Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Calvinball I briefly looked at the Darts they brought to the Philly car show. People complain that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I briefly looked at the Darts they brought to the Philly car show. People complain that our interiors are budget, they should go sit in a dart...
    Was the DART interior really that bad: hard and cheap plastic everywhere...crappy cloth and/or faux leather interior and seats?

FWIW, I'm a fan of DODGE turbo cars, having owned a PT Cruiser GT and Caliber SRT4....DODGE makes some good factory torque out of those 2.4 Engines, especially the "Warhawk" engine in my Caliber SRT4 that made 265 lb-ft of Torque to go with 285HP, mated to a 6-Speed Getrag Manual...now that's a car DODGE should have made AWD...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Once I've gently slipped the clutch into 1st gear, on a normal takeoff from a light, I'm going about 5-10mph. How it then accelerates to 60 strikes me as being great info to have.
    I've found this car to be quite deadly in those speed ranges... especially away from "a light". (you said it) Traction is nice on that slick street pavement

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Was the DART interior really that bad: hard and cheap plastic everywhere...crappy cloth and/or faux leather interior and seats?

FWIW, I'm a fan of DODGE turbo cars, having owned a PT Cruiser GT and Caliber SRT4....DODGE makes some good factory torque out of those 2.4 Engines, especially the "Warhawk" engine in my Caliber SRT4 that made 265 lb-ft of Torque to go with 285HP, mated to a 6-Speed Getrag Manual...now that's a car DODGE should have made AWD...
    I thought the were excellent. Fit/finish, material quality was impressive in the model I sat in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dodgedartinterior2013.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	111828
    Last edited by kritzell; 02-10-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    I thought the were excellent. Fit/finish, material quality was impressive in the model I sat in.
    The one I saw looked nothing like that. It looked more like an early 90's GM interior. Are there different trim levels?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Something like this?

LMAO...

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, that's actually an early '70's AMC Gremlin interior. I know this, because my family owned a '72, and it's one of the first cars that I ever drove. It was wretched in many ways...but the interior could actually take a beating. A lot of what you're looking at on that dash was metal.

Of course, they're all trashed by this time.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Wow, that's actually an early '70's AMC Gremlin interior. I know this, because my family owned a '72, and it's one of the first cars that I ever drove. It was wretched in many ways...but the interior could actually take a beating. A lot of what you're looking at on that dash was metal.

Of course, they're all trashed by this time.
    The Gremlin X was pure sex.

FWIW, I'm a fan of DODGE turbo cars, having owned a PT Cruiser GT and Caliber SRT4....
    I'm sorry.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I wanted the SRT Caliber really bad but couldn't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    LMAO...
    OMG...also LMAO
    -MACE-

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm sorry.
    What are you sorry for?

Did you ever drive a PT Cruiser GT or a Caliber SRT4? I owned both of these after owning a WRX...both were much stronger than the WRX.

Both those cars had more Torque and more HP than their WRX counterpart of the same year...ok they were FWD vs AWD...but a DAM blast to drive...plus...their interiors were nicer.
    -MACE-

What are you sorry for?

Did you ever drive a PT Cruiser GT or a Caliber SRT4? I owned both of these after owning a WRX...both were much stronger than the WRX.

Both those cars had more Torque and more HP than their WRX counterpart of the same year...ok they were FWD vs AWD...but a DAM blast to drive...plus...their interiors were nicer.
    I learned to drive manual in a tuned Neon SRT-4, and while it was a hideous car inside and out, that car could move. Sounded great too. People hate on SRT-4s just like people hate on WRX's - because they can.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    I learned to drive manual in a tuned Neon SRT-4, and while it was a hideous car inside and out, that car could move. Sounded great too. People hate on SRT-4s just like people hate on WRX's - because they can.
    I don't hate on SRT-4s, just the drivers. I love saving money and I love speed, and the SRT-4 was both... only it attracted the sort of buyer you would expect.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast