Observations after 6 months of 2012 WRX Premium - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Observations after 6 months of 2012 WRX Premium within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was just think about doing this to my wrx too..........

Observations after 6 months of 2012 WRX Premium

I was just think about doing this to my wrx too.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    The J key is a deal breaker though. How could they possibly think to build a car with a J key that just falls off when you mash it a couple of times. I almost returned the car on the spot because I didn't think I should have to bother to push it back on!
    WTH is a "J key" (besides the one I have just used twice in this sentence)?
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    WTH is a "J key" (besides the one I have just used twice in this sentence)?
    A long time ago a member with fashionable hair received a costly laptop as a gift. The J key malfunctioned, and the member stated someone would feel his wrath, and that speaking to anyone not a manager was a waste of time.

These statements did not yield as much sympathy as one might think; in fact they initially went over worse than flatulence at a funeral. Later the attitude went from scorn to ridicule, and the thread is now historic. A search might turn it up even today, years later.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    A long time ago a member with fashionable hair received a costly laptop as a gift. The J key malfunctioned, and the member stated someone would feel his wrath, and that speaking to anyone not a manager was a waste of time.

These statements did not yield as much sympathy as one might think; in fact they initially went over worse than flatulence at a funeral. Later the attitude went from scorn to ridicule, and the thread is now historic. A search might turn it up even today, years later.
    Ah, okay. Yeah, google was about as useful as **** on a boar for the search. I am now seeing plenty of references to this "J key" around the forum, as well as some member who's name was "missing J key" and had 1 post in '06, sounds like it was him. Currently working on hunting down this thread you speak of..... And no, I won't bring it back from the dead, I'm not that type of guy.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX

I can't tell if I'm linking the thread or the post, but:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/1509415-post.html

Sorry for the off topic. Brace yourself, the thread takes no prisoners.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX

So what I've gotten from this thread is that I agree the interior is meh which is what I was holding back on when I bought the car. And that I just found out that I can't reset my TPMS myself after I just got new wheels from a forum member.

Oh and I'm glad my wife owns an '08 GTI so I get to have creature comforts every so often and then "drop the WRX into 2nd and mash the pedal". Especially since I just tuned the WRX to 299hp/323tq. Also I can say boo to VW quality from her '02 Jetta and its stupid wiring and the '08s ****ty dsg transmission which has been replaced and has had 3 "updates".

It's both, technically, and I have a feeling already that I'm going to get a minor amount of amusement and large amount of facepalms from it. Thanks, I think, lol.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX

VAGs don't inspire the confidence they once did in my view, and it's a shame. I was looking at a Hyundai interior today, and Subaru have a few things to learn.

VAGs don't inspire the confidence they once did in my view, and it's a shame. I was looking at a Hyundai interior today, and Subaru have a few things to learn.
    I agree with this, I recently have helped a few people with car purchases and it's amazing what Hyundai/Kia are now offering for the money. Now, I understand that you can't have it all and I am perfectly fine with having bought a very nice drivetrain with some kinda car around it, but Hyundai/Kia have really stepped up the game for relatively inexpensive cars.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Whew... I don't know, maybe my expectations were low, but I love my 09 STi. I just purchased it a couple weeks ago after wrecking my 03 Eclipse (which I had for 8 years and loved) and I think it's pretty nicely finished overall.
    My wife set the specs for my new car stating that it had to have 4 doors. My wants were pretty simple. Something somewhat sporty (looking) with a manual transmission and a hatchback. After much searching, the only thing that kept coming up was the WRX or STi. I could not locate any 4 door "sport hatchbacks" with a manual tranny... After driving a WRX and an STi I was sold and she likes it too.
    Here's my new owners take:
    It's not terribly fancy, but I really didn't want that in a performance car anyways. All the buttons. knobs, etc are in the right place. The stereo is passable, and has steering wheel mounted controls as well as cruise. I haven't noticed any rattles or squeaks and interior noise is also acceptable on the freeway. I find the seats and ride to be pretty comfortable, there's plenty of head room (I'm 6'5") and it can easily fit my family. It also happens to be pretty quick and handles VERY well.
    The only "gadget" I wish would've come stock is a boost gauge, and that's mostly a gee-whiz thing for me. I've enjoyed driving it so far and the reviews I've read label it as pretty reliable, hopefully this holds true. Maybe my opinion will change after I have it for awhile though I hope not as I'm planning to hang onto it...

I like my new WRX, it goes vroom.

I could have spent the money on a Hyundai Sonata with a load of features and 34 mpg (sure)... but then I would own a Hyundai...
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummie View Post
    ... but then I would own a Hyundai...
    Yep, and "made in Japan" was a huge joke when I was a kid.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yep, and "made in Japan" was a huge joke when I was a kid.
    +1

Yet Hyundais are quickly becoming some of the best made, and more affordable cars out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

The Japanese could take some cues from the Koreans, they make really nice looking cars. The whole lot, miles from when they first landed here a decade ago. My wife and I both test drove Hyundais and Kias both and they are really quite nice but once you got the power and the equipment, here in OKC, it was over 34k with a substantial "market adjustment" and in the end i just wanted a more powerful version of what i had... with a power moonroof.

My wife still might get a Sonata. And I for one would enjoy it.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.