Challenger Se Modified owner considering a 2013 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Challenger Se Modified owner considering a 2013 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am growing tired of My Challenger SE. Great Car for the past 3 years but need something with more ...

Challenger Se Modified owner considering a 2013 WRX

I am growing tired of My Challenger SE. Great Car for the past 3 years but need something with more utility.

I will be hauling family and surf gear. How functional is this car for surfing, snoeboarding, cycling? Enough room for your gear and some people?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you get a hatch, you should be set.
    '11 WRX DGM

I picked up a hatch about a month ago. I had a smaller car before with little to no room in the trunk and virtually no back seat. I picked up my 5door with the simple idea of, I can take everything I want, everywhere. And still bring passengers. The roof rack I picked up from the dealer didnt fit my bike (I got the fork mount, my bike is a down hill bike with wider forks than most) so I folded down the seats and put my beast of a bike in there. I have laid in it with the seats folded down, just to see if needed, if I could sleep in there. I am 6 foot tall and fit pretty well, and im sure with a rack you could take up to 6 snowboards, 2 bikes, 2 or 3 surfboards, 2 canoes or whatever perfectly. Add the room in the trunk and if able, the foldable seats, you have room for days and hp and driveabilty to go nearly anywhere you want. Also, with the rack, it fits the car well. It doesnt look out of place or awkward at all.

Just called AAA and apparently my insurance will go down 500 dollars with a new WRX.

The challengers are being stolen a lot now. Who knew? DGM 2013 Wrx will be ordered this week.

KHP
    Purchase the 5 door model.

Consider getting a roof rack and you should be able to fit all of your family, gear in the hatch, and bikes/snowboards/surfboards/etc... on the roof. I haul myself and three other coworkers comfortably skiing and snowboarding with everyone's gear and still have more room for 1 more person.

This has been the most fun and practical car I've ever owned. To be honest it hard to think of a car that has the same amount of utility and fun that this car has.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just remember, ~4 200lb occupants is about all the weight the car can hold with no gear.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Just remember, ~4 200lb occupants is about all the weight the car can hold with no gear.
    Good point. Thank god all of us were light weights lol.

Re: Challenger Se Modified owner considering a 2013 WRX

Sooo 800 pounds of cargo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    Sooo 800 pounds of cargo?
    The car can handle 900lbs total weight. Just walked to my car and looked it up. So 4 200 lbs guys each with 25lbs of gear.
    Last edited by KHP; 10-22-2012 at 02:09 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, it went up a skootch in the recent years. Mine is 800.

Ordered a Wrx Hatch DGM base with short throw. Factory rack or thule? Which one to buy.

Also Desiree at Irvin Subaru is the best.

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfari View Post
    Ordered a Wrx Hatch DGM base with short throw. Factory rack or thule? Which one to buy.
    Congrats on the car I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

Regarding roof racks you have a lot to choose from. I went with the Yakima system. I found that their round crossbars to be very structural and not flex very easily (compared to OEM). If i remember correctly the roof load capacity with the Yakima system is 160 lbs (with "Landing Pads" not the clips that attaches around the door sills). I did have to pay a price premium I found Yakima to be quite expensive. Other than the price I do not regret picking up my Yakima rack it has yet to fail me.

You should also look up "Inno" racks I know several people here have good experience with them as well. Price isn't too bad with them.
    I have no experience with Thule so I hope someone familiar with their rack system to chime in.

Below is my car and rack.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0254.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	109092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0193.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	109093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0203.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	109095
    Last edited by KHP; 10-22-2012 at 09:42 PM.

I got factory bars and front loader bike rack. Wish i woulda just got the bars and got after market bike rack though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like a nice ski area.

Wow. The rack looks good. I am thinking Yakima or Thule with inno rack attachments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.