Stage 2 wrx actual 0-60 times???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 wrx actual 0-60 times??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 04 wrx tuned cobb stage 2 with a few other parts. I was doing my 0-60 time ...

I have an 04 wrx tuned cobb stage 2 with a few other parts. I was doing my 0-60 time with the accessport, and found my best time to be a 6.1, with the launch control at 4800 rpm. The car seems to run really good, but 6.1 just sounds slow to me. Anybody have any real numbers with similar set ups? Could something be wrong with my car? Any info helps, thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should just go to a NHRA sanctioned track with actual timers. The numbers you get out of an AP are hugely inaccurate. They're probably so far off the function is useless.

You cant get your 0-60 time from a drag strip. Your 60' time read out you get is an indication of your traction. Not your 0-60 MPH speed. My best 60' at the drag strip in my Cobra is 1.64. My Cobra does not go from 0 to 60 MPH in 1.6 seconds. Its an indication of the amount of time it takes you to cover the first 60 feet, not MPH, thus being an indication of the traction your car is getting off the line. The only time your speed is printed out on the slip is at the 330 foot ( 1/8 mile) mark and 1320foot (1/4 mile) mark.
    Last edited by Venom351R; 11-06-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

There are a few apps out there that can get you a better guess since they use GPS... once again it wont be exact but it will be another way to test your 0-60 and get a decent idea.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Cool didnt even think of that thanks!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    You cant get your 0-60 time from a drag strip. Your 60' time read out you get is an indication of your traction. Not your 0-60 MPH speed. My best 60' at the drag strip in my Cobra is 1.64. My Cobra does not go from 0 to 60 MPH in 1.6 seconds. Its an indication of the amount of time it takes you to cover the first 60 feet, not MPH, thus being an indication of the traction your car is getting off the line. The only time your speed is printed out on the slip is at the 330 foot ( 1/8 mile) mark and 1320foot (1/4 mile) mark.
    That is not what Robin is saying...

Sheesh, jump to conclusions much?
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I understand that 60 foot, and 0-60 mile per hour are two completely different things. What I'm saying is that if you want an accurate measurement of your car's performance you need to take it to a drag strip. Besides, time is more a function of the driver, not the car anyways.

What you should be looking at is trap speed vs. the weight of your car.. If your trap speed is in line with other similarly modded cars (+ or - a few mph), then you know your car is performing up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That is not what Robin is saying...

Sheesh, jump to conclusions much?
    No. I responded to exactly what was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yeah, I understand that 60 foot, and 0-60 mile per hour are two completely different things. What I'm saying is that if you want an accurate measurement of your car's performance you need to take it to a drag strip. Besides, time is more a function of the driver, not the car anyways.

What you should be looking at is trap speed vs. the weight of your car.. If your trap speed is in line with other similarly modded cars (+ or - a few mph), then you know your car is performing up to par.
    The drag strip is a good indication of the cars over all performance as you did say, yet the OP is asking about 0-60 MPH time, which has nothing to do w/ the drag strip

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    The drag strip is a good indication of the cars over all performance as you did say, yet the OP is asking about 0-60 MPH time, which has nothing to do w/ the drag strip

I thought he was asking for other people's times for comparison sake and wanting to know if his car was performing properly? I said nothing about 0-60mph in my original post.. I guess I could have been clearer in stating that 0-60 is not a good indication, but I thought my suggestion to go to a strip pretty much covered that.

The OP's post can be a bit confusing as far as the meaning of as 0-60 MPH or 60' time. Unless the car is running on 1 cylinder or pulling a semi behind it there is no way it should have a 6.1 60'time so thats why I was under the assumption that the OP is talking about 0-60 MPH and also b/c the 60' time is not described as your 0-60'time just your as your 60' time. Even a car spinning all the way though 1 and second gear will still get a mid 2 second 60' time. So that's why I made the assumption that it was a 0-60 MPH question. Your statement about the drag strip is what made me decide to make the first post b/c if the OP is asking about the 0-60 MPH then that has nothing to do w/ the drag strip. I know what you mean by taking it there to see if it is running properly but if our car is running so bad that you take 6 seconds to cove 60' then I don't think you need the drag strip to figure that out

I Support ClubWRX
    lol.. I don't think anyone thought he was talking about 0-60'.

To me his questions seemed geared towards how his car is performing. Regardless of the fact that there is basically no correlation between 60' and 0-60mph times (no one is debating that), neither are a good measure of your car's performance.. more a measure of driver ability. Hence my suggestion to go to a strip, then he would have trap speed to compare, which is arguably the best indicator of the car's performance.

I simply thought he was asking about his 0mph to 60mph time was...other than that, my head now hurts.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

From this it appears to be from 4.5 - 5 seconds. I would suggest a few things from here.

1. Need to get better at driving the car

2. How is the general maintenance on it? Anything need to be done or over due to be replaced?

Seems as though its slower then it should be. If you wanted to take it to the track you could get your ET which would let you know your over all power/ health of your car as mainframe suggested but before going that route I would consider the other two options. If both are a non issue and you want to spend the money on track fees then Id give it a shot.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive recorded my 0-60mph at 4.9 secs
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Ive recorded my 0-60mph at 4.9 secs
    Here, I think I have a cookie you can have...
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast