Comparison 2011 STi and 2012 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Comparison 2011 STi and 2012 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I also don't have any rattles other than the privacy cover bar in the trunk (11 hatch) and my things ...

I also don't have any rattles other than the privacy cover bar in the trunk (11 hatch) and my things in the door tray. Soda cans also produce a weird rattle in the center cup holders.

The WRX is poorly dampened at higher speeds and can bottom out at times over uneven freeway surfaces so you may need to upgrade your suspension if you have neck/back issues.

I've been researching on upgrading my suspension to the Gtworx setup + FR sways and bushings. While researching, I noticed many STI owners are also doing similar suspension upgrades and wonder how different the stock STI suspension/ handling is in everyday conditions to the WRX's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 08-10(non-SE) STi have the same spring rate as the 09-current WRX. So that may explain them upgrading their springs. The 11-current STi have stiffer spring rates.
    Current- 11 WRX STi Hatchback
    Sold- 09 G37x Coupe
    Sold- 92 Civic Ex
    Totaled- 08 WRX Premium
    Sold- 02 IS 300

My friend drove a WRX and said that it has a lot of body roll and understeer - he has two cars though and they're both RWD. Anything that can be done to fix the body roll and understeer issue?

Quote Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
    My friend drove a WRX and said that it has a lot of body roll and understeer - he has two cars though and they're both RWD. Anything that can be done to fix the body roll and understeer issue?
    Front / rear sways and springs
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    Front / rear sways and springs
    +1. Custom alignment is supposed to help the handling quite a bit as well.

There will always be issues with understeer though. That's what you get when the engine is practically in the trunk of the car in front of you.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandisher View Post
    The 08-10(non-SE) STi have the same spring rate as the 09-current WRX. So that may explain them upgrading their springs. The 11-current STi have stiffer spring rates.
    The stiffer springs in the newer STi's still aren't much to boast about. The cars will still benefit a lot from some nice springs. RCE comes to mind.

Keep in mind, other than spring rate and suspension issues, the STi has a different driveline than the WRX. Front and rear torsen differentials will help out a lot with that stuff before a wheel even starts to slip.

As stated above, a custom alignment with as much front camber as possible will definitely help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12