socal: watch out for this Cocky Mini cooper!

This is a discussion on socal: watch out for this Cocky Mini cooper! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; driving home from orange county the other night i crossed paths with this red mini with a black roof, obviously ...

socal: watch out for this Cocky Mini cooper!

driving home from orange county the other night i crossed paths with this red mini with a black roof, obviously modified ( it was dropped , running on 18s, and had the mini aero kit ) and some kind of exhaust that made it sound mighty for a mini.

but the thing that caught my attention to this otherwise fairly normal mini cooper. was his license plate.

it says : IEATWRX

now that right there made me want to jump out and kick him LOL. but since i was on the freeway i clearly had to restrain myself.

watch out for this guy!
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im not sure how mod friendly mini's are but i think they should take well to them. A boosted engine is always easy to mod.

I test drove a 2003 mini cooper s the other day for my sister because she cant drive manual...yet. It seemed fastr than my stock wrx. With that being said my cobb 2 felt lots faster. But that car was fun to drive, felt like driving a go-cart!
    Cobb Stage 2

my old roommate has an 04 cooper S, which is stock. and i drove it extensively.
    at the time it was leagues quicker than my car ( passat 1.8T ) however, theres no way in hell his stock mini could overtake my stock 06 wrx. theres just no way, the wrx feels so much faster. plus just look at the numbers and the times. almost every auto magazine couldnt pull better than a 7.5sec 0-60, the cooper may feel fast and be fairly nimble, but in the real world feeling fast and really going fast are two different things.

i have no clue how much work the guy had done to his mini, and i do know they are capable of somewhere in the high 200hp range i imagine if he had his tuned to that kind of level it probably would jump all over our cars, due to its size and weight.

but still.. what a cocky b@stard
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

hmm throw a different pulley on there and we are talking a hole new ball game
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

My friend has a modded Cooper S. It's fun but not even as fast as my brother's 2002 WRX wagon. He has an upgraded pulley, cat-back exhaust, I think header, definite intake and some other goodies too. Brother's wagon is stock. He doesn't even try to run my STi.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

My cousin has Mini Cooper S. Acceleration didn't impress me at all. It felt even slower than stock WRX... Car was designed for handling and it clearly shows.

ya well power to weight ratio is ridiculous.. i've seen a boosted mini running 300whp.

i would love to take that for a spin
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I don't like Minis much, but I drove a modded one. Very nice to drive and it handles like a champ. So far, minis haven't been able to keep up w/ me or my friend's STI's, EVO's, etc. Fun little car, but I just think chick car everytime I see it still. Dunno why, but I do.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.