09 wrx or 06 Mustang gt - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 09 wrx or 06 Mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AlexWRX06 Maybe I'm coming in late here but this thread enticed me seeing as though I've owned ...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexWRX06 View Post
    Maybe I'm coming in late here but this thread enticed me seeing as though I've owned two Mustangs and my dad currently owns a 2007 Mustang GT.

So my first was a 1988 GT, second a 2001 3.8l that I just sold a month ago for my current ride (2006 WRX if my SN didn't give it away) Night and day difference going from either of those cars to my WRX. I realize that has nothing to do with this thread but that's my back story.

Drove my dad to the airport the other day in his 07 GT and then to get brake pads put on it. Given that the GT is an automatic and my WRX is manual, I know that there are differences BUT: the Mustang felt sluggish on the pedal, the brakes felt like sponges (come to find out the pads had 50% left in them, so I wouldn't attribute it to that), and the seat, shifter, steering wheel arrangement isn't to my liking anymore whatsoever. It also puzzles me how the 06 WRX has 70(factory listed)horsepower less than the Mustang and is only 400lbs lighter yet the WRX is slightly slower in the 0-60 and equal in the 1/4 mile. I'm no car genius but these are just my observations. I could never make myself go back to the Mustang after owning my WRX. Handling, quickness, and comfort all seem miles ahead in the Subie.

I can't speak for the year model WRX originally asked about but surely the WRX has been improved since 06.
    Having owned a Mustang in winter is the main reason I passed on the 5.0(I get the Z plan discount) My last one would literally get stuck in 3 inches of snow..Absolutely horrendous cars in foul weather. I remember days like these

Ford Mustang gets stuck =( - YouTube
    Last edited by kritzell; 03-27-2013 at 09:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Cripe I launch like an old man and still have never trapped below 100MPH.
    It's doubtful that you would in an earlier model WRX, which is what's been discussed for the last few posts. When the car was introduced here in the US in 2002, typical magazine tests were 14.3ish at 95mph.
    That said, you must know how to drive your car at the strip. That's a good trap speed.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm thinking that's the main factor in the "I just pwned a V8!!1!!" stories we hear.
    I wonder how many of the pwnt V8 drivers didn't even know they were racing? In other words the 4 banger exercising maximum pwnage was more than likely involved in a one car race in their own mind.

Just last week, while returning from a meeting, I had TWO different corvette drivers trying to bait me into a street race. At least that is what I think it was... They slowed down to my speed, and revved their V8s over and over again. I just looked at them, shook my head no, and gave each of them a thumbs up on their cars. I know that shirt and tie I was wearing couldn't have screamed "street racer" and am still wondering WTF that was all about... I have a hard time believing that I could encounter TWO jerk corvette drivers on the same stretch of public road.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    I wonder how many of the pwnt V8 drivers didn't even know they were racing? In other words the 4 banger exercising maximum pwnage was more than likely involved in a one car race in their own mind.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying, as well.

Years ago when I had my MR2T, a guy in a Honda Accord came alongside on a piece of our local freeway. He revved his engine, pointed, revved his engine, pointed..I just shook my head. I have a family to support; a streetracing ticket is the last thing I need. So he hits the gas hard, pulls about 5 car lengths on me, (I'm still going 70mph), and hits his hazards to announce his victory. I always wondered if he posted his "kill" on an Accord forum, that evening.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    and hits his hazards to announce his victory. I always wondered if he posted his "kill" on an Accord forum, that evening.
    That happened to me back in the Integra days...some dude in a Cavalier

I in no way tried to race my automatic slow Integra LS. What the hell would I prove to a Cavalier? That my 150hp (I had an intake!!!! lulz) could go equally as slow in a street race as a Cavalier? So many idiots out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    Cripe I launch like an old man and still have never trapped below 100MPH. 10 passes at Norwalk have been 100.3(lowest)to 101.8(highest)
    Those are very consistent times. Excellent job. 2006 WRXs trapped about 96mph stock. 2L WRXs around 95mph.

Beamed at your face at approx. 186,000 miles per second via DROID BIONIC
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345