have any preference between the shades of ugly they all seem to bring at the same price point. It all pales to a Spyker interior to me.

And not to pile on the PT Cruiser but no... There is nothing good about that car in any incarnation. It was a good retro styling concept that fell apart at the assembly line or shortly thereafter. It was made as a disposable car and should only be remembered as a cautionary tale. Whenever someone mentions the GT version of most cars I cant help but remember a friend in high school put a 305 in a Yugo (because racecar?). It was ungodly quick... but it was still a turd of a car. I am glad someone enjoyed their PT Cruiser purchase and had no regrets but there is no way I can be convinced it was a good car. There is so much more to driving than HP/Torque.

Oddly enough, I enjoy putting around under 3k rpms in my WRX with my son yammering away in the back seat more than pedal to the metal in any other car I have been in.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Until I can afford one of these I am keeping my WRX
    Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG shows up to fight the hottest hatches [w/videos]

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry7995 View Post
    Until I can afford one of these I am keeping my WRX
    Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG shows up to fight the hottest hatches [w/videos]
    Keep both. You'll need something that can tow the Merc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sounds tough...That kinda power from a turbo 2.0L. Wonder how everyday drivability is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345