2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX vs 2013 BRZ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by slavik_awd_02 Its just so pointless and stupid!! You say this... Originally Posted by slavik_awd_02 If I ever ...

Quote Originally Posted by slavik_awd_02 View Post
    Its just so pointless and stupid!!
    You say this...

If I ever see him on the street I will probably race him if hes up for it just to kinda put him back in his place.
    Then go on to say this...

I'm sure street racing illegally will certainly put him in his place. What are you trying to prove or say?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    l at the end of the day he still drives a "scion" and im the one with the subie. :
    LOL, car brand snobbery cracks me up.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Moral of this thread: dudes that drive red BRZs are D-bags.

No but in all honesty, NOBODY who knows anything about cars buys a BRZ for the speed. Its simply not equipped to be fast from the factory. It is light enough to where it can get up and move, and people report it pulling sub-15 second 1/4 miles, but the car wasn't built as a rocket. More built to be nimble and fun, with all the ingredients of a classic sports car (light, 2 seat, RWD, stick, nimble, etc.)

Actually, I think this car will really appeal to the drift crowd. Give it a few more years and you will see them start to be very common at events. I think they took alot of inspiration from the old Toyota Truenos when they were designing this car. Its very well balanced, and has a low center of gravity.

In fact, I would wager that this car would walk all over a WRX in say, an autocross event or something, if you put grippy tires on it.

All that said though, if we are honest the BRZ is kind of the bastard child of Toyota and Subaru, it would be like your father having a kid with some political leader. You might accept the kid into the family, but he is inherently different, with his RWD only and naturally aspirated little lungs :P.

So yeah, you can bet the Toyota-type crowd is interested in the car, and for the most part alot of other people that would probably not have considered Subaru before.

My wife wants a BRZ and I like them as well. I had an early 90's Nissan 240SX, and the BRZ reminds me of that car only with the power the 240 should have had. It's got all the right ingredients to be a fun, sporty car that is a blast to drive. That being said, I would not give up my 5-door WRX for one.

I'll also bet it follows the same kind of path the 240 did. Going to be lots of aftermarked support to take them from mild to wild. Be fun to see where it goes.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

I Support ClubWRX
    "Fast" is relative. On paper, its power-to-weight ratio and quarter mile time are pretty comparable to the original 2002 WRX, in stock configuration. (of which I have owned 2) The way it puts power down is, of course, completely different. I can say pretty confidently that my BRZ picks up speed faster than my '02 WRX (when stock) did from 2000-3500 rpms, attributable to direct-injection, lighter weight, 2WD. etc. Of course, after that point, force-induction fun takes over, and the WRX would no doubt gain a little ground.

Call it a bastard if you like, but it's got the right parts. 2700 lbs, RWD (which I actually prefer in my sports cars), a silky Lexus 6-speed transmission that puts the WRX unit to shame, a fast steering ratio with wonderful feedback, and Toyota build quality. No complaints here. With the Limited version, I get some nice luxuries; proximity key, heated leather/alcantara seats, HID's. Did I mention that on my commute I'm getting 34'ish mpgs?

If you're the kind of fellow that wakes up in the morning, and says to himself "it's very important that the world see me in a quick car!", then no, that's not what it's built for. But if you love good roads, the sound of a boxer at 7200 rpms, and a fantastic-handling chassis...wow, this is a great car.

Of course, I can say all of this with impunity. If I want to tear up asphalt, I hop into my 320ft-lb dynoed WRX.

</hubris>
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

No I get you. Its a bastard child in that its not a typical Subaru, but people are praising it because its a step back to how classic sports cars used to be. They were simple, visceral, and lightweight and fun. Thats something most "mainstream" manufacturers are too scared to do these days.

Honda discontinued the S2000. Toyota ditched the MR2. The Miata somehow manages to keep going strong. I would love to own a BRZ one day, I think they are beautiful cars, and on top of all of that, they would have to be loads of fun the way they are setup. I'm sure it will be a well sought after car in a decade (if gas cars still exist :P) because honestly it makes a pretty decent platform for alot of applications.

And I know all about how "fast speed does not necessarily equate to fun car". I drive a Honda CRX haha. Speed isn't EVERYTHING...its just a good chunk of it... :P

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I lust over the possibility of a KERS in the BRZ STi variant. That will be a total hooligan car.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You say this...

Then go on to say this...

I'm sure street racing illegally will certainly put him in his place. What are you trying to prove or say?

I guess, do a couple pulls with him, whats the big deal. Im sure everyone does it once in a while.....

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I guess, do a couple pulls with him, whats the big deal. Im sure everyone does it once in a while.....
    Not a single time have I ever raced anyone on the street.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza View Post
    i've noticed a lot of younger kids in 3rd gen's and brz/s, No Respect. its sad to say but the wrx is the new honda/vw. you'll catch a doucher here or there, but mostly respectable suby lover's.

Nice blob-eye, odds were in your favor. Maturity lies within the bigger man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I've noticed this too. I have a few friends local with a newer wrx or STi and they are all normal people/drivers but lately I've noticed some ricer fan boys with them as well earning a bad name for the car. I've seen a couple random facebook post over the last few months from people bitching about someone around here driving like a total idiot with an STi.
    What's with the bashing of the younger crowd driving 3rd gen WRX's?? Not all 20 something year olds are douches!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    bedintrudersodumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Not a single time have I ever raced anyone on the street.
    Is accelerating as hard as I can all the way to the posted speed limit, with someone in the other lane doing the same thing, "racing"? If not, then no, I've never raced on a street either.
    Not so much anymore.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Is accelerating as hard as I can all the way to the posted speed limit, with someone in the other lane doing the same thing, "racing"? If not, then no, I've never raced on a street either.
    It's exhibition of speed and equally as stupid as street racing.

I see SUVs and minivans doing it more than cars that were built for speed. Can't tell you how many minivans I see slamming it off the line at a red light. GOTTA GET TO THE GROCERY STORE NOW!!!!!
    Not so much anymore.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I see SUVs and minivans doing it more than cars that were built for speed. Can't tell you how many minivans I see slamming it off the line at a red light. GOTTA GET TO THE GROCERY STORE NOW!!!!!
    So that makes it ok for everyone to do it? Have fun explaining to the cops that you launched from the line because that mother of 4 next to you did the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.