2011 WRX vs 2005 Accord V6 coupe manual and AP1 S2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX vs 2005 Accord V6 coupe manual and AP1 S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Read the rules sticky - no videos of street racing you were involved in....

Banned

Read the rules sticky - no videos of street racing you were involved in.
    Last edited by mycologist; 01-14-2013 at 05:17 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: 2011 WRX vs 2005 Accord V6 coupe manual and AP1 S2000

Just fyi, street racing is frowned upon here, be prepared for the flaming.
    That said, your accord sure has some pep! Didn't see that coming at all!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rocklizzard91 View Post
    Just fyi, street racing is frowned upon here, be prepared for the flaming.
    That said, your accord sure has some pep! Didn't see that coming at all!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks man! Not a big deal.... We did it the safe way on closed roads with no traffic, in Mexico! I don't care about the "flamers". Anyways, I just came here to share this with you guys.... I didn't see that coming either! Haha, S2k guy and I both still like his car.... It's awd sedan and still kept up with 2 door 9000 rpm sports car and somewhat kept up with 240+ whp v6 manual sleeper.

-The S2K race was really down to the driver, but in the longer of the 2 races where they went 100+ the S2k came out on top(but just barely! i.e. half a car length!).

-The Accord V6 race was like a linear math equation(best way to put it?), the longer the race was the more I pulled and harder I seemed to pull(especially 90-125 in my 4th gear; though we didn't quite go that fast in the vids).
    Last edited by AV6-6; 01-14-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Why people buy WRX's and S2k for drag racing....Something I'll never understand =)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Why people buy WRX's and S2k for drag racing....Something I'll never understand =)
    They didn't. Haha.... that's the point. The runs were just for fun.
    Last edited by AV6-6; 01-14-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Well no matter what i would chose the WRX any day over an accord. Not because i think the accord is junk or anything but for me the Rex is a whole different unique animal. Fast car with All wheel Drive that looks good is just an awsome combo! Its like the perfect car for me. I always bought Rear Wheel Drive Muscle cars all my life as Daily drivers and once winter came i was screwed.. Even went and bought the new Focus ST with Front wheel drive thinking that will be better in the winter up here on the Mountain where i live! "Wrong" LOL.. Finally got a brand new WRX last week and couldnt be happier. Its like the perfect combo its like i have a toy and a practical car all in one. Heck they have the 2013 Mustang 5.0 market down to 26k at some dealers the same price i paid for my WRX but even tho they are faster stock and very enticing it wasn't practical at all they have 0 room in the back seats and it was RWD plus id like to see the 5.0 or a Honda accord tear up the Rally trails like a WRX would. So yeah there can be fasters cars out there but to me and my needs they dont compare to a WRX. But if you dump some real money into a WRX they can be sick fast 400hp and AWD is a deadly combo when done right! Like i said im not bashing the accord and as cool as it is for that guy to get it fast it still wouldn't be for me! I found out that fast and Front Wheel Drive don't really mesh well in the handling department!

I Support ClubWRX

Video was removed due to forum rules but it sounded interesting.

I will have to agree that most WRXs have no business drag racing. The cars aren't suited for it.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I watched the videos. Didn't surprise me that an accord would beat a WRX from a rolling 20/40 start. That being said, for as much work that has been done to the accord (not a heck of a lot, but some mods), I was surprised it didn't pull away from the WRX easier in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Video was removed due to forum rules but it sounded interesting.

I will have to agree that most WRXs have no business drag racing. The cars aren't suited for it.
    I think they are well suited for drag racing when built right. They spank alot of cars at the strip that have alot more horsepower because of the AWD and the lighter weight. You build these cars the right way up to 400 hp and they hare hard to beat. You figure the camaro SS for example has like 400 to 420 hp to the crank it weights right around 3,900lbs and is rear wheel drive and is a popular drag car! A subie WRX is 3,200 lbs has AWD and moded to 400 hp will spank the SS in every way! Heck even with the WRX's stock hp because of the 700lbs less of weight and the combo of AWD its still gives the camaro a run for its money in stock form! I think WRX's are great for drag racing when MODed right adding horsepower and making the weak parts stronger!

I Support ClubWRX

Yeah but the transmission will always be a weak link for our cars. It just costs so much to make a WRX into a really useable drag car. Sure you can build one to compete but you will always be worried about something breaking.

WRXs are much better for road racing and auto-x in my opinion.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Yeah but the transmission will always be a weak link for our cars. It just costs so much to make a WRX into a really useable drag car. Sure you can build one to compete but you will always be worried about something breaking.

WRXs are much better for road racing and auto-x in my opinion.
    Oh ya no doubt! Thats why i said if you want a WRX to be a drag king got to give it the right MOD's mostly making the weak parts stronger like the transmission. But even stock they do hold there own! But really these cars are built for Rally racing thats what they are born to do.. And thats awsome in its own right! Im going to go up to Welllsboro PA in the spring and watch the Rally this year i think its may 31 to june 1st...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Heck even with the WRX's stock hp because of the 700lbs less of weight and the combo of AWD its still gives the camaro a run for its money in stock form!
    A superbly-launched (thrashed) WRX might come close to matching a well-driven SS's E.T. at the dragstrip, only due to AWD traction. In terms of real-world acceleration, the SS is a substantially faster car. (roughly 10mph difference in trap times...?), and could no doubt take dragstrip pounding better than our cars.
    I'm fairly modded, but would expect an SS to easily pull away from me on a highway entrance ramp, regardless of weight difference. The LS series motors are pretty awesome.

The thing about dumping money in to make 400hp is something that's said by owners of all the different makes. If you make 400hp in a 1972 Ford Pinto, it'll be pretty impressive (and scary) as well.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    A superbly-launched (thrashed) WRX might come close to matching a well-driven SS's E.T. at the dragstrip, only due to AWD traction. In terms of real-world acceleration, the SS is a substantially faster car. (roughly 10mph difference in trap times...?), and could no doubt take dragstrip pounding better than our cars.
    I'm fairly modded, but would expect an SS to easily pull away from me on a highway entrance ramp, regardless of weight difference. The LS series motors are pretty awesome.

The thing about dumping money in to make 400hp is something that's said by owners of all the different makes. If you make 400hp in a 1972 Ford Pinto, it'll be pretty impressive (and scary) as well.
    I owned a 2010 Camaro SS, 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 ,1967 camaro with a built 454, 1987 iroc Z Camaro, 2009 Challenger R/T And others so im very familiar with strong V8's.. The problem with alot of them is they are very heavy and they have major wheel spin with street tires. You get these cars to the track with slicks yes they are good but soo is the WRX modded and with good drag racing tires. I dont have my new WRX broke in yet so i havent really got on it! But i can tell its got good performance just when getting on it a little. Im sure alot has to do with the AWD and grip. But hey ill take that advantage! Doesnt matter how the car is fast weather its from horsepower or because its got a sick AWD system. 400hp built in a 72 pinto would not perform as well as a 2013 400hp AWD WRX! No way no how.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen small block Pintos run in the 10's and 11's. Those 2013 WRX's have really upped the ante for performance!

I'll leave it at that. Best of luck!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've seen small block Pintos run in the 10's and 11's. Those 2013 WRX's have really upped the ante for performance!

I'll leave it at that. Best of luck!
    According to forum legend, swapping an STi drive train into anything up to and including an Abram's Tank will give you elevens. Screw a Pinto though, go Pacer or go home.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast