2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today I was on my way to work in my 2004 WRX sedan (stock with 0 mods so far) ...

2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ

So today I was on my way to work in my 2004 WRX sedan (stock with 0 mods so far) @121,000ish miles

You know how 90% of the Subaru owners out there wave at each other out of mutual respect, approval and just plain friendliness? Well this **** face, cock sucking, douche bag, with Justin Beiber playing in his car (no lie) pulls up next to me with his Nice Red BRZ. I scoped out his ride and waved while saying "Nice car dude!" He just shook his head an revved his engine to read line and just stared me down through his douche bag bug eyed sun glasses (it was still dark in the Winter morning) The light turned green and he took off with a kiss of wheel spin.

Now just to clarify, I HATE *******s who race on streets, if you do your are a ******, a big fat ******! So I passed on racing this giant ******. But this brought a curiosity to my mind in which I didn't have before this event.

Can a 2004 WRX or maybe any year WRX (not STi) beat a BRZ in a straight line race?

I mean on pen and paper my 2004 WRX would have won, My WRX has 227bhp, his only 200bhp. My WRX has AWD and can do a faster 0-60 time than his RWD BRZ. Also the roads were a little wet from the morning dew (or frost i guess) So I should have had a noticeable advantage off the line no? Now of course I must take turbo lag into account, but still, I should be able to just out run him.

What's your guys' thoughts on this comparison?

P.S.
    I'm love the BRZ, it's a sexy looking ride, but just to all you newer Subaru owners... Don't be a Street racing *******...

Here's a picture of my baby btw

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121108_163510.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	109816

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: 2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ

That was weird. You sure it wasn't an FRS? efff him man, there are douches in every car crowd. Subaru owners seem to be the nice guys/gals of the bunch.

Thanks for not racing, because you would have smoked him. BRZs may have some horsepower but are pretty low in torque. And when launched properly turbo lag isn't a problem.

Nice car man. Black wheels on WRB looks good. Did you replace your headlights for 2005's? Curious. I'm surprised you haven't gone stage 1, I HATED my blobeye's stock tune.

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 11-25-2012 at 05:19 AM.

i've noticed a lot of younger kids in 3rd gen's and brz/s, No Respect. its sad to say but the wrx is the new honda/vw. you'll catch a doucher here or there, but mostly respectable suby lover's.

Nice blob-eye, odds were in your favor. Maturity lies within the bigger man.
    Last edited by DiRty Impreza; 11-25-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza View Post
    i've noticed a lot of younger kids in 3rd gen's and brz/s, No Respect. its sad to say but the wrx is the new honda/wv. you'll catch a doucher here or there, but mostly respectable suby lover's.

Nice blob-eye, odds were in your favor. Maturity lies within the bigger man.
    I've noticed this too. I have a few friends local with a newer wrx or STi and they are all normal people/drivers but lately I've noticed some ricer fan boys with them as well earning a bad name for the car. I've seen a couple random facebook post over the last few months from people bitching about someone around here driving like a total idiot with an STi.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Re: 2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ

Good thing about the Honda scene is that they love to put on intakes untuned... give it a few months, cars go boom >=)
    A few subies will be sacrificed... moment of silence if you will.

Posted from a fone.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Good thing about the Honda scene is that they love to put on intakes untuned... give it a few months, cars go boom >=)
    A few subies will be sacrificed... moment of silence if you will.

Posted from a fone.
    It's natural selection!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

As for a stock 04 wrx vs BRZ I'd have to say it would be a close race if the wrx was launched hard since they both trap low 90's in the 1/4 mile. From a rolling start the BRZ should take it.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ

I see a lot of Honda guys buying subarus and are used to racing anyone with their crappy Honda rust buckets

I Support ClubWRX
    If we're going to "race on paper", it's a bit more intellectually honest to include more facts. A 2004 WRX is going to outweigh the BRZ by ~500lbs...meaning that the hp advantage is essentially nullified. It's really not even that simple, since his NA powerband is going to be different from your FI output, and the way that they list hp ratings has changed slightly since 2004, and not in your favor.

Our WRX's get a bump in the magazines because the drivers are willing to thrash the cars to get good times. Unless you're willing to put some serious strain on your 8-year-old driveline, I'd keep the bets low at the drag strip. A stock WRX is really more of a 15 second vehicle once moving.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade...it was a revelation to me, back in 2002, when V6 Altimas seemed to have no trouble keeping up with me down a highway ramp.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    That was weird. You sure it wasn't an FRS? efff him man, there are douches in every car crowd. Subaru owners seem to be the nice guys/gals of the bunch.

Thanks for not racing, because you would have smoked him. BRZs may have some horsepower but are pretty low in torque. And when launched properly turbo lag isn't a problem.

Nice car man. Black wheels on WRB looks good. Did you replace your headlights for 2005's? Curious. I'm surprised you haven't gone stage 1, I HATED my blobeye's stock tune.

Posted from a fone.
    The guy who owned the car before me did everything that was done to this car (Black paint on rims, mud flaps) As for the head lights, I'm not sure, I'd need to see a comparison between the '04 and '05 lights. I plan on doing the whole up, down, Cat back with the Cobb Access port this Summer

Oh and I'm sure it was a BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by jasontee1 View Post
    I see a lot of Honda guys buying subarus and are used to racing anyone with their crappy Honda rust buckets
    I think I know the problem. People who own WRX's and STi's don't usually drive like *******s, because they have nothing to prove. They know the car is fast and everyone around them that knows anything about cars, knows they're fast. As for most Hondas (for example, VW's are a big problem where I live too) They drive like *******s because they want to prove that their FWD 120ish bhp car isn't the same, it's faster than the typical Honda or VW. In most cases, the only mods they add are intakes and mufflers. But with Subaru's and dare I say even Evo's, we (For the most part) Drive MUCH more responsibly.

Save it for the track dudes!

I've had my WRX for about 4 weeks now and I don't foresee me EVER going back!

Dang, the last person I spoke to with a BRZ was a local millionaire who purchased it as a fun car to autocross with. He showed me photos of his Porsche 911 GT2 after he did $68k worth of damage to it, and I couldn't even tell that it had any damage by looking at the photos. He ran the passenger side into something, trashing both sets of brakes, requiring him to replace all 4. IIRC, that was $40k of his $68k in damage and the rest was in suspension components.

He told me he purchased the BRZ because he'd just buy another one if he wrecked it at the track versus going through the shock of paying a fortune to get his GT2 back on the road. I have to say, that was the oddest, most random, Subaru owner conversation I ever had with a complete stranger..

Just my 2 cents, I am almost 22 with my newer wrx and I always wave "peace sign" other wrx/STi owners and 99% do it back or do it 1st. But I agree. Here in WA I have noticed a lot of ricers with subarus that will completely blow me off.
    Also there is something about the brz/FRS that makes some people stupid.. in my wrx about 2 months ago a red FRS pulls up next to me and it was the same thing... beiber hair aviators kid revving his engine at me just staring. I looked at him, smiled and shook my head. He floored it and was half an inch away from taking out my driver side mirror with his slide on wet pavement.. and yes it was typical Washington rain...

2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Wow this thread is pretty old but I guess I can add some more to it. Im bored at work so here it is....

So I've been driving my 02 black bugeye for about 5 months now. Done a couple things to it so far, HKS hipower CBE, mudflaps, yellow fogs, black housing head lights, cobb shift knob....so far. Its pretty clean for a 11 year old car. Few of my neighbors that I chat with like that car and have complimented me on it. They always see me outside with it, either washing/cleaning it or doing some maintenance to it. About 2 months ago there a guy down the street that bought a red FRS, he looks about 20ish I'd say. Everyone in our neighborhood drives about 20-25 miles per hour. Well....everytime Im outside with my car, this guy always has to FLOOR it like a lunatic while driving past my house. Like WTF? what are you trying to prove or say? Never waves never nods his head. Its just so pointless and stupid!! Who do these young punks think they are? But im not mad, lol at the end of the day he still drives a "scion" and im the one with the subie. If I ever see him on the street I will probably race him if hes up for it just to kinda put him back in his place. Im sure I can take him, my friend has a 2011 g37 and I was right behind him the whole time we went at it, didnt loose by a lot, and its a 3.7

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast