2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not saying anything really, just stating observations. I do however think that most people engage in this exhibition of speed. ...

Not saying anything really, just stating observations. I do however think that most people engage in this exhibition of speed. At least around here. Stupid or not, that's just how people commute in this area.
    Not so much anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Not saying anything really, just stating observations. I do however think that most people engage in this exhibition of speed. At least around here. Stupid or not, that's just how people commute in this area.
    Well the average person is pretty stupid.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Well the average person is pretty stupid.

I have owned both of these cars and they are very different in power and handling. The philosophies of the vehicles is completely different to you. Not to sound like a broken record but it's all about preference. I will say in a straight line the WRX will usually win stock-stock. In the corners, I feel like the WRX doesn't give me the feedback and road feel the FR-S did, but it can pull of some fast traction cornering due to the AWD. But that slide of the rear wheels and the back end was just so fun

Also....around here in Tempe AZ, I'd say half the br-z/fr-s owners have been pretty toolish.
    I have yet to meet a douche WR-X owner but I am certain they are out there.

I drive a 2 month old red BRZ m/t. Its #5 for me and I'm looking for a WRX for the winter and when there are more than the wife and I in the car. Other Subaru drivers, mostly WRX guys, and I usually will smile and give a thumbs up or say cool ride to each other. Personally, I haven't got time to deal with an a$$hole on the road. There are waaaay too many of them. Just about everyone I talk to about their Subarus are hard working guys who enjoy their rides keep them looking good and running great. They always have a bit of knowledge to pass along. As for the guy blasting Bieber, he's probably trolling for another meat whistler.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    I have owned both of these cars and they are very different in power and handling. The philosophies of the vehicles is completely different to you. Not to sound like a broken record but it's all about preference. I will say in a straight line the WRX will usually win stock-stock. In the corners, I feel like the WRX doesn't give me the feedback and road feel the FR-S did, but it can pull of some fast traction cornering due to the AWD. But that slide of the rear wheels and the back end was just so fun

Also....around here in Tempe AZ, I'd say half the br-z/fr-s owners have been pretty toolish.
    I have yet to meet a douche WR-X owner but I am certain they are out there.
    You refer to both in past tense. If you don't mind me asking, what do you own now?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You refer to both in past tense. If you don't mind me asking, what do you own now?
    Mehstang.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    My fault. I should have been more clear. I traded my FR-S for my 2013 WRX and haven't regretted it for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenpho View Post
    My fault. I should have been more clear. I traded my FR-S for my 2013 WRX and haven't regretted it for a moment.
    I test drove a 2013 FRS myself back in July. Very nice car...very fun. But was just dog slow. Keep in mind I was driving my own 05 STI with some good mods done...I needed that power. The kick in the pants...the boost. That's what I enjoyed most about my STI.

I ended up getting into a 2012 WRX. While it is pretty slow itself compared to the STI, it makes up for it in the potential it has. It's stock right now, so once Spring comes around and I get going to Stage 2 and beyond, I'll be really happy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I test drove a 2013 FRS myself back in July. Very nice car...very fun. But was just dog slow. Keep in mind I was driving my own 05 STI with some good mods done...I needed that power. The kick in the pants...the boost. That's what I enjoyed most about my STI.

I ended up getting into a 2012 WRX. While it is pretty slow itself compared to the STI, it makes up for it in the potential it has. It's stock right now, so once Spring comes around and I get going to Stage 2 and beyond, I'll be really happy.
    Yeah, your 05 was Stage 2. Stage 2 on the 2012 should be a different story
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Much more betterer

Sent from my iPwn
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Dude, I just love how all other WRX owners just wave it makes me feel like we're all family. It sucks that there are such "douche bag cock suckers" (lol btw) that drive subbies...but **** it, just wanted to say I feel you and I also hate R-tards who try to race on the streets....at least it wasn't a civic ;p
    Hugo Chavez
    I love my Subbie (2011 WRX) looking for mod ideas.
    I blog from home that's my job...
    HMU on facebook

I love the brz looks. I feel it needs more power. I dd my 06 sti and have 110k miles on it. I wave at all subie owners and most wave back. I'd love to have the brz but I'm afraid it would sit at the bottom of my driveway too often If that happened I couldn't give my boss a hard time when I'm at work on time in the winter after pushing snow with the bumper and ask where's his sports car? He has a garage queen corvette. I'd hate to join that crowd. If you can't drive it you can't enjoy it. Also since I've finally got my 1970 360 subie on the road I don't think it hurts to wave at everyone I can. I might need help someday.

If you're not actually going to race anybody then why does it matter? I have an 03 WRX and just enjoy driving it. Sometimes I speed, and sometimes I go a little fast around corners. But I don't lose any sleep worrying about which cars are faster or slower than it. Racing is pointless. The only time it matters (who is faster) is when you and your buddy are running through the woods with a big bear chasing you. You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than your buddy.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

Try driving/riding Asian vehicles around Harley people and you might start enjoying Biebers (beekers) BRZ is pretty, but like an Abarth. Chickcar. I'm one to talk, 'though... in my work truck ('91 miata) vs my project '02 bugeye sedan, which I've owned since new. If I'm going to race, it'll be on the track on my 180 hp GSX-R1000K5, but that doesn't mean I don't like to drive rapidement. I might buy a BRZ/FRS once they chop the top and slot awd fI in it. In the mean time, if I want subie powered rwd, I'd probably build a Factory Five 818. They're over a year behind in orders, but at $10k (+ donor WRX) you could have it paid off before you build it. Just sayin
    Last edited by twheelie; 11-22-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast