Views after a couple of months!

This is a discussion on Views after a couple of months! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Due to a back issue I had to sell my wrangler (man I loved that thing and I sure do ...

Due to a back issue I had to sell my wrangler (man I loved that thing and I sure do miss it a lot) I ended up coughing up the dough and buying a brand new 2012 WRX satin white pearl sedan. I absolutely love this car more then the jeep! The only options it has are the Short throw shifter and the boost gauge, I paid 24,908 which for brand new i thought was a great price! Ive already done quite a few mods to it, using some LED's painted the intercooler dont really have any money for any true performance mods yet. I dont like the headlights in the 12's wish it had the same black housing as the 11's. Car drives like a dream, quite fast too.. Im a detailer so I have a TON of stuff since i do mobile and surprisingly it ALL fits in the truck! There are a couple of things I would like to change but they are very minor and does not affect me liking the car! Way to go subaru!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congratulations on the upgrade. It's a great looking car. We went from a Wrangler Unlimited to a WRX and according to Jeep people the only reason I didn't like the Jeep was I didn't understand it. Sure...

A lot of those minor aesthetic issues can be resolved DIY for very little cash, because Subaru needs help in the aesthetics department. There is a thread called The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread or something with tons of tweaks you can do one afternoon at a time. I have undergone some changes on mine and it gives it a personalized feel.

Congratulations again.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rummie View Post
    Congratulations on the upgrade. It's a great looking car. We went from a Wrangler Unlimited to a WRX and according to Jeep people the only reason I didn't like the Jeep was I didn't understand it. Sure...

A lot of those minor aesthetic issues can be resolved DIY for very little cash, because Subaru needs help in the aesthetics department. There is a thread called The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread or something with tons of tweaks you can do one afternoon at a time. I have undergone some changes on mine and it gives it a personalized feel.

Congratulations again.
    TBH maybe you didnt understand the jeep, It is a PURPOSE built vehicle. A lot of people are under the impression that its a good daily driver/ normal car. It really lacks on being a normal car... I used to take it off roading 1-2 times per week, my subaru could never handle that. the only problem i ever had with the jeep was the clutch other then that nothing ever broke on it even with the crazy abuse I put it through. Its a tough car to understand and it just wasn't practical seeing my back problems and the gas milage on my 60 mile commute everyday. The subaru is very stylish and i like it a lot!

Yeah ive done quite a bit "personalizing" already lol. Blacked out all the emblems and yes ive gone through that thread a couple of times!

I was honestly aware of the Jeeps purpose. The fixed axles and blah blah blah. And I maintain a well built Wrangler (2 door) is one of the best times you can have behind a wheel. The four door is a farce... its like an H2, relying on its predecessors good name without delivering the goods.

My issues were not that it wasn't a Q7 or Tahoe or whatever SUV is popular this week with mothers of 1 child. My issues were that it was a crappy car no matter what anyone says about it being purpose built it still has to do its primary job first, daily transportation, and that is where the Wrangler Unlimited fell way short. From multiple mechanical and electrical recalls to horrid service to just being cheap (my 09 Impreza is better equipped) to an underpowered engine that makes a Prius look zippy (I heard they fixed it the '12s) to the worst transmission I can remember. We bought it knowing it would be an overpriced gas guzzling lumbering ox of a people mover and every mile in it was just awful. We didn't sell it because the ride was rough or it was expensive to keep gassed. We sold it because it was a terrible vehicle and it could barely function on roads. Off road may be where Jeeps excel, but would you really want to when paved roads clearly are too much for a purpose built vehicle? Once we bought new tires, that is, to leave roads behind because the purpose built vehicle came with street tires...

I would love to have my old CJ with a 327 in it back but rust is an evil monster that even Jeeps can't tackle forever.

I forgot to mention, there wasn't enough room for me and a rear facing car seat to ride on the same side of the vehicle, buyer beware on that one... the interior is claustrophobic.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Lol yeah the 4doors are a joke.. I had a 2dr and I never had any electrical problems and I had the 6speed with 4:10 gearing and 33x12.5 tires and it picked up pretty good.. Tbh every dealer is different mine replaced my clutch for me 3 times under warrantee no questions asked. Kept getting mud in them ;( but yes for a couple thousand more then my jeep I got a lovey wrx which has all the features stock that my jeep didn't have, power mirrors, locks, windows, nice radio, comfortable seats lots of room. Did i mention never go on road trips with the jeep? There's NO space... The only thing it was good for is going anywhere almost no other cars could get. On the pavement it sucked. Got over 60mph can't have a conversation, get 10mpg at 75mph, uncomfortable the pros and cons go on and on and on. If I has the extra money I would buy one as a trail rig