2007 BMW 335i vs. 2013 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2007 BMW 335i vs. 2013 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is a great thread for me, I have an E46 330i now and have been considering a newer E90 ...

This is a great thread for me, I have an E46 330i now and have been considering a newer E90 BMW or a WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was in the same situation ... comparing the 2008 335i with sport pkg/premium pkg, which I was currently driving, to the 2013 wrx wagon premium ... I ended up getting the wrx to replace it and ended up really missing the 335i.

Now I am deciding whether to get a 2011 335i or wait a couple years to buy a used F30 335i ... I think I am still in love with the e90s.

This is a nice thread.. I've been driving a 2007 335i with Cobb tune for a few years, and now I'm looking at a 2015 WRX or a 2012-2013 STI. My biggest worry is how I am going to feel without that enormous torque kick every single type I press the pedal. It doesn't matter if you are in 1st or 5th, the car just pulls hard. I mean, like put a smile on my face still after years hard...

Quote Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post
    This is a nice thread.. I've been driving a 2007 335i with Cobb tune for a few years, and now I'm looking at a 2015 WRX or a 2012-2013 STI. My biggest worry is how I am going to feel without that enormous torque kick every single type I press the pedal. It doesn't matter if you are in 1st or 5th, the car just pulls hard. I mean, like put a smile on my face still after years hard...
    Keep the 335i. Or get a car similar to that. I switched from the 335i to the WRX and I missed the low end torque. I am not gonna get a six speed manual Audi S4. Seems to be a nice compromise between the two cars.

Funny you say that. I used to have a 540i and then sold it for a 2006 S4 6MT. That car for whatever reason was just boring as hell to drive. It was very nice inside, and the awd was great for bad weather and snow. But, for whatever reason, I never liked it that much, and sold it after just 2.5 years. I then have had 2 outback wagons, and the the 335i since then. I have thought about trying out a new 2010+ s4 with the turbo motor, but some part of me know thinks I enjoy cheaper cars as for whatever reason, I don't worry about them as much. The WRX/STI I think is enticing due to the cost/performance ratio more so than just pure performance. I'll agree a Stage 2 335i/xi or s4 makes an awesome vehicle for just about anything I would ever do, as my offroading may consist of a trip to Pismo beach, or some driving trails in Oregon at best, neither of which even require 4wd of any type.

I will have to test drive the new S4 before I make any decision. But what is driving me away from the 335i is the push for runflats and the lack of a spare, my 08 335i had the performance package with those rear tires being a little wider so i couldn't rotate them, etc. It got annoying after a while. With that aside, I still do love that I6 turbo ... we shall see lol.

I dumped the runflat the week I got the car. I put one of those emergency tire inflator kits in the trunk, and keep my AAA membership active. My car is the same, different tires in the back. With that much torque though, I go through 2 sets of rears before the front need a change. It might be 2.5 tires in the back before the fronts are due

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123