09 wrx or 06 Mustang gt
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 wrx or 06 Mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I currently have an 06 Mustang gt with 7500 miles on it. Ive only owned for about 5 months. It ...

Talking 09 wrx or 06 Mustang gt

I currently have an 06 Mustang gt with 7500 miles on it. Ive only owned for about 5 months. It has Shorty headers, off road x pipe, slp axle backs, cai, and a bama tune. With the condition my current car is in Im thinking i could sell it and pick up an 09 wrx for about the same price. Im looking for something more practical and that I can drive in the winter so awd is a must. The sti is out of the question due to the price and I've read that the 09 wrx is just as fast as the sti anyway. The specs are pretty identical to the mustang, my question is would i be losing a lot of straight-line performance if any? I realize the handling is night and day between the two. And would it be worth it to sell it and buy an 09? Originally I was going to buy a wrx but i second guessed my self and went with the gt. Not really sure why, must have been on some serious drugs at the time. Also I just can't stand the Mustang label you get with driving one.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Flame-suit up.
    I'm not sure what the difference between 2006 GT and 2012 GT's are but its been discussed to hell here:
    2010 WRX vs. 2012 Mustang GT
    And other random threads.

They are very different cars, and while others will disagree neither could be said to be better or worse than the other, just different.

One is a rwd american muscle car with a beefy V8, the other an awd turbocharged 4 cylinder japanese economy car. Certainly the delivery of power will be quite different, but different doesn't mean better or worse. It just means different.

Any way you'd be able to go and test drive a wrx? It's really going to come down to personal preference, and driving one will help greatly with that decision.

That said, it seems like you've made your decision. You say that awd is a must, and also mention that you "must have been on serious drugs" when you bought the stang and that you don't like the persona associated with them.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

06 mustang gt has 4.6 v8 300 hp 320 lb of tq ....12 gt has 5.0 v8 412-420 HP and 390 lb-ft of torque and looks are different
    2012 Volkswagen 6spd man. GTI coupe BFI stage2 torque mount , H&R 24mm rear ARB, AFE STAGE 2 intake system, UR DP+ Magnaflow CBE, s3 shifter, neuspeed TOP and throttlebody pipe . UR mid-chassis brace. Unitronic Stage 2 software, Newsouth boostgauge

lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dimitri.jpg  

hahahaha

Anyone on here that has an 09 wrx have any run ins with a 05 to 09 gt, that generation, and what kind of results did you have?

What do you mean by "run ins?"
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Has anyone raced a 05-09 mustang gt ?

I like my transmission working

You just knew this was where this was going, right?

OP, dig thru the posts, you're likly to find something... It's just frowned upon to have street races and then post them here. We're adults, with enthusiast ( not to be equal to "racecar") cars and sure, we "play" sometimes, but "hush..."...
    BTW, if streetrace then at least make it in a school zone...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

ok sorry

All 4.6 mustangs are slooooooooooooow. So are the 5.0 mustangs, but at least they sound awesome!

I have a 2012 wrx same thing as a 09 other than the looks sort of but I drove a 06 mustang with the same mods and hated everything about it. The wrx is such a nicer car to drive compared to a 06 stang
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Gotcha, Thanks for the input guys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.