2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by twheelie Try driving/riding Asian vehicles around Harley people and you might start enjoying Biebers (beekers) Woah woah. ...

Quote Originally Posted by twheelie View Post
    Try driving/riding Asian vehicles around Harley people and you might start enjoying Biebers (beekers)
    Woah woah.
    I love both my 08WRX and my 13HD Sportster 48!

Never understood why people can't just get along lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    "Fast" is relative. On paper, its power-to-weight ratio and quarter mile time are pretty comparable to the original 2002 WRX, in stock configuration. (of which I have owned 2) The way it puts power down is, of course, completely different. I can say pretty confidently that my BRZ picks up speed faster than my '02 WRX (when stock) did from 2000-3500 rpms, attributable to direct-injection, lighter weight, 2WD. etc. Of course, after that point, force-induction fun takes over, and the WRX would no doubt gain a little ground.

Call it a bastard if you like, but it's got the right parts. 2700 lbs, RWD (which I actually prefer in my sports cars), a silky Lexus 6-speed transmission that puts the WRX unit to shame, a fast steering ratio with wonderful feedback, and Toyota build quality. No complaints here. With the Limited version, I get some nice luxuries; proximity key, heated leather/alcantara seats, HID's. Did I mention that on my commute I'm getting 34'ish mpgs?

If you're the kind of fellow that wakes up in the morning, and says to himself "it's very important that the world see me in a quick car!", then no, that's not what it's built for. But if you love good roads, the sound of a boxer at 7200 rpms, and a fantastic-handling chassis...wow, this is a great car.

Of course, I can say all of this with impunity. If I want to tear up asphalt, I hop into my 320ft-lb dynoed WRX.

</hubris>
    For what it's worth, I agree with everything you said and I too owned a 2002 WRX wagon and now currently drive a 2013BRZ Limited 6sp man. I've had a few guys in MSP3s and Hondas try to race me. I just smile and laugh as they take off spitting blue smoke out of their HUGE tailpipe alerting every cop around that "I want to get a ticket today!"

I had a fun time driving my BRZ in a high performance environment at a local driver's education event hosted by the Porsche Club of America. I was very impressed with how well balanced the car is. I made some good friends, all Porsche owners, and they too were impressed with my little blue sports car. I highly recommend that type of event for those of you with a need for speed. Totally legal high speed fun! Their moto is "On pavement - good. Off pavement - bad." Pretty much anything on the pavement was encouraged.

As for the BRZ crowd and their lack of waving. Coming from WRX, I'm used to spotting and waving at other Subie drivers. But I must say, even in my World Rally Blue BRZ, I can count on one hand the number of return waves I've got from other Subie drivers. What's up with that?
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

The BRZ is a nice vehicle and I enjoy seeing them on the streets. It's different and that's what I think makes them unique within the subaru line. I own a 2002 bug eye WRX and try to keep it as clean as possible. I've moved up to Vermont, so I'm cringing everytime I drive out on the salted roads. Most of the subaru drivers here are cool, and wave often. I do a friendly wave back or smile back. It's fun seeing other subarus and wonder what mods they could have possibly done as they zoom past by.

I've never really raced as I love my car and doing anything foolish can mean the end to my car and life. There are some people here who like to take off, but I keep it cool. Sure there is the spirited side that speeds a little and go fast on the corners but that's all. Overall, I rather drive like a turtle than get a ticket. Some of the drivers here are more harsh and often I see the cops light flash on going after people.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    For what it's worth, I agree with everything you said and I too owned a 2002 WRX wagon and now currently drive a 2013BRZ Limited 6sp man. I've had a few guys in MSP3s and Hondas try to race me. I just smile and laugh as they take off spitting blue smoke out of their HUGE tailpipe alerting every cop around that "I want to get a ticket today!"

I had a fun time driving my BRZ in a high performance environment at a local driver's education event hosted by the Porsche Club of America. I was very impressed with how well balanced the car is. I made some good friends, all Porsche owners, and they too were impressed with my little blue sports car. I highly recommend that type of event for those of you with a need for speed. Totally legal high speed fun! Their moto is "On pavement - good. Off pavement - bad." Pretty much anything on the pavement was encouraged.

As for the BRZ crowd and their lack of waving. Coming from WRX, I'm used to spotting and waving at other Subie drivers. But I must say, even in my World Rally Blue BRZ, I can count on one hand the number of return waves I've got from other Subie drivers. What's up with that?
    I'd wave. and I'll 2nd the PCA crowd is an ok bunch.

I drive a 2010 FXT on WRX suspension and 98% of the time have good interactions w/ WRX guys on the road. Other than 1 douch in a bugeye that tried to run me down crossing my street you guys are a pretty cool crowd. I have only seen 2 brz's while driving, both wanted to race, it's not too personal. Great little cars and they want to test 'em. I've seen plenty of WRX YouTube videos doing the same.
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNBG View Post
    So today I was on my way to work in my 2004 WRX sedan (stock with 0 mods so far) @121,000ish miles

You know how 90% of the Subaru owners out there wave at each other out of mutual respect, approval and just plain friendliness? Well this **** face, cock sucking, douche bag, with Justin Beiber playing in his car (no lie) pulls up next to me with his Nice Red BRZ. I scoped out his ride and waved while saying "Nice car dude!" He just shook his head an revved his engine to read line and just stared me down through his douche bag bug eyed sun glasses (it was still dark in the Winter morning) The light turned green and he took off with a kiss of wheel spin.

Now just to clarify, I HATE *******s who race on streets, if you do your are a ******, a big fat ******! So I passed on racing this giant ******. But this brought a curiosity to my mind in which I didn't have before this event.

Can a 2004 WRX or maybe any year WRX (not STi) beat a BRZ in a straight line race?

I mean on pen and paper my 2004 WRX would have won, My WRX has 227bhp, his only 200bhp. My WRX has AWD and can do a faster 0-60 time than his RWD BRZ. Also the roads were a little wet from the morning dew (or frost i guess) So I should have had a noticeable advantage off the line no? Now of course I must take turbo lag into account, but still, I should be able to just out run him.

What's your guys' thoughts on this comparison?

P.S.
    I'm love the BRZ, it's a sexy looking ride, but just to all you newer Subaru owners... Don't be a Street racing *******...

Here's a picture of my baby btw

Attachment 109816

Seeing as how the BRZ only has 200hp and 150lbs of torque then I would say the wrx smokes the brz/frs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.