12(ej255) vs evo x - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

This is a discussion on 12(ej255) vs evo x within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by xFalleNx Well HIDs will get you flamed around here pretty good. Everyone knows the issues there..... Despite ...

  1. #16
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,545
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Well HIDs will get you flamed around here pretty good. Everyone knows the issues there.....

    Despite a DP being one of the most common mods, people are made aware that it is an illegal mod technically.

    This difference between HIDs/DP and street racing, is that when you streetrace, you're putting peoples lives at risk....My DP isn't causing potential harm to anyone.
    Yep
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User SubiEj255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    they dont put others in danger.
    That's not the point. The point is they are all illegal. Your argument is invalid.

    I'm not responding anymore. The mods can lock this up.
    A car is only as good as its driver
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #18
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Well HIDs will get you flamed around here pretty good. Everyone knows the issues there.....

    Despite a DP being one of the most common mods, people are made aware that it is an illegal mod technically.

    This difference between HIDs/DP and street racing, is that when you streetrace, you're putting peoples lives at risk....My DP isn't causing potential harm to anyone.
    What he and Phobic said.

    And to be nitpicky, there have been discussions on this board about aftermarket HID conversions and the potential danger they can present to other drivers.

    Long story short, on this board, trying to defend street racing as "ok" is not going to get you very far. We all generally agree that it is not a responsible/safe/smart thing to do.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #19
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,545
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiEj255 View Post
    That's not the point. The point is they are all illegal. Your argument is invalid.

    I'm not responding anymore. The mods can lock this up.
    LOL the "your argument is invalid" argument. Easiest way to say "I have no other points worth making so I'm just going to say you're wrong."
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #20
    Registered User Phobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    566
    unless you beat someone with it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #21
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiEj255 View Post
    That's not the point. The point is they are all illegal. Your argument is invalid.

    .
    No, your point is that they're illegal, which I agreed with. The reason you will get such a negative response from posting about streetracing is answered in my last post. Please read it again, and try to understand the point I made.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #22
    Registered User Phobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    566
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #23
    Registered User maus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    LOL the "your argument is invalid" argument. Easiest way to say "I have no other points worth making so I'm just going to say you're wrong."
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #24
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,641
    I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #25
    Registered User Phobic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    566
    (NWS out of Off Topic)
    -Sinister

    Last edited by Phobic; 09-11-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: nws
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #26
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,428
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Alright, let's take it easy.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #27
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,967
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    (NWS out of Off Topic)
    -Sinister

    For the football fans: This was a fair result. PL not only failed to capitalize on a GR side that had to play half the match whilst one man down, but their goalie made several crucial errors, including misjudged exits for no reason. Had GR been a full team the result might have been quite more severe for PL.

    For the car fans: Street racing stories and videos have generally resulted in flame fests. I would urge everyone to keep it cool and civil, and to have a look at the rules.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #28
    \_(ツ)_/ Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,130
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    For the car fans: Street racing stories and videos have generally resulted in flame fests. I would urge everyone to keep it cool and civil, and to have a look at the rules.
    Sound advice.

    On a related and more cheerful note, I wonder how a WRX would fare against a Camaro on a track? I imagine the ZL1 Camaro with electronic suspension would be dominant, but what about a base Camaro vs. a base WRX?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

    The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #29
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,967
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Sound advice.

    On a related and more cheerful note, I wonder how a WRX would fare against a Camaro on a track? I imagine the ZL1 Camaro with electronic suspension would be dominant, but what about a base Camaro vs. a base WRX?
    I would imagine a driver's race, depending on the track. The Impreza would gain advantage on tracks with lots of chicanes, provided the esses are open and not too closed, and provided grip is at a premium. Such a setup would not favour top end power or low end grunt, and understeer would not be a large disadvantage. The more open and grippy the course, the less likely I'd find an Impreza doing all that well. Just IMO. (The way I think of it, I can't picture myself in a STi beating Niki Lauda in a 55 HP VW Polo, for example).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #30
    \_(ツ)_/ Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    5,130
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I would imagine a driver's race, depending on the track. The Impreza would gain advantage on tracks with lots of chicanes, provided the esses are open and not too closed, and provided grip is at a premium. Such a setup would not favour top end power or low end grunt, and understeer would not be a large disadvantage. The more open and grippy the course, the less likely I'd find an Impreza doing all that well. Just IMO. (The way I think of it, I can't picture myself in a STi beating Niki Lauda in a 55 HP VW Polo, for example).
    That's what I was thinking. Le Mans, for example, would be very favorable to the higher-powered Camaro, but a tighter course (Silverstone, maybe?) would favor the WRX.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

    The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •