Legal street racing!?

This is a discussion on Legal street racing!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A new organization just popped up in my region. It's called street racing made safe. I'll post a video for ...

Legal street racing!?

A new organization just popped up in my region. It's called street racing made safe. I'll post a video for you guys to check out. It's pretty cool and a good idea to keep street racers off the road.

Boost Films SFL - Street Racing Made Safe July 1st 2012 Pt 1 [HD] - YouTube

Yellow bugeye in this one >>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfeOV...feature=relmfu

Here is their website>>> http://www.streetracingmadesafe.com/

Their about us:

Our company is a non-profit corporation and your best resource for making street racing a fun and safe sport.The S.R.M.S. program provides facts, statistics, hazards and fines associated with street racing. Education and simulation through safe practices and regulations will reduce and hopefully eliminate street racing.

The Street Racing Made Safe program was desinged with a goal of eliminating street racing on public roads. Upon successful implementation of this program across the nation, we could potentially save some of the thousands of people a year that die from street racing. The program was designed to simulate street racing in a safe location with every option of street racing at its best.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by nattywrx; 07-05-2012 at 06:35 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    so, i'm assuming they get permission from the city or whoever to shut down the street or something? i wish they explained more about the organization in the video.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    so, i'm assuming they get permission from the city or whoever to shut down the street or something? i wish they explained more about the organization in the video.
    I added their website. No they actually rented out the countyline track and used the track to do the runs. However, I know the man who organized the event and started it wants the organization to slowly grow over time and wants it to spread over the nation. Now is that going to happen who knows? But I still think it's a pretty good idea in general.
    Last edited by nattywrx; 07-05-2012 at 06:48 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Uh, this really isn't anything new... My local track has offered Friday Night Drags for years. It's like $20 for unlimited 1/4 mile drags until they close. Anyone with a car and driver's license can do it. They have a quick tech inspection, just to be sure you have seatbelts and your car isn't going to explode, and then have it.

They require helmets for cars running 13s and under, then rollcages and other stuff for cars running 10s and below.

It's really fun to watch match ups like a '93 Supra against a Chevelle. I also watched a Tesla vs. Corvette, and other interesting races.

I raced a few times there (not in the bugeye), really cheap thrills.
    Last edited by Rambo; 07-05-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

We have something similar in Buffalo. Local 1/8th mile has Test and Tune on Tuesdays, all you can run open til close for like $15-$20, then Wednesday night is the cruise night (park the cars on the circle track and the infield, along with bikes in the pit lane), and the drag strip is $5 a run to race whoever and whatever you want. We regularly have quads, sleds, bar stools, cars, trucks, diesels, etc... Not uncommon to see a full race Nova go up against a Volvo, or a Diesel running in the 6's (1/8 mile remember) spank a 1K cc superbike.

That said, the cops issue more tickets for street racing those nights the strip is open than the rest of the week combined. Idiots will be idiots, on or off the track...

Quote Originally Posted by MotorOilMcCall View Post
    We have something similar in Buffalo. Local 1/8th mile has Test and Tune on Tuesdays, all you can run open til close for like $15-$20, then Wednesday night is the cruise night (park the cars on the circle track and the infield, along with bikes in the pit lane), and the drag strip is $5 a run to race whoever and whatever you want. We regularly have quads, sleds, bar stools, cars, trucks, diesels, etc... Not uncommon to see a full race Nova go up against a Volvo, or a Diesel running in the 6's (1/8 mile remember) spank a 1K cc superbike.

That said, the cops issue more tickets for street racing those nights the strip is open than the rest of the week combined. Idiots will be idiots, on or off the track...
    This sounds awesome. I used to go to University at Buffalo and am thinking of visiting Buffalo possibly soon. Where would I find this place?

Lancaster Speedway is what it used to be called. Now its Dunn Tire Raceway. If you went to UB, you probably know of Shredd and Ragan on 103.3 The Edge, radio station. They started this cruise night about 5 years ago. Then they ran in to trouble with the owner and he started charging $1 admission, so they moved their location. Now WYRK, the country station holds their cruise night there.

Here's the deal, since the split, the more mature crowd/rarer cars, have followed Shredd & Ragan out to N. Tonawanda at Gratwick park. They show their cars there, and its right on the water, so boats and Jet Ski's show up too. The kids and those looking to race still go to the raceway, but don't be surprised by the number of teeny boppers and jail bait that attends.

S&R Cruise night goes til 9pm, WYRK at the speedway goes till 11. I usually go to S&R, then if I want to race, or see some racing, I go to the speedway after. Drinks are cheaper at S&R as well, plus I'm friends with Shredd anyway, so I go to bust his balls...

They have a few events like this in Chicagoland - KOTS being one of the most popular. No timing equipment, no prep. Not many imports.

near pittsburgh at waynesburg airport have flashlight drags 1/8 mile once a month .. really fun to do $25 to race all day as much as you want a lot of nice cars there i saw a gtr last time was there but i also saw a ford edge (completely stock) racing too as well.

heres thier site
    Flashlight Drags - Street Racing Without The Jail Time!

I Support ClubWRX
    Colorado State Patrol sponsors "Take it to the Track" night. Every wednesday throughout the summer. 30 bucks unlimited runs at bandimere speedway. If you go to the State Patrol office, you can get free tickets to race.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Is that at the track in Morrison?

I hate that town, always seems to be filled with idiots who think that they are hardcore because they watched sons of anarchy and bought a sportster that they share with their wife.