Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Motor Trend Tests a 2013 WRX 0-60 in 4.7 Seconds, Likes the Hatch Better within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by santorex I think this is an awful review, "you buy a wrx to hold your surfboard bro... ...

Quote Originally Posted by santorex View Post
    I think this is an awful review, "you buy a wrx to hold your surfboard bro... i'm not actually gonna tell you anything about the car but just cautiously speculate about what's probably next". Really?

This is a different reviewer, and for the 2011, but there's alot more substance to it: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Review - YouTube
    Cool Video...like the comments that the WRX needs a stock Turbo Boost Gauge plus a 6-speed, not too sure about the WRX having a nice interior, too much hard plastic, though I will give a thumbs up to the heated seats in my Premium WRX.

Here is Motor Trends Vid for the Focus ST, it has slightly less HP but more Torque than our WRX. Its is FWD vs our AWD, with a bit of torque steer. It has 0-60 in 5.9 Seconds, with a slower 1/4 mile time...DAM glad I bought my WRX:

2013 Ford Focus ST: The Hottest Hatch? - Ignition Episode 46 - YouTube
    Last edited by pmacey; 02-06-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"The WRX Special Edition launches hard, and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds, beating the last WRX STI sedan we tested by 0.3 second. The WRX is faster in the quarter mile, too, racing down the dragstrip in 13.5 seconds at 100.0 mph, handily beating the WRX STI's 13.8-second time. The trend continues to braking performance, where the WRX's 106-foot stop from 60 mph beats the Brembo-equipped STI by 7 feet."

Ouch to STI. =)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yes4idol View Post
    "The WRX Special Edition launches hard, and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds, beating the last WRX STI sedan we tested by 0.3 second. The WRX is faster in the quarter mile, too, racing down the dragstrip in 13.5 seconds at 100.0 mph, handily beating the WRX STI's 13.8-second time. The trend continues to braking performance, where the WRX's 106-foot stop from 60 mph beats the Brembo-equipped STI by 7 feet."

Ouch to STI. =)
    Throw a few sharp corners in there

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Throw a few sharp corners in there
    Agreed. Neither of these cars is really all about drag racing. And the STI will perform so much better in any other type of racing situation.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Agreed with the stock boost gauge.

I've no idea why that is not standard equipment. I got the boost gauge as a dealer installed option, and am glad I did.
    Then again, I don't know why an oil pressure gauge is not standard equipment on every car also.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post

I've no idea why that is not standard equipment. I got the boost gauge as a dealer installed option, and am glad I did.
    Then again, I don't know why an oil pressure gauge is not standard equipment on every car also.
    I agree on the boost gauge, but it gave me an opportunity to get a better one than the dealer would have put on there!

Quote Originally Posted by XRedJar View Post

this^. If that info is true i wonder why the new STI has worse breaking distance? More weight?

Could DODGE turn the DART into a WRX/STI killer with their latest edition of a new 2014 SRT4? Article from Motor Trend:

2014 Dodge Dart SRT4 - Future Vehicles - Motor Trend
    Last edited by pmacey; 02-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    -MACE-

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the looks of the Darts that I've seen in traffic. I'd really like the idea of an SRT version, if it wasn't wrong-wheel-drive.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I like the looks of the Darts that I've seen in traffic. I'd really like the idea of an SRT version, if it wasn't wrong-wheel-drive.
    ^^this. maybe one day but i would look at an AWD dart or AWD Mazda 3 without the smiley front end, or a new Focus AWD..

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    this^. If that info is true i wonder why the new STI has worse breaking distance? More weight?
    I'm pretty sure this is because of the weight. Most people don't have issues with those brembos once they upgrade the pads. 60-0 is all about tires too.

Also, I agree that the 0-60 times are deceiving but the car is still pretty fast off the line without too much abuse. I don't get why people bring up the 5-60 mph time either. Who is putting around at FIVE mph when they feel like taking off to 60? Going from 20-70 when getting on the highway feels pretty quick to me... It's all perspective anyways.

I Support ClubWRX
    Once I've gently slipped the clutch into 1st gear, on a normal takeoff from a light, or wherever, I'm going about 5-10mph. How it then accelerates to 60 strikes me as being great info to have.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Agree...may the DODGE Engineers have their SH*T together and deliver a 2014 DART SRT4 in AWD...
    -MACE-

Quote Originally Posted by Axex View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is because of the weight. Most people don't have issues with those brembos once they upgrade the pads. 60-0 is all about tires too.

Also, I agree that the 0-60 times are deceiving but the car is still pretty fast off the line without too much abuse. I don't get why people bring up the 5-60 mph time either. Who is putting around at FIVE mph when they feel like taking off to 60? Going from 20-70 when getting on the highway feels pretty quick to me... It's all perspective anyways.
    Just checked the 2013 Impreza WRX/STI Brochure: The base WRX has a "Base Curb Weight" of 3208 pounds. The STI weighs in at 3384 pounds

The WRX comes stock with ventilated front brakes. Dual-piston front and single piston rear calipers. Front is 11.6 inches/rear 11.3 inches.
    The STI comes with Brembo performance ventilated front and rear. 4-piston front and dual-piston rear calipers. Front is 13 inches, rear is 12.6 inches
    -MACE-

I briefly looked at the Darts they brought to the Philly car show. People complain that our interiors are budget, they should go sit in a dart...
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast