Subaru WRX Forum banner

Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better

98K views 69 replies 27 participants last post by  rquinn19 
#1 ·
#60 ·
I've never had anything against the PT Cruiser, and have always been curious about the hatred that some people seem to have for them. When they were first released, the retro-styling was interesting, and the interior seems to be quite versatile. I will ding it for having a low-rent interior, or at least that's the impression I got from my rental. Elements of my WRX's interior are also pretty low budget.

It wasn't intended or sold as a performance or luxury car, so I wasn't surprised and angered when it wasn't either.
All that said, apparently Chrysler really cut some corners on the car as it came to the end of its run.

#63 · (Edited)
I've never had anything against the PT Cruiser, and have always been curious about the hatred that some people seem to have for them. When they were first released, the retro-styling was interesting, and the interior seems to be quite versatile. I will ding it for having a low-rent interior, or at least that's the impression I got from my rental. Elements of my WRX's interior are also pretty low budget.

It wasn't intended or sold as a performance or luxury car, so I wasn't surprised and angered when it wasn't either.
All that said, apparently Chrysler really cut some corners on the car as it came to the end of its run.
I owned a 2005 PT Cruiser GT Turbo...the 2 door Convertible in Candy Apple Red with White leather interior, 230HP/245 LB-FT of Torque, 5-speed Getrag transmission, and FWD LSD.

The car was DAMN fun to drive...especially on a hot summer day with the top down. Had a unique "Sport Bar" that made this car look like no other car on the road then...

#61 ·
They're ugly as sin, especially the wood-paneled variety.

However, the GT is quite potent in a straight line... though corners present a major issue.

#67 ·
As far as the Dart goes, it looks so good in print and video, then I see one on the street and think yuck what happened to that Neon... and then it dawns on me because I am dim.. oh.. its a Dart. I hope it does well, it should as I still see Neon's all over the place. My friend had a Neon SRT4 for about 3 years, bought it new and within a year we were figuring out ways to keep trim pieces inside and out in place with dozens of little fixes. When she handed in the keys for a Civic it looked like it was 10 years old. I hope Dodge has sorted that issue. But given it is being assembled at the plant outside Rockford IL (where Neon's Calibers and the Jeep Compass were assembled), I wouldn't hold my breath. It is good they are still working at least, they were dealing with 20% unemployment before the Dart moved in.

It is nice to see small tuned cars having a wider market share here in the States. The fact that people can actually choose between several cars is great news. I will keep my AWD though. Having had the pleasure of torque steer in my life for 100k miles I will pass on FWD from here on out. I don't get the fuss about RWD either. As long as the interior stays in place I don't have any preference between the shades of ugly they all seem to bring at the same price point. It all pales to a Spyker interior to me.

And not to pile on the PT Cruiser but no... There is nothing good about that car in any incarnation. It was a good retro styling concept that fell apart at the assembly line or shortly thereafter. It was made as a disposable car and should only be remembered as a cautionary tale. Whenever someone mentions the GT version of most cars I cant help but remember a friend in high school put a 305 in a Yugo (because racecar?). It was ungodly quick... but it was still a turd of a car. I am glad someone enjoyed their PT Cruiser purchase and had no regrets but there is no way I can be convinced it was a good car. There is so much more to driving than HP/Torque.

Oddly enough, I enjoy putting around under 3k rpms in my WRX with my son yammering away in the back seat more than pedal to the metal in any other car I have been in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.