Observations after 6 months of 2012 WRX Premium - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Observations after 6 months of 2012 WRX Premium within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't know, maybe it's just me...but I thought going from a 6 speed back to a 5 speed would ...

I don't know, maybe it's just me...but I thought going from a 6 speed back to a 5 speed would be less than optimal. I'm finding out that with the flexibility of the motor, and the ratios of the 5 speed gearbox, I don't miss having a 6th.

I'm not doing any hardcore racing, or track days.....so keeping it up on full song all the time is not so important to me. For general sporting use, I think the 5 speed works just fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I found the OP an interesting read. What I drive now is very close to OP's 06 GTI, I'm considering a new WRX.
    - mikey

2013 WRX | DGM | GR | FACTORY STOCK

The comparison part is interesting, the observations seemed a bit daffy or redundant. Everything observed is common knowledge and/or extremely evident in the showroom and test drive. And yet the OP seemed surprised and even a little offended. I got the impression, as well as others, he didn't like the car he bought and then was very defensive of his dissatisfaction. Caveat Emptor.

I sincerely hope he finds what he is looking for, even if it is in that cheap interior. It only took 2 blizzards for me to come to terms with Subaru's choices, one in an MS3, and the very next one in an OBS. WRX was just a logical step even though I no longer live in blizzard country. Just need to hit up tirerack.com for a nice winter set (of which there are dozens of choices) or maybe some Continental DWS... mmmm all weather tires... great at nothing unless being average at stuff is something to be great at.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

Re: Observations after 6 months of 2012 WRX Premium

I came from an 08 Acura MDX and into my 13 limited. Yes, the interiors are worlds apart, but the WRX interior isn't all that bad, especially with the leather. You forget all about the interior when you are whipping around a turn or mashing the throttle on back country roads. I'll take a car that is a blast to drive over one that is just comfy to take a highway trip in. My WRX has made me fall in love with driving again.

After reading the OP along with all these replies, i feel all the bad reviews and so called "haters" of WRX/STi's seem to be a little harsh on them. Subies are known for their notorius rumble, reliability, good pull and speed, fun drivability, and most of all the love between a subie and the owner.

if youre looking for a car with a quiet cabin noise and good speakers, i can recommend my 09 Toyota Tacoma, thing is amazing the stock speakers are great !

i went from a 02 civic ex coupe to a 12 wrx limted

MY OBSERVATIONS

Everything is better.

LOL

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    To me the WRX/STI is a car you buy because you love to DRIVE IT. I can honestly say that when I was buying I never gave a damn about the radio or the materials used in the interior, much less the power of the interior button illumintaion. The car has power, handles very well, and is an absolute blast to drive. If I wanted creature comforts I would have looked elsewhere, but for me the WRX was the one of the best priced cars out there for the enthusiast, based on what it is really built for. Is there competition ... of course there is, and each has it's merits - but that's why you have to give real thought to your purchase and know what it is you really value (power, performance, handling, comfort, safety, etc).

As for me - no regrets - I bought it to DRIVE IT.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567