2013Focus ST vs 2013 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2013Focus ST vs 2013 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pool Runner While this car is cool no doubt it will never be as durable a WRX, ...

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    While this car is cool no doubt it will never be as durable a WRX, that nice interior will look like complete crap in no time, the Sync will have tons of glitches ( I have Sync in my F-150 and it works right 80% time) Since at the core it's still a Focus and resale value will completely blow because of it.
    Maybe so, but my 2011 WRX with 7000 miles sounds like it has 50K miles with all the rattles and everything coming from it. The dealer just keeps insulating things, which isn't really solving the problem. Then he told me to "just deal with it, it's a WRX", which is completely unacceptable. They've got one more chance to fix it before I get SOA involved.

You're probably right about resale value though. I had an SVT Contour back in the day, and got absolutely hosed when it came time to sell it. The WRX seems to hold it's value fairly well!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    Maybe so, but my 2011 WRX with 7000 miles sounds like it has 50K miles with all the rattles and everything coming from it. The dealer just keeps insulating things, which isn't really solving the problem. Then he told me to "just deal with it, it's a WRX", which is completely unacceptable. They've got one more chance to fix it before I get SOA involved.

You're probably right about resale value though. I had an SVT Contour back in the day, and got absolutely hosed when it came time to sell it. The WRX seems to hold it's value fairly well!
    I just deal with my car squeaking and rattling, plus my exhaust drowns out most of it. seems to be a common problem with subarus so if its not gonna hurt anything its not worth me telling them, but thats my opinion.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    I WANT to like, or even buy, a Ford at some point. They have some nice offerings, and seem to innovate more than other domestic manufacturers. I've rented many of them, over the years, and though some have left me with a somewhat favorable impression, I've never turned it back in to Hertz saying "OMG I need to own that car!"

Also, the late '90's Ranger that I DD in is a real contender for "worst build quality of any car I've ever owned". I'll give it credit for continuing to run (I have dumped a little money into it), but the inside is complete junk, and there seem to be no end to the random electrical glitches.

Hopefully something will convince me to give a domestic a chance. I'd love to put some money into Detroit.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I sat in a 2013 ST before I bought my 13 WRX and I was instanty totally against it.

#1. Im 6'6" and by the time I got the driver seat comfortably in place there was absolutely no room for the rear seats (As in like 2" between the back of the driver seat and the front edge of the rear seats. A car seat would be super tight.)
    #2. I hated the design of the dash. It felt like it was in my face.
    #3. The cargo area is small IMO.
    #4. The interior of the car feels very small and tight.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlystang View Post
    I sat in a 2013 ST before I bought my 13 WRX and I was instanty totally against it.

#1. Im 6'6" and by the time I got the driver seat comfortably in place there was absolutely no room for the rear seats (As in like 2" between the back of the driver seat and the front edge of the rear seats. A car seat would be super tight.)
    #2. I hated the design of the dash. It felt like it was in my face.
    #3. The cargo area is small IMO.
    #4. The interior of the car feels very small and tight.
    One of my biggest gripes were the dash too! I hate all these new spaceship inspired dashboards (Honda, Ford, Hyundai) I'm looking at you. One reason I nixed the Civic Si sedan off my list early on.

Many people criticize the Impreza/WRX dash and interior, but its one redeeming quality about the car I really like and welcome amongst the sea of over complicated, button crazy and space-shuttle like interiors. I like the simplicity and down to business layout in the same fashion I love an old MG, E30 M3, Porsche 911 interior.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

One of my biggest gripes were the dash too! I hate all these new spaceship inspired dashboards (Honda, Ford, Hyundai) I'm looking at you. One reason I nixed the Civic Si sedan off my list early on.

Many people criticize the Impreza/WRX dash and interior, but its one redeeming quality about the car I really like and welcome amongst the sea of over complicated, button crazy and space-shuttle like interiors. I like the simplicity and down to business layout in the same fashion I love an old MG, E30 M3, Porsche 911 interior.
    After I wrecked my Eclipse, I was given a Dodge Charger as a rental for about a week. I felt the same way about the dash in that one as what you are saying. It was very busy and had a lot of gadgets. IMO, all that stuff has no business in the cockpit. I found it way to easy to get distracted messing around with checking the fuel economy, checking the outside temp, or looking at the tire pressure, among other things that it could display.
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I really just prefer a dash cluster with gauges telling you the essential information, like amps, oil pressure and engine temp. Very few cars have these any more. Plus I prefer the dial types vs digital, but the new digital dials look nice.
    I like the Subie's dash, but was disappointed the STi didn't come with a boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    After I wrecked my Eclipse, I was given a Dodge Charger as a rental for about a week. I felt the same way about the dash in that one as what you are saying. It was very busy and had a lot of gadgets. IMO, all that stuff has no business in the cockpit. I found it way to easy to get distracted messing around with checking the fuel economy, checking the outside temp, or looking at the tire pressure, among other things that it could display.
    Maybe I'm getting old, but I really just prefer a dash cluster with gauges telling you the essential information, like amps, oil pressure and engine temp. Very few cars have these any more. Plus I prefer the dial types vs digital, but the new digital dials look nice.
    I like the Subie's dash, but was disappointed the STi didn't come with a boost gauge.
    I agree with the missing boost gauge, even some un- performance oriented turbo powered cars have them included with the cluster. As much as I want to talk myself into getting the Subaru accessory boost gauge I hate the way it installs like a cheap aftermarket part on the outside of the gauge cluster shade. Even the cheaper Mazdaspeed 3 had a digital boost gauge built in that was kind of neat.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Re: 2013Focus ST vs 2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by STI*NG View Post
    I was considering the a charger r/t before I got the wrx and I remember power was decent I like the size but the dash is what killed it for me I said I wanted the hemi with the basic interior no touch screen. And was told they don't make em that way so basicly your stuck paying almost 3 grand more for a car just to get some cool guy gadgets I don't want. Sales man said a study was done on 18-30 year old males on what they wanted in a car 1. Was fuel economy 2. Was technology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

It was discussed before. But Subaru EJ motors are technically a Hemi's. It has a hemispherical head... so you did get a Hemi =P

The gauge adds to the awe factor. Last Thursday I gave a classmate a ride, convo went like this:
    Him: What's that gauge for?
    Me: The turbo.
    Him: WHA?! WRX's are turbo'd?
    Me: Yeah!
    Him: So what's up with the Boxer motor? Is it under some kind of contract from Porsche?

Kids, these days...

Posted from a fone.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    It was discussed before. But Subaru EJ motors are technically a Hemi's. It has a hemispherical head... so you did get a Hemi =P

The gauge adds to the awe factor. Last Thursday I gave a classmate a ride, convo went like this:
    Him: What's that gauge for?
    Me: The turbo.
    Him: WHA?! WRX's are turbo'd?
    Me: Yeah!
    Him: So what's up with the Boxer motor? Is it under some kind of contract from Porsche?

Kids, these days...

Posted from a fone.
    I never thought of it like that. Kudos to you sir kudos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

Ya it was cluttered but i felt the center dash was literally in my face, kinda like the instrument panel and cd
    player "wrapped" around the right side of the steering wheel encroaching on the seating.... if that makes sense lol
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    yup after 17yrs of every gen impreza all modded to some for of FUN-ness , while i wait for the next gen wrx / sti (which seems yrs away '14 or '15) , i figured now was a great time to try the competition.

went from a STI hatch to a '10 Mitsu Ralliart

i wish subaru would offer recaros (they do every other country) except here(US)
    and maybe even they would offer the getrac manumatic /paddle shifting gearbox that the ralliart has i have to admit as my first ever automatic it was fricken awesome.
    1 more strange thing it has the same offset and pcd as the STI..hence the Prodrive GC05's on mine which were on my STI hatch

As for the Focus ST with the recaros and just fwd its a great point n shoot car another nice 6spd getrac gearbox and also a nice light clutch pedal and the overboost in any gear esp 6th for highway overtaking is impressive ...

also as mentioned 2014 sees the smaller fiesta ST and also a 350hp Focus RS arriving ! ....now the RS may be a better car to compare to the STI.

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    I just deal with my car squeaking and rattling, plus my exhaust drowns out most of it. seems to be a common problem with subarus so if its not gonna hurt anything its not worth me telling them, but thats my opinion.
    Trust me, if I could deal with it I would, but this noise coming from the dash / a-pillars is driving me CRAZY! Every bump sets it off, and you can hear it even with the radio way up. Hopefully they'll sort it out on Monday, fingers crossed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12